The Student Room Group

Which one to firm?

Ok just wanting people's opinions...so...in your opinions, which is best to go to, Newcastle or Edinburgh? I'm still waiting on leeds but tbh i'm not arsed with them, the choice is between these two being my favourites.

I'm leaning towards ed cos im from ncl and its another lush city etcetc but just wanted to know what people think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well Edinburgh is a quite respected uni but thats not really important. Go there where you feel more welcome and comfortable. Visit both unis and think about which of the citys you like more.
Making a pro and con list may help. But I personally think from the feeling you have when you are currently at the campus you can usually make a better decision than something like a list.

Good Luck anyways..
Reply 2
If it was me, Edinburgh.

Which city do you want to live in for at least 5 yrs?
I'd also say Edinburgh. I have no first hand experience of either schools, but they'll be of similar quality. I do however have first hand experience of staying in both cities and I love Edinburgh. The rent isn't as cheap (though it's not expensive either; and a lot less than London) but the stunning views, friendly atmosphere and culture make up for it!
For me it will be Edinburgh, but it depends on what kind of city you want, the course structure and the teaching methods.
So which one do you like more in those aspects?
Reply 5
For me Newcastle because it is cheaper for student housing and a tiny bit warmer.

But like everyone said look at what is best for you for the next 5-6years.

Well done on you offers :smile:
Reply 6
Flip a coin and see your reaction to the outcome. If you're relieved then go for that, if you're sad go for the other..
Reply 7
Isn't the course structure really different? Pick the course that suits your learning style better. Or consider factor X, e.g. location, that is important to you ;3
Reply 8
Does Edinburgh give all medics an open bar on friday nights?

Didn't think so. :sexface:

Original post by JTeighty
Flip a coin and see your reaction to the outcome. If you're relieved then go for that, if you're sad go for the other..

Ha, I can't believe that this idea is getting around! I only said it as a half-seriously.
Original post by Beska
Does Edinburgh give all medics an open bar on friday nights?

Didn't think so. :sexface:

Ha, I can't believe that this idea is getting around! I only said it as a half-seriously.

No, but it's Scotland. The entire country is an open bar.
Original post by Beska

er, it's quite a well known thing. not your own novel idea...
Reply 11
Original post by thisismycatch22
er, it's quite a well known thing. not your own novel idea...

:facepalm2:

Obviously. I meant in relation to suggesting it as a method of choosing a medical school.
Original post by Beska

Obviously. I meant in relation to suggesting it as a method of choosing a medical school.

I quite like the method :colondollar:
Original post by Beska

No, yeah, you're right, it's a really widely used expression but anyone that happens to use it on TSR must have gotten it from you. Makes sense! :thumbsup:
Reply 14
No, yeah, you're right, it's a really widely used expression but anyone that happens to use it on TSR must have gotten it from you. Makes sense! :thumbsup:

Calm down bro. I don't think I can take all this passive aggressiveness.
Original post by Beska
Calm down bro. I don't think I can take all this passive aggressiveness.

I think you don't quite "get" the internet. Someone gently mocking you for making an egotistical comment isn't necessarily in a frothing rage behind their computer. They could be, say, sipping on a smooth black coffee and playing with tabs on the new firefox before going to the gym. Not everyone takes TSR super serious :wink:

anyway, re: the topic I'd go for newcastle personally, but I'm biased.
Reply 16
I think you don't quite "get" the internet. Someone gently mocking you for making an egotistical comment isn't necessarily in a frothing rage behind their computer. They could be, say, sipping on a smooth black coffee and playing with tabs on the new firefox before going to the gym. Not everyone takes TSR super serious :wink:

anyway, re: the topic I'd go for newcastle personally, but I'm biased.

Whoa, calm down. This passive aggressiveness is getting MAD OUT OF CONTROL.
Ooh thanks for the help guys :smile:
Ben - edinburgh has no happy hours apparently! alcohol issue in scotland and all... :s
I wasn't sure the courses were all that different? Aghghgh are the courses really different??? There's the open day soon so hopefully i'll decide after the open days hmmm

And well both cities are beautiful...i just feel like moving away is probably part of the uni experience that you need to have,and i wont be moving out if i stay at newcastle :s-smilie:

also....why did i get negged? :angry:
Reply 18
you can still move out if you stay in newcastle.
I study in newcastle and my parents live in newcastle but I live across the city to them so I only see them about once a week the rest of the time it feels like I live away from them coz Im in student housing.
Reply 19
Original post by Beska

Whether you meant it or not it's still a good test. Basic and true..It identifies your gut feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending