The Student Room Group

What are you getting your Mum for Mothers day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by insignificant
Thats such a nice idea! :biggrin:

Thanks, I like your idea too. If I had to do that for my mum, she'd want to go to a book signing for Jordan/Katie Price and I refuse to do so!
I don't usually do much for Mother's day, just maybe some flowers or a loving card, or a small gift which she can put on display in her glass cabinet. Last year i got her a glass square, which said I love you Mum on it..and some place mats for plates? They looked really chic, so i thought why not :P

This year, im thinking maybe just flowers and do the cooking for her, and make it seem like any other day, since, i really don't see the point in Mother's day, I shower my mum with Love, every day, when i can, why should i show her all the love i have in just one day? Same applies to Valentines day..But that's going off topic.....
Ooh. I'm now slightly stuck as all your ideas sound really good! Might make her a meal - will try and persuade her to go to my gran's or something during the day so I can cook something.. Presents wise I'm not sure - she has too many me-to-you bears but I have to get something from both me and sister (severly disabled) so there'll have to be a teddy in there somewhere. Maybe one of those Lush gift sets or some clothes from New Look... I'm agoraphobic and hate shopping with a passion right now but I wonder if I can push myself into going down to the city centre to see what I can find.
Original post by daisydaffodil
Ooh. I'm now slightly stuck as all your ideas sound really good! Might make her a meal - will try and persuade her to go to my gran's or something during the day so I can cook something.. Presents wise I'm not sure - she has too many me-to-you bears but I have to get something from both me and sister (severly disabled) so there'll have to be a teddy in there somewhere. Maybe one of those Lush gift sets or some clothes from New Look... I'm agoraphobic and hate shopping with a passion right now but I wonder if I can push myself into going down to the city centre to see what I can find.

I used to have the same problem, but to a lesser extent now. Tip for you.. look online, so you know what is available and then you can just go in and buy it, or order it online :smile:
Original post by Louzilla
Thanks, I like your idea too. If I had to do that for my mum, she'd want to go to a book signing for Jordan/Katie Price and I refuse to do so!

Wow, my mum is the polar opposite and despises katie price! why does your mum like her? I can see why from her entrepreneurial skills.. but other than that...!
Reply 65
Getting my mum a 5 piece circulon cookery set that she has been wanting for ages..but seriously I don't understand how its going to cost me £134! Ohh well thats nothing compared to what she does for me :biggrin:
Ordered some flowers to be delivered to the house on the Sunday. And will give her a call. Difficult to go and visit when I'm 250 miles away and coming home anyway 5 days later for Easter.
Done the same for my Nan too.
Probably a voucher for East and some M&S PJ's.
Reply 68
Original post by insignificant
Wow, my mum is the polar opposite and despises katie price! why does your mum like her? I can see why from her entrepreneurial skills.. but other than that...!

My mum is easily pleased. Once me and my brother only got her slippers (Neither of us had jobs or money) and she was over the moon about them. Maybe I should have just bought her slippers instead of this cross stitch stuff.
Original post by Louzilla
My mum is easily pleased. Once me and my brother only got her slippers (Neither of us had jobs or money) and she was over the moon about them. Maybe I should have just bought her slippers instead of this cross stitch stuff.

I think the cross stitch is great!heartfelt...handmade... great :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending