The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

What is the semi catered food like?

I was just wondering whether to go self-catered or semi. It's just I'm a veggie, and pretty fussy about healthy eating. I was wondering if anyone could give some examples of meals they've had? Also, is there an option for skimmed or soja milk?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
If you're fussy I would go for self-catered. I was in semi-catered at Southampton and we would get a choice of three dishes (one of which was vegetarian) or a jacket potato with a choice of a couple of different toppings. Milk was usually semi-skimmed. It was functional rather than exciting, not fantastically healthy.

I didn't mind the food but dinner was served between 5.45 and 6.45pm which I found a bit restrictive, especially if I had lectures till 6pm. The system may be different at Hull, but I definitely enjoyed cooking and eating what I wanted, when I wanted after first year.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I'm semi-catered at the Lawns currently, I'm not a vegetarian myself but I know people who are and I'd therefore recommend going self-catered. No more said.
Reply 3
Original post by NathanMorris
I'm semi-catered at the Lawns currently, I'm not a vegetarian myself but I know people who are and I'd therefore recommend going self-catered. No more said.

I was thinking of going semi-catered at the Lawns would you not recommend it? even for someone who cant cook haha.
Reply 4
would never let the uni cook my food, esp at scarborough.. having to eat in the canteen with no chance of cooking for yourself... on a cooker/over anyway... terriblA
Reply 5
first year at the lawns at the moment.
Foods fine - obviously not amazing because they have to provide for so many.
main option, snack option, healthy option and vegetarian option every night. then also a baguette and filling and baked potatoes and filling options.
a hot pudding and selection of cold puddings.

If your vegetarian- they do cater for that with an option every night. I think they do advise if you have specific dietary requirements that you go self- catered.
I was semi catered at the lawns and im a veggie, it really was fine :smile: as good as can be expected! And at least you're guaranteed a meal every day :smile: I really miss it now!

Quick Reply

Latest