The Student Room Group

My ex's birthday

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shinytoy
^^^ this :smile: i dont see why it was negged. if you a)remeber your ex birthday b) contact him and c) wish him happy birthday you are essentially saying a) i think of you and remember the date of your birthday and am thinkin of you today, i havent moved on properly b) i want to contact you, mr ex, and maybe get it on or at least forgive you for what you did c) you are contacting him, therefore he has power over you and where things go.

seeing as OP said:

then keep your care to yourself. m@sterbate over his FB pics if yu must but definately DO NOT CONTACT HIM!!!

out of interest, what makes you say this? if an ex contacted you to wish you happy b day out of the blue, wouldnt you think it was nice? i dont think the OP should, but i was thinking of doing the same for my ex. why is it weird?

For me personally an ex is in the past for a reason, and if we had both moved on I wouldn't expect there to be any further contact, I guess it would open old wounds for me. I'd be creeped out at them randomly wishing me happy birthday in the same way I would someone who I haven't spoken to in years, except with the ex it would be tinged with a bit more of 'that's strange'. I guess it depends whether you broke up on good or bad terms, mine was bad lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MovingOn
Don't make contact with him. For one it's a bit creepy when you haven't been in regular contact, and two he will think it's all okay between you two now.

This.

I don't understand why someone negged you for this? :confused:
Reply 22
For me personally an ex is in the past for a reason, and if we had both moved on I wouldn't expect there to be any further contact, I guess it would open old wounds for me. I'd be creeped out at them randomly wishing me happy birthday in the same way I would someone who I haven't spoken to in years, except with the ex it would be tinged with a bit more of 'that's strange'. I guess it depends whether you broke up on good or bad terms, mine was bad lol

mines was bad too. i guess it is kinda stalker-ish, but i do still fancy mines and do FB stalk him

i dont see how your post got negged either
Reply 23
Original post by sarahthegemini
This.

I don't understand why someone negged you for this? :confused:

Me either, I guess you can't please everyone :tongue:

mines was bad too. i guess it is kinda stalker-ish, but i do still fancy mines and do FB stalk him

i dont see how your post got negged either

Yeah, mine ended badly and I don't have any feelings for him anymore but if he got in touch now to wish me happy birthday after we ended on bad terms I'd be confused and a bit annoyed I guess. Maybe I'm just a moody cow but my ex didn't even do anything wrong and I would be weirded out if he contacted me, let alone if he had done something 'unforgivable' like in the OP.
Reply 24
Me either, I guess you can't please everyone :tongue:

he was a moron :mad:

Yeah, mine ended badly and I don't have any feelings for him anymore but if he got in touch now to wish me happy birthday after we ended on bad terms I'd be confused and a bit annoyed I guess. Maybe I'm just a moody cow but my ex didn't even do anything wrong and I would be weirded out if he contacted me, let alone if he had done something 'unforgivable' like in the OP.

yeah mines is different, i still fancy him even though i havent spoekn to him in 2 years. he hates me because he cheated on me by living with another woman, then i told his gf that he was also dating me. he got p*ssed and dumped me, problem is he is H:eek:t as HEEELLLLL!!!! :sexface:
Reply 25
Original post by Eloise987
I think she means they broke up in October, having been together for three years, not that they broke up 3 years ago. Cut her some slack :smile:

OP: If they have facebook and a lot of people write on their wall, just write happy birthday :smile:
My ex and I broke up in September and his birthday was in January and that's what I did.

oh ahhahahaa ok

yeh but still! come on!!! get out there! screw his ****ty ass for not appreciating you
Original post by Minni04
oh ahhahahaa ok

yeh but still! come on!!! get out there! screw his ****ty ass for not appreciating you

I know what you mean but at the same time, being civil is one of the best ways of implying to somebody you're over them. The fact my ex talks to me on a fairly regular basis and did so right from when we broke up made it worse because it was like he felt fine enough about the whole thing to be friends with me, so obviously I had to be the same back or I'd be the bitter one haha.
i would say happy birthday! if on facebook. If youre on good terms.
Reply 28
^^^ this :smile: i dont see why it was negged. if you a)remeber your ex birthday b) contact him and c) wish him happy birthday you are essentially saying a) i think of you and remember the date of your birthday and am thinkin of you today, i havent moved on properly b) i want to contact you, mr ex, and maybe get it on or at least forgive you for what you did c) you are contacting him, therefore he has power over you and where things go.

This is spot on!

then keep your care to yourself. m@sterbate over his FB pics if yu must but definately DO NOT CONTACT HIM!!!

Great advice!

out of interest, what makes you say this? if an ex contacted you to wish you happy b day out of the blue, wouldnt you think it was nice? i dont think the OP should, but i was thinking of doing the same for my ex. why is it weird?

We differ here as I would prefer that my ex’s never attempted to contact me for any reason.
Original post by Anonymous
is coming up, we didn't end on bad terms but then again we haven't really spoken properly since. Broke up in early October after almost 3 years. Should I message him saying happy birthday or just ignore it? He did something pretty unforgivable so I don't want him to think he can just start talking to me again, but still I really care for him :confused:

Any advice? Thanks :smile:

It was my ex's birthday two weeks ago, we were together for 4 years and lived together. She also did something pretty unforgivable. I knew damn fine it was her birthday, but chose to ignore it. and her.
We broke a year ago this week, i remember these things, not because i "want her" or want to keep in touch, but these things stick in your head. Looking back, she at least text me on my birthday shortly afterwards... but... she was a ***
^^^ this :smile: ilf. m@sterbate over his FB pics if yu must

?

great advice
Reply 31
As much as I despise shorthand
"Happy bday" or "Happy Birthday" on his wall would be fine. No kisses, smilies or exclamation marks. Just simply a nice gesture. If he tries talking, don't talk back. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending