The Student Room Group

Need money fast, or homeless.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21

I am at the other Swansea uni, but good idea about the contingency fund, so gonna see what my uni have in comparison, thanks,
Reply 22
Can't your parents help you?
Reply 23
Original post by TheMan100
Can't your parents help you?

My parents work full time themselves, my father gives most of his money to his ex wife for my little sister, my mother uses all her money to live, neither of them have enough for themselves let alone to help me now.
Reply 25

Thank you, i will look into that, looks good.
Original post by Spr7377

Original post by Spr7377
Thank you, i will look into that, looks good.

unfortunately crisis loans do not cover rent arrears, or unable to pay rent.
Original post by thru sun and rain

and even if they did give you something it'd be a very measley amount
Reply 28
Original post by Spr7377
I am at the other Swansea uni, but good idea about the contingency fund, so gonna see what my uni have in comparison, thanks,

I didn't even realise Swansea had more than one uni lol. Yeah deffo worth trying though uni's tend to be quite sympathetic when it comes to Student Finance being crap. Hope you get it sorted.:smile:
Reply 29
unfortunately crisis loans do not cover rent arrears, or unable to pay rent.

So then what? They just let him go out on the streets... surely not?
Reply 30
and even if they did give you something it'd be a very measley amount

Worth applying though, may aswell go for anything nowadays, better than me walking in front of a truck tbh.
Reply 31
Original post by Aimee91
I didn't even realise Swansea had more than one uni lol. Yeah deffo worth trying though uni's tend to be quite sympathetic when it comes to Student Finance being crap. Hope you get it sorted.:smile:

Thanks

Just gonna go into the union tomorrow and ask to speak to someone about it.
Hustle.
Reply 33

I read the forms, said it does cover rent in circumstances, so im gonna apply anyway.

unfortunately so. I believe they class having a home as a luxury. :/
Probably get negged for this but, Crisis loans get given out willy nilly to all the winos but those that genuinely need the help get often ignored.
I knew someone who applied and got granted a crisis loan... £5 to last a month. yet you see all the winos queing (sp?) up to get it cashed and see them hopping round picking up cheap booze straight after.
Original post by Spr7377

however it would only cover a very miniscule amount of it.
Reply 36
however it would only cover a very miniscule amount of it.

"Every little helps."
Reply 37
unfortunately so. I believe they class having a home as a luxury. :/
Probably get negged for this but, Crisis loans get given out willy nilly to all the winos but those that genuinely need the help get often ignored.
I knew someone who applied and got granted a crisis loan... £5 to last a month. yet you see all the winos queing (sp?) up to get it cashed and see them hopping round picking up cheap booze straight after.

Well i can promise i wouldnt be heading straight for the nearest off licence, just pay my landlord, then pay back any money i borrowed as soon as possible
Reply 38
"Every little helps."

The Tesco philosophy for life works well.
Original post by Spr7377
Looking for work so much, nowhere is hiring, thats the problem, i have looked and applied for everything, and i have even started looking into medical research to help.

I only have to pay £1200 off in two weeks, so if i can get that sorted then i can sort the rest over time.

I get £800 at the end of April, so i basically need to hope things work out. I dunno, this has stressed me for so long and now my landlord has gave me a date to pay it by i am even worse. I literally am so close to giving up.

You should go on job seekers allowance then.
You need the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending