The Student Room Group

Need money fast, or homeless.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caprisun!
Waddya mean you have nothing to sell? There's always your body.

And by that I meant a kidney.

People didn't see your final comment before disliking your AWESOME post!!
loving it
Original post by TheMan100

Original post by TheMan100
"Every little helps."

yes very true. Every little helps, but you try living on £5 for a month?
Reply 42
Original post by MrsCrackFox
You should go on job seekers allowance then.
You need the help!

Im a student, i cant.
i feel sorry for you OP, you seem like a genuine guy. hope you get your grant sorted out.
Reply 44
Original post by llamalad200
i feel sorry for you OP, you seem like a genuine guy. hope you get your grant sorted out.

Cheers mate, i like to think so,

Like i said i honestly never meant for any of this to happen, and i dont wanna not pay my landlord, in fact i will love for him to have his money, but i just cant see it happening unless i get a loan.
wonga.com?
Original post by Insanity514

Original post by Insanity514
wonga.com?

They only loan for up to 31 days, wouldn't be much use to the op.
Reply 47
Original post by Spr7377
He needs the money to be honest, he has 4 children and a business to run, and times are hard now, i want to give him the money, i would prefer to put myself into more debt in the long run than to screw him over, he deserves his money.

You're a really good human being, I hope you find/earn, somehow get the money to pay him.

Sorry couldn't help much, never been in this situation fortunately.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Sam89
You're a really good human being, I hope you find/earn, somehow get the money to pay him.

Sorry couldn't help much, never been in this situation fortunately.

Thanks, i like to think i am a good person, and if i had been given my maintenance grant then i would have paid him using that, would have had no problems, but student finance had to be bloody useless and con me out of £2000 i was entitled to, really wound me up tbh, and now im a problem to myself and him, and it isnt fair, gonna make sure i get the money so he gets paid, priority number 1, then i can worry about myself second.
Reply 49
Anyone got anymore ideas, i wanna apply for every possible helpful loan possible, so i can pay him, then worry about me later.
IF you are entitled to a maintenance grant you must persevere with it.
Reply 51
Original post by hypocriticaljap
IF you are entitled to a maintenance grant you must persevere with it.

I am, but i cant be 100% sure if i will come, it was meant to come in september, so i cant just make my landlord wait and hope it arrives, i have to find a way to pay him.
Claim you're a squatter. They can get away with anything rent free. :biggrin:
Original post by Spr7377
Right then people, heres the scenario

Im skint, absolutely broke, im 19, i have nothing i can sell, and unless i get money in the next few weeks i am totally dead.

I have no money, i have to pay my landlord £1200 within the next two weeks, and then £600 in the summer, but im only gonna get £800 at the end of April.

So im £1000 short. And i gotta pay really soon.

So im looking into getting a loan, but.......im not sure who would loan to me, anyone got any ideas what the best companies are, i literally need this money till September, any help would be really useful.

Thanks.

If you can't pay it all, why pay at all?

Don't pay, because you obviously can't afford it, it's better for you to be be chucked out with 800 cash than to be chucked out with 0 cash.

It's not so bad being homeless, sure there will be an adjustment period. But you're destitute, and that's how the life of a destitute person goes, becoming a homeless vagabond. I suggest you find somewhere to store your worldy possesions if you do not plan on packing it into a suitcase where ever you go.

Then pick somewhere quiet to sleep, such as a field and not a town centre alley where you'll certainly be set on fire for a laugh by druken idiots. Your end goal is to become a squatter and to finally have a roof over your head.

Best of luck to you. You'll need it.
Reply 54
Original post by Genocidal
Claim you're a squatter. They can get away with anything rent free. :biggrin:

Cheers for that, i'll remember that when im homeless and have to leave uni in the next two weeks,
Reply 56
Original post by Spr7377
I am, but i cant be 100% sure if i will come, it was meant to come in september, so i cant just make my landlord wait and hope it arrives, i have to find a way to pay him.

I really feel you it's times like these when i genuinely wish i was a millionaire for noble reasons, you seem really lovely. I hope you gt this sorted.
Reply 57
Original post by The-Real-One
If you can't pay it all, why pay at all?

Don't pay, because you obviously can't afford it, it's better for you to be be chucked out with 800 cash than to be chucked out with 0 cash.

It's not so bad being homeless, sure there will be an adjustment period. But you're destitute, and that's how the life of a destitute person goes, becoming a homeless vagabond. I suggest you find somewhere to store your worldy possesions if you do not plan on packing it into a suitcase where ever you go.

Then pick somewhere quiet to sleep, such as a field and not a town centre alley where you'll certainly be set on fire for a laugh by druken idiots. Your end goal is to become a squatter and to finally have a roof over your head.

Best of luck to you. You'll need it.

Why comment if you are not gonna be helpful, its getting to a point where i am so depressed about it all that i think if i do walk under a bus then atleast i cant give my family the disappointment of a son that fails, so thanks for your help. Muchly appreciated.
Reply 58

Thank you, people who are actually trying to help me are really appreciated, honestly thank you.
Reply 59
Original post by Stasiaxx
I really feel you it's times like these when i genuinely wish i was a millionaire for noble reasons, you seem really lovely. I hope you gt this sorted.

Thank you, i really appreciate your support in times like this, makes me smile through the sadness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending