The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
It is really funny how Lancaster randomly went up in the league tables... :rolleyes:
Canterbury is beautiful... I have a thing for cobbled streets.

I figured that since I wasn't going to the likes of Oxbridge/UCL/Edinburgh/York etc. and I wasn't going to somewhere as dire as London Met./Wolverhampton either that my choices really wouldn't differ much as long as I stayed within the top 30 or so for English.
But the cobbled streets. :sogood:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 721
Original post by diamonddust
Can I be nosy and ask what sort of academic opportunities Canterbury offer? I suppose I already have... :tongue:

When I said personal, I meant personal.. But as in 'this applies to no one else' not 'this is super secretive' aha

I want to study early Christian art and architecture later in life, and seeing as Canterbury is home to one of the oldest cathedrals in England (which happens to have been restored in nearly every major architectural period, score!) it's a pretty perfect place for me to be. It has one of the largest libraries of early pastoral documents, too, which is why I choose to study somewhere less academically suited towards me (as in, the course focuses more on modern art than classical art, I didn't mean it snobbishly) so that I could indulge in such opportunities.

Yeah, my friends think it's weird too, don't worry :rolleyes: But like I said, aside from that it's a beautiful city in a beautiful part of England!
Reply 722
Does anyone know anything about the sports facilities? Do they have a good basketball court and gym?
Just insured Kent for English and American Literature :smile:.
Original post by Alittlenightmusic
Just insured Kent for English and American Literature :smile:.

As I said above, make sure you apply for accomadation regardless. Otherwise you'll be stuck.
Wow, anybody doing visit days this week are in for a treat, had some awesome weather here..
Reply 726
Hi, could any current law and economics students at kent help me?

I originally applied for law and received a conditional offer but I had a change of mind and wrote to them asking to change to economics L100 instead, they have given me a conditional offer for this too and I just need to confirm it.

I haven't visited the economics department and have very little information about it so if anyone could let me what they think about the course and any advice would be really appreciated!
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Wow, anybody doing visit days this week are in for a treat, had some awesome weather here..

Just got in, it was a lovely day.
Hi everyone!

I received my offer after interview and firmed Kent asap! Love, love, love Kent! Am doing English Language and Linguistics with English and American Literature :wink:Sooo excited now! :tongue:
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Just got in, it was a lovely day.

Did you like the campus? :smile:
Did you like the campus? :smile:

Yeah, I really like how green it is, a lot of the 60s universities seem to be far more concretey.he

I forgot to mention earlier, the day absolutely confirmed my decision to firm Kent, I really loved it :biggrin:
Yeah, I really like how green it is, a lot of the 60s universities seem to be far more concretey.he

I forgot to mention earlier, the day absolutely confirmed my decision to firm Kent, I really loved it :biggrin:

Yeah, I like that too. The massive space between Rutherford and Eliot colleges, looking over at the cathedral is awesome. When it's less muddy, it'll be packed on there! But as a whole, the uni is really well kept!

Good news :colone:
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Nice nice :smile: you should be fine - raised their grade requirements? What law course did you apply for?

law and criminology....u
Yeah, I like that too. The massive space between Rutherford and Eliot colleges, looking over at the cathedral is awesome. When it's less muddy, it'll be packed on there! But as a whole, the uni is really well kept!

Good news :colone:

Yeah it's such an amazing view. I loved walking into the Rutherford dining room and seeing it straight away through that window opposite.
It was a horrible foggy day when I visited in October so never got to appreciate it.

Oh btw, Champagne Supernova is a great song, although Don't Look back in Anger is my favorite ever :tongue:
Still haven't heard back from kent yet arghhh they are driving me insane!!!!!
Yeah it's such an amazing view. I loved walking into the Rutherford dining room and seeing it straight away through that window opposite.
It was a horrible foggy day when I visited in October so never got to appreciate it.

Oh btw, Champagne Supernova is a great song, although Don't Look back in Anger is my favorite ever :tongue:

It genuinely hasn't gotten boring yet :p: Ah yeah, I'm not surprised they took you that way on the tour :wink: :p:
Ah right, fair enough :frown: Campus is much nicer in the sun :h:

Aha, Don't Look Back in Anger is indeed a great song. I don't think I have a favourite, far too many! :o:
Anyone know if there's a chance to convince admissions to let you in even if you haven't reached the required grade?

I'm on a gap year and I had to retake a Maths module in Jan to get my overall grade up. My life was all over the place at that time so I couldn't revise and predictably I flopped, hence I haven't got the overall up.

Obviously I can retake again in the summer and actually revise, I'm pretty confident I'll get what I need. BUT I missed the deadline for retakes so it's gonna cost like 120 and I really want to do some travelling from early May till September.

Do you think there's any point in emailing admissions basically outlining my situation and feeding them some bull**** about how amazing Kent is and how A few months of travelling will help me develop as a person etc. I'll also mention the fact that all I need is about 10 more marks to get my grade up and the module I'm taking is in Decision Maths- a completely pointless and irrelevant section of maths- so the overall effect on my ability to study Economics will be practically non-existant.

Have I got a shout?
Original post by ceejaycoco
law and criminology....u

Very nice - I'm doing the straight Law M100
Im visiting Kent on an open day this week! What should I expect to happen?
Original post by No.1 Loner
Im visiting Kent on an open day this week! What should I expect to happen?

Rabbits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending