The Student Room Group

india or china ????????????????????????????

i have a chance to do my second year uni in china or india but im not sure which one, any advice? some chinese students told me shanghai is much better than mumbai and some indian sutdent said mumbai is very good city , i cant decide which one to go !! anyone have been to india or china please give some advice thanks

Scroll to see replies

Advice? Use fewer question marks.
Reply 2
India FTW!!!
What subject do you do
which uni's are they in china and india?
Reply 5
China! It has the great wall!
Original post by boxsterboxster
i have a chance to do my second year uni in china or india but im not sure which one, any advice? some chinese students told me shanghai is much better than mumbai and some indian sutdent said mumbai is very good city , i cant decide which one to go !! anyone have been to india or china please give some advice thanks

Which University in Shangai ? If it's Tsinghua go for it, it's a world class university, as a city shanghai is great, and the standard of living are much higher.
I would recommend china (but I'm biased :tongue:) because the foooood is amazing :biggrin:
other than that, I cannot give you any advice as you haven't said what course you're doing and what the purpose of this second year out is...
Original post by prospectivEEconomist
which uni's are they in china and india?

shanghai nankai university
IIT mumbai
which city is better ? which city is clean and have better infrasturcture? i have heard india does not have clean water and poor hygine, i dont no anybody have been before?
Original post by CountDuckula
I would recommend china (but I'm biased :tongue:) because the foooood is amazing :biggrin:
other than that, I cannot give you any advice as you haven't said what course you're doing and what the purpose of this second year out is...

it's international business management
IIT mumbai
which city is better ? which city is clean and have better infrasturcture? i have heard india does not have clean water and poor hygine, i dont no anybody have been before?

Thats some random ****ty chinese university, so I would go to IIT Bombay which is the best engineering university in India. Which university do you go to?
Reply 11
I would say go for for China. :daydreaming:
IIT mumbai

I'm not familiar with either universities but Shanghai is very cosmopolitan (think skyscrapers, lots of skyscrapers) but also has some lovely ancient culture mixed in too. The standard of living in generally high but cheap if you know where to go :smile:
IIT mumbai

Most part of Shanghai has standard of living up to western standard. You'll find poor place far from the city center.
Thats some random ****ty chinese university, so I would go to IIT Bombay which is the best engineering university in India. Which university do you go to?

IIT i think it's a good uni but im worry about the standard of living because i dont want to have poor hygine around me , is mumbai clean? because shanghai looks quiet clean
Reply 15
IIT mumbai

:rolleyes:

The hygiene etc. is probably the same and your quality of life will depend on how much you splash out (£££)/ where you're located. The rich, in Asia (both China and India), live very well. But you should try and get more info, I guess, e.g. where you'll be living exactly. Also, I think the Indian university is better known.

EDIT: I am so envious of you.
(edited 13 years ago)
IIT i think it's a good uni but im worry about the standard of living because i dont want to have poor hygine around me , is mumbai clean? because shanghai looks quiet clean

Mate if billionaires in Mumbai can survive, then I'm sure you can too. Are you trolling?
Mate if billionaires in Mumbai can survive, then I'm sure you can too. Are you trolling?

ok thanks anyway im pretty sure billionaire would not live in same area as me , i need to get some information from people have been bofore because i need to make decision carefully
China, obviously.
Original post by LysFromParis
Which University in Shangai ? If it's Tsinghua go for it, it's a world class university, as a city shanghai is great, and the standard of living are much higher.

That's in Beijing...

Hey, OP, I've been to both. I loved Shanghai, disliked Mumbai. I also have a Japanese friend who went one year to Mumbai, he really disliked it too.
But at the end of the day, it depends on what you want. Shanghai is like a business city, it's modern, fun, etc. I loved it there because it's exactly the kind of city I like - mind you, it's the most "modern city" in Mainland China - by that I mean it's very very international. (Not counting HK, and not considering Taiwan as part of China.) So I don't consider it to be the "average Chinese experience." It's a lot less traditional than Beijing for example.

Mumbai... Mh, I think it's also a great city, but it broke my heart. The amount of poverty, the danger everywhere, the crazy things they do there... Maybe I was too young (16), but it was a hard place to get used to. I think one can come to love India, most of the others loved it, there's an enormous amount of color, of life, the Indians are genuinely friendly too (btw, Shanghai people are city people, and they're also business people, they're considered to be some of the most unfriendly people in China) but the contrast between rich and poor is appalling. Another thing that's good though about India - no government coming into your life all the time, no need for a VPN, you don't have people telling you where to go or what to do.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Oh and quick note about food. Both are delicious, but Indian food in Mumbai is extremely spicy in my opinion. The guys on the trip used to joke about the "ring of fire" (i'll let you guess what that is.) In Shanghai, the food is delicious, sweet and steamed. Food is important when you're living there!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending