The Student Room Group

Need money fast, or homeless.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spr7377

Original post by Spr7377
Thank you, people who are actually trying to help me are really appreciated, honestly thank you.

Anytime. I'll look for more.
Original post by Spr7377
Why comment if you are not gonna be helpful, its getting to a point where i am so depressed about it all that i think if i do walk under a bus then atleast i cant give my family the disappointment of a son that fails, so thanks for your help. Muchly appreciated.

You think that's not helpful? I'm being serious and giving you perfectly good advice. the problem is that your situation is so bad that no option is entirely palatable.

I'm trying to make you see the gravity of your situation, and think rationally on how to best cope, because something drastic is going to happen, whether you want it to or not.

If you totally ignore my advice, then it's your loss because you'll be a lot worse off when you become homeless and destitute.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Spr7377
Right then people, heres the scenario

Im skint, absolutely broke, im 19, i have nothing i can sell, and unless i get money in the next few weeks i am totally dead.

I have no money, i have to pay my landlord £1200 within the next two weeks, and then £600 in the summer, but im only gonna get £800 at the end of April.

So im £1000 short. And i gotta pay really soon.

So im looking into getting a loan, but.......im not sure who would loan to me, anyone got any ideas what the best companies are, i literally need this money till September, any help would be really useful.

Thanks.

So long as you can type pretty quickly this might help:
http://www.takenotetyping.com/jobs2007.asp. You get paid for every piece of audio typing you do and it is all home based.

Be careful with unsecured loans or pay day loans from the likes of wonga as they have unbelievably high interest rates that incur from the day you borrow, which is fine if you know you will have the money within a week.
(edited 13 years ago)
http://www.ukpaydayreviews.com/

Go into that website and there you will see all the UK Lenders/Instant cash lenders. You can apply to as many of them if you can. Good luck.
Reply 64
Original post by The-Real-One
You think that's not helpful? I'm being serious and giving you perfectly good advice. the problem is that your situation is so bad that no option is entirely palatable.

I'm trying to make you see the gravity of your situation, and how to best cope, because something drastic is going to happen, whether you want it to or not.

If you totally ignore my advice, then it's your loss because you'll be a lot worse off.

Im actually laughing, so thank you so much

You see, you are doubting me, and that is funny, because yes, this is a huge problem, absolutely horrible, but there is no chance in hell its gonna beat me, i will never end up without a home, i will achieve my dreams of becoming a youth worker and helping people, and i will marry the most beautiful girl i have ever met in my life, the only girl who makes me feel complete, i will succeed, i will sort this, i was just asking for some advise in doing so, failure is not an option!!!
Reply 65
Original post by kristinaalovesu
http://www.ukpaydayreviews.com/

Go into that website and there you will see all the UK Lenders/Instant cash lenders. You can apply to as many of them if you can. Good luck.

You are a lovely person, thank you. :smile:
Original post by Spr7377
Im actually laughing, so thank you so much

You see, you are doubting me, and that is funny, because yes, this is a huge problem, absolutely horrible, but there is no chance in hell its gonna beat me, i will never end up without a home, i will achieve my dreams of becoming a youth worker and helping people, and i will marry the most beautiful girl i have ever met in my life, the only girl who makes me feel complete, i will succeed, i will sort this, i was just asking for some advise in doing so, failure is not an option!!!

Good way to handle trolls.
:smile:
Reply 67
Original post by undermyskin
So long as you can type pretty quickly this might help:
http://www.takenotetyping.com/jobs2007.asp. You get paid for every piece of audio typing you do and it is all home based.

Be careful with unsecured loans or pay day loans from the likes of wonga as they have unbelievably high interest rates that incur from the day you borrow, which is fine if you know you will have the money within a week.

Thanks for the link, i am quite a fast typist to be honest, and anything where i can earn my money is much better for me as i will atleast feel worthwhile. Thats why i am looking into medical trials, because then atleast i have earnt the money.

And thanks for the advise aswell :smile:
Reply 68
Have you talked to your bank? Quite a few banks offer good overdrafts to students.
Reply 69
Original post by Minus
Have you talked to your bank? Quite a few banks offer good overdrafts to students.

Already used my overdraft to be honest, but that was not on living the high life, just paying bills and eating, had too because my maintenance grant never arrived.
Original post by The-Real-One

:yep:

:yep:
(edited 13 years ago)

No sweetie, internet friends don't count.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Most universities have emergency contingency funds you can apply to. Pop into your SU asap to ask about the details (I don't know if the Welsh system is the same as the English one).

There's a bit of info on SMSU website: http://www.metsu.org/content/105125/welfare/support__advice/financial_advice/
Original post by Spr7377
I know, and i have a sodding brilliant Lawyer, but i like my landlord, he is a great man, and i never intended to mess him around, but £2000 i was expecting never arrived, so now i have to look at other options.

How can you afford a brilliant lawyer?
Original post by Spr7377
Thanks for the link, i am quite a fast typist to be honest, and anything where i can earn my money is much better for me as i will atleast feel worthwhile. Thats why i am looking into medical trials, because then atleast i have earnt the money.

And thanks for the advise aswell :smile:

No probs, I know what it can be like when you are struggling with the worry of being homeless. When I spoke to them last year they were paying about £15-20 per audio.
Reply 75
Original post by andy5788
Most universities have emergency contingency funds you can apply to. Pop into your SU asap to ask about the details (I don't know if the Welsh system is the same as the English one).

There's a bit of info on SMSU website: http://www.metsu.org/content/105125/welfare/support__advice/financial_advice/

You are a lovely man, i will head to the union tomorrow and pray they can sort me out, because if so i would be so happy, cheers for that mate.
Original post by ibysaiyan
Good way to handle trolls.
:smile:

neg rep for you :mad:
Reply 77
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
How can you afford a brilliant lawyer?

My auntie left Cambridge with a First in Law and is now a lawyer, it was mostly a joke, i wouldnt ever defend myself against my landlord, its all my wrong doing,
Reply 78
Original post by undermyskin
No probs, I know what it can be like when you are struggling with the worry of being homeless. When I spoke to them last year they were paying about £15-20 per audio.

Yeah, i have just applied, gotta hope that it goes through, cant hurt anyway.
Options =

1. Student hardship fund. Explain to your personal tutor that you will be homeless if you can't pay. They set up this fund precisely so they can avoid their students dropping out over money worries. Dont be shy!
2. Overdraft (Natwest allows a £1000 overdraft that you can pay back whenever as long as its before graduating I think)
3. Sell DVDs, unwanted gadgets, jewellery, send old phones to companies like Envirophone/Mazuma and get paid like £40, clothes you don't like, books, uni textbooks to first years etc etc if possible.
4. Pester student Finance
5. Worst comes to worst, stay with a friend in the area until you are in a better place?

I feel for you sweetheart. This is a horrible situation to be in for anyone least of all an honest person like you! I'll be up all night doing assignments tonight on the net so Ill try look up some extra ideas while Im at it. Get some rest yeah? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending