The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
Clarence Dock is cheaper than Dev & JBP.

:colondollar: After doing my homework I realised this...and it also made me denounce my love for the latter two :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 301
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
An en-suite room if it isn't too much trouble? And I know this is going to sound a bit weird...but a picture of the bathroom? In my defense...the pictures online don't really do the bathrooms justice :wink: And maybe just a general kitchen picture? Haha, nothing extensive! Thank you very much :h:

they're all en suite :colonhash: Lol. I have a feeling it won't look as good as the pictures but none of them will. It doesn't sound weird. That's what i meant by specifics :tongue:. Got it! Kitchen and bathroo :smile:
Original post by dmz
they're all en suite :colonhash: Lol. I have a feeling it won't look as good as the pictures but none of them will. It doesn't sound weird. That's what i meant by specifics :tongue:. Got it! Kitchen and bathroo :smile:

:colondollar: blah! I'm getting all of my facts muddled, haha...I've been writing little pro and con lists comparing my three favourites so half of my info is all melded together. One thing that is not tainted by confusion is my love for CD :biggrin: Thank you very much!
Reply 303
:colondollar: blah! I'm getting all of my facts muddled, haha...I've been writing little pro and con lists comparing my three favourites so half of my info is all melded together. One thing that is not tainted by confusion is my love for CD :biggrin: Thank you very much!

Haha lol, which other two are yours? I crossed oxley off cos there's a chance i might not get an en suite. Same with bailie. I really love it so far also :biggrin: and the fact that it's purely undergrad so everyone's new. The list sounds like a good idea

Does anyone know how far CD is from headingley? I know it's probably the furthest. How close is the closest cinema?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
Haha lol, which other two are yours? I crossed oxley off cos there's a chance i might not get an en suite. Same with bailie. I really love it so far also :biggrin: and the fact that it's purely undergrad so everyone's new

Mine were exactly the same: CD, Oxley and Bailie...I didn't like the idea of paying more for Bailie, especially as it didn't have an on-site gym (hoping i've done research right this time, aha!) and Oxley is okay, but I love CD much more and it has - as you said- all rooms with en-suites! I prefer a fully undergrad accom too, a fresh start for everyone :biggrin: Plus, the surrounding area sure isn't an eyesore. What course did you apply for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 305
Mine were exactly the same: CD, Oxley and Bailie...I didn't like the idea of paying more for Bailie, especially as it didn't have an on-site gym (hoping i've done research right this time, aha!) and Oxley is okay, but I love CD much more and it has - as you said- all rooms with en-suites! I prefer a fully undergrad accom too, a fresh start for everyone :biggrin: Plus, the surrounding area sure isn't an eyesore. What course did you apply for?

leodis was on my list too cos it's perfect walking distance everywhere and i assumed it'd be full of life as it's the second largest but apparently bits can be quiet but there seems to be a concern about nearby estates or so? :dontknow: it has a bar too! :biggrin:. I only noticed the price at the end which absolutely sealed the deal. Can't help but think there's a catch tho :hmmm: medical engineering (not going to be meeting a lot of girls on my course :frown: how about you?
Original post by dmz
leodis was on my list too cos it's perfect walking distance everywhere and i assumed it'd be full of life as it's the second largest but apparently bits can be quiet but there seems to be a concern about nearby estates or so? :dontknow: it has a bar too! :biggrin:. I only noticed the price at the end which absolutely sealed the deal. Can't help but think there's a catch tho :hmmm: medical engineering (not going to be meeting a lot of girls on my course :frown: how about you?

Exactly my thoughts. So far CD has outperformed everything on my 'comparative list' and I couldn't really find a catch apart from the fact that it didn't really have a common room (but totally made up for by the bar/cafe) I'm waiting for someone to be like "Oh yeah, CD? Don't do it mate, worst place ever...had mice and a couple of thefts last year" :colonhash: English Literature (possibly going to ask if I could add History to that too) so probably the polar opposite...a load of girls on my course.
Reply 307
Exactly my thoughts. So far CD has outperformed everything on my 'comparative list' and I couldn't really find a catch apart from the fact that it didn't really have a common room (but totally made up for by the bar/cafe) I'm waiting for someone to be like "Oh yeah, CD? Don't do it mate, worst place ever...had mice and a couple of thefts last year" :colonhash: English Literature (possibly going to ask if I could add History to that too) so probably the polar opposite...a load of girls on my course.

emeleh lives there now and she doesn't think there's any catch and it's probably cheap cos of the distance. Most of the accommodations don't have one other than the kitchen. Haha, Gosh i hope not. I'm a guy btw just in case you don't know yet:tongue:. Really can't wait to move in!
Reply 308

Original post by dmz
Haha lol, which other two are yours? I crossed oxley off cos there's a chance i might not get an en suite. Same with bailie. I really love it so far also :biggrin: and the fact that it's purely undergrad so everyone's new. The list sounds like a good idea

Does anyone know how far CD is from headingley? I know it's probably the furthest. How close is the closest cinema?

According to Google maps:

CD to Headingley: 1 hour 12 mins walk or 11 mins car journey

CD to cinema (Vue): 28 mins walk or 9 mins car journey
Original post by dmz
I'm a guy btw just in case you don't know yet:tongue:. Really can't wait to move in!

Aha, good to know! Me either, I think CD is my final decision! Bring on Sep 2011 :biggrin:
No :frown: I'm working, unfortunately, and I used all of my holidays up for this year. I'm just hoping people will go and then come and comment on here afterward. What course are you applying for? :smile:

Ah :/ yeah I'll let you know about the ones I go too :smile: give you a bit of an insight! I'm applying to do sociology :smile: you?
Reply 311
Original post by dmz
the description of it seems really boring tbh, music rooms and balls? I'd like a ball but why so formal?!

ooh I'd love that! Balls and stuff, its one of the most active. I'm just concerned about its strictness, I am going to uni to get away from pretentious teachers breathing down my back 24/7...
But everyone keeps saying "nah not my cuppa tea, full of rahs". What is so wrong with being a rah?!

I also quite like clarence dock but I don't know too much about it! Oh and JBP. eeeeeeeee decisions decisions decisions :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Ah :/ yeah I'll let you know about the ones I go too :smile: give you a bit of an insight! I'm applying to do sociology :smile: you?

English Literature :biggrin: and thank you!
Reply 313
Original post by J o o
According to Google maps:CD to Headingley: 1 hour 12 mins walk or 11 mins car journeyCD to cinema (Vue): 28 mins walk or 9 mins car journey
thanks for that :biggrin:, not great distances but can't win em all i guess. Have you applied for accommodation?
Aha, good to know! Me either, I think CD is my final decision! Bring on Sep 2011 :biggrin:
:five: let's hope we've not convinced someone else to apply? :ninja:
keds
Oh I'd love that! Balls and stuff, its one of the most active. I'm just concerned about its strictness, I am going to uni to get away from pretentious teachers breathing down my back 24/7... But everyone keeps saying "nah not my cuppa tea, full of rahs". What is so wrong with being a rah?!I also quite like clarence dock but I don't know too much about it! Oh and JBP. eeeeeeeee decisions decisions decisions :smile: :smile: :smile:
Haha, nice! I like balls too but i much prefer informal parties but it does sound like good fun. If i take an instrument to uni I'd wanna show off with it not have to go to a music room(i can't play anything coherent so worry not :tongue:), lol tho it does mean no one gets disturbed? Strict in what ways? I know what you mean about getting away! Long as it's a nice person I'm not bothered if they have two horns and a tail (okay that would bother me quite a bit) :lol::woo: open day?
(edited 13 years ago)
I think I'm trying to decide between Clarence Dock and Lupton now; CD as it looks lovely and is in a nice area, and Lupton as it's in Headingley. Anyone going to both of these on Saturday and willing to compare the two?
English Literature :biggrin:

Me too :biggrin: Conditional or unconditional?
Reply 316

Original post by dmz
thanks for that :biggrin:, not great distances but can't win em all i guess. Have you applied for accommodation?

Not yet, still deciding on my insurance;;;
But I'm gonna apply for CD : D
Reply 317
Original post by J o o
Not yet, still deciding on my insurance;;;
But I'm gonna apply for CD : D

oh right, what are you studying?
Original post by hoopyfrood199
Me too :biggrin: Conditional or unconditional?

Conditional (AAB) how about you? Is Leeds your firm? It's exciting to meet a fellow English lit'er :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 319
Conditional (AAB) is Leeds your firm? It's exciting to meet a fellow English lit'er :biggrin:

I can't remember if you were going on saturday?

Latest