The Student Room Group

When you see an unattractive facebook photo..

of a person that you remember as attractive..what do you think?
I have a lot of people on facebook that lives different places and I haven't seen in a long time. Plus a guy I've only met once that I am seeing again soon. And I see some photos and think "oh...is that what he looks like. Is my memory this bad".
Do you guys ever think about this when you see pics of girls? I don't mean as if they've changed, but that you might have a wrong impression of the girl and then "wake up" when you see a photo? Or are you fairly nice when it comes to unattractive pics? :tongue:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have a lot of people on facebook that lives different places and I haven't seen in a long time. Plus a guy I've only met once that I am seeing again soon. And I see some photos and think "oh...is that what he looks like. Is my memory this bad".
Do you guys ever think about this when you see pics of girls? I don't mean as if they've changed, but that you might have a wrong impression of the girl and then "wake up" when you see a photo? Or are you fairly nice when it comes to unattractive pics? :tongue:

On some of my facebook pics I look like 20 stone and with no neck and massive chin but in reality I look far far thinner it was just bad lighting(was taken in dark with candlelights) and makes me look in late 40's when I am mid twenties.

Plus if you are comparing them to reality when they may of spent hours doing themselves up(male or female) to a pic when they are just doing something like walking in country so not done up, or drunk so they look bad isnt a fair judgement.
Reply 2
Anyone can look bad in a photo. So the trick is to look at a range of photos before coming to an informed decision.
Reply 3
It's sort of weird. All the girls back in school that I thought were 'fit' have all turned out to be not that great looking and all the girls I never really looked at now looking stunning. It's strange.
One photo means nothing.

And if she's fat, then 100% of her pictures will only be of her face, therefore they're not legit.
(edited 13 years ago)
They're probably just horribly unphotogenic, in which case I feel their pain :emo:
Reply 6
Mine is the opposite...the majority of people I thought to be unattractive at school, have turned out to be really quite good looking.
It's wierd. There was this girl on my facebook friends list, I went to her profile pictures, started at the first uploaded one, as I went further and further, she got fatter and fatter. I found it rather amusing.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Some people are not photogenic, i know girls that look ok in pictures and stunning in real life and there are some that look the opposite so you cant always judge from a few bad pics. I personally think i look pretty bad in photos and much better in person
I die a little inside and look with fascination at the 37847573838 comments saying they are gorgeous when a rats bottom is more appealing :biggrin:
Original post by Tyler.
It's sort of weird. All the girls back in school that I thought were 'fit' have all turned out to be not that great looking and all the girls I never really looked at now looking stunning. It's strange.

this.

intimidating gorgeous girls from school look fairly average on facebook now. maybe it's their confidence that made them intimidating/gorgeous and i could only get that in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending