The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by lozz2601
there were points where I feared for my life....

I was absolutely petrified that somebody was going to jump on my tent and that I was going to die a slow and painful death.

So I got up and just got really drunk instead. Win-win!
Original post by Beska
Depends how insane the Sunday night is. It was pretty tame last year... but if it's mad this year, it might make up for it. :p:

Well... it could be even tamer (is that even a word haha) this year if it doesn't sell out (I'm sure it will at some point)

Original post by lozz2601
there were points where I feared for my life....

I think thats a pretty fair comment... we usually camp on the outer edge of purple near orange and its fair to say we could hear various explosions and mini mushroom clouds from the other sides of the campsite!
Original post by Beska
Yup.

It was like bloomin' Iraq that night, I tell ya!

Haha I missed it due to being scammed out of my ticket (ebay seller had sold tickets for 5 years, 100% feedback decided I was the one to scam) but my boyfriend's tent was literally right by it so I've got the details so many times. He said he would have taken me home as he lives in Reading anyway.
Reply 403
Original post by ChrisBan
Tickets are stillll selling... this is mad!

where from exactly? I have a friend who has only just decided he wants to go lol
Original post by .Theory
where from exactly? I have a friend who has only just decided he wants to go lol

For Reading: http://www.seetickets.com/Event/READING-FESTIVAL-2011-WEEKEND-TICKETS/Richfield-Avenue/542610
Reply 405
Did anyone see the famous Barrel Boy last year?
Reply 406
Do R&L tickets have ID on them or are they re-sellable?
Original post by Swell
Did anyone see the famous Barrel Boy last year?

If you're talking about at Leeds on Orange hill, then yes I was there. What a highlight!
Reply 408
Original post by Kempton
Do R&L tickets have ID on them or are they re-sellable?

They're named, but it's permitted to resell. Most people use viagogo or sell through friends.
Reply 409
Do Day Tickets usually last a long time? I mean, does it take a long time for them to sell out?
Reply 410
Original post by Jono300
Do Day Tickets usually last a long time? I mean, does it take a long time for them to sell out?

I'd expect the Muse day to sell out first...but there really is no telling this year as to how long any will sell out
Reply 411
Original post by Jono300

They usually last significantly longer than the weekend tickets. But this year the weekend tickets are taking the piss to sell, so I bet the day tickets will be on sale for quite a while...
LOLOLOLOL weekend tickets are still available!

Anyway, I've decided that I no longer care about the line up. I'm actually pretty hyped- despite there being not many bands that I'm crazy about- and I know that having my friends there will make it brilliant. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 413
So the Leeds website has finally switched from the 'in demand' version to the normal version. But Festival Republic, what if the site goes down due to all the mad demand for tickets?!

Oh, wait.
I was really looking forward to this when I was searching for rumoured line ups. The actual line up is pretty meh though.
Just under 112 days to go. Wonder how quickly the wait will go this year... Never expected tickets to still be on sale now - Festival Republic really need to pull something out the bag for next year's shindig.
Reply 416
Original post by RollerBall
I was really looking forward to this when I was searching for rumoured line ups. The actual line up is pretty meh though.

You know you want to! :colone:
Original post by Beska
You know you want to! :colone:

I'm pretty set now I'm going to go to download instead.
Reply 418
Original post by RollerBall
I'm pretty set now I'm going to go to download instead.

:puppyeyes:

IMO Festival Republic need to suit the **** up and improve significantly next year. Been a downward spiral since '08. Tickets still on sale at this time is a complete embarrassment.
Original post by Beska
:puppyeyes:

IMO Festival Republic need to suit the **** up and improve significantly next year. Been a downward spiral since '08. Tickets still on sale at this time is a complete embarrassment.

Yup. There's a grand total of about three bands I'd like to see at reading. It's like one guy went "SWEET I GOT MUSE" then everyone else in the office sat back, and thought that and readings reputation would carry the entire festival. Really disappointing.

Quick Reply

Latest