The Student Room Group

Are V neck t shirts gay?

Recently i started wearing V-neck t-shirts because i like the style and ive recieved quite a few comments from friends saying that i look gay. At first I had the 'I dont give a **** what people think' attitude but now I just dont want to look gay. So what do you think when you see someone wearing a v-neck t-shirt?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They look hideous on guys, sorry :redface:
Unless you're going for the jls look :lolwut: stay away from them
Reply 2
Original post by word2yamother
Recently i started wearing V-neck t-shirts because i like the style and ive recieved quite a few comments from friends saying that i look gay. At first I had the 'I dont give a **** what people think' attitude but now I just dont want to look gay. So what do you think when you see someone wearing a v-neck t-shirt?

Depends what the tshirt looks like

this = fine

This a tad gay

Reply 3
I'm not keen when guys wear v necks, but if it makes you feel happy and comfortable then don't give a crap what anyone else thinks. They're not the ones who are wearing your clothes.
Reply 4
I like it :smile: It looks old fashioned!
Reply 5
Original post by amsie/
They look hideous on guys, sorry :redface:
Unless you're going for the jls look :lolwut: stay away from them

do you like the jls look then?
Reply 6

mirin'?
Reply 7
Original post by st_23
Depends what the tshirt looks like

This a tad gay

is he not wearing trousers?
Gayness is the sexual or emotional attraction to a member of the same sex. So no, wearing a particular kind of garment does not instantly change your naturally ingrained sense of sexual attraction.

I don't like them.
Sorry :o:

EDIT: regular v-neck is ok. It's just the deep v-neck which looks odd imo.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by secret_smile

I don't like them.
Sorry :o:

EDIT: regular v-neck is ok. It's just the deep v-neck which looks odd imo.

lol, ill be back tomorrow with rep
Reply 11
Original post by st_23
do you like the jls look then?

Haha was the lolwut not enough of a clue? I don't, I'm probs more masculine than all the jls guys put together- and I like to wear floral patterns :hmmm:
Reply 12
Original post by bestofyou
is he not wearing trousers?

eww i didn't notice that before although to be fair i did type in v neck + gay into google images so it doesn't surprise me :sick:
Reply 13
It's not the shirt's fault that it's attracted to other shirts of the same gender. Stop the hate!
And i thought sticking your penis in a guy is gay.
Seems like everything is gay these days.
My problem with them is mostly that they're hideous, and less that they look pretty gay.
Reply 16
Original post by amsie/
Haha was the lolwut not enough of a clue? I don't, I'm probs more masculine than all the jls guys put together- and I like to wear floral patterns :hmmm:

Sorry my bad didn't know what it was, i don't really bother with the smileys most of the time.

I see you have a dislike for JLS (not suggesting I like them btw haha)
Depends on how deep the V is. I think its probably best to avoid the really deep ones but the shirts with a smaller V look OK
Reply 18
Gay or Hipster.

Also an aside death to all hipsters. Growing a beard/tache and wearing stupid clothes does not make you cool. It makes you a douchebag.
A bit camp, but whatever floats your boat :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending