The Student Room Group

Would you sleep with a flatmate for money you desperately needed?

Scroll to see replies

If he was reasonably attractive... and I was single... and really really needed the money. Not my current flatmates though, they're all either female or gay guys!
Reply 21
For me, it's all about its score on the regret-meter, memories of having done that are going to be with me for 60+ years.
I think there's a massive psychological difference between penetrating and being penetrated.... and as a male, I don't think I would have too much of an issue doing some vag', if the situation I was in truly placed it as the only option to avoid massive material negatives. If I was going to get bummed though, I don't think I'd ever be confident of not regretting allowing someone to do that.
Reply 22
Yeah the problems would start to begin afterwards, awkwardness etc. but rather than homelessness?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ventura7

so are you saying you would rather be homeless? I am just curious

No, because I know for sure I have lots of way to get the money.
Only if I was extremely supremely desperate... I slept with one of my flatmates this year and it now makes me feel sick to the stomach that I ever let that creep anywhere near me. Cue awkwardness.
If I was homeless / about to be homeless or starving etc., then yeah...
Reply 26
Original post by kristinaalovesu
No, because I know for sure I have lots of way to get the money.

Yeah but suppose what if this was the only option is my question?
if i was desperate i probably would to be honest and if it's someone i know, like a frriend, then even more so - only if i was really desperate though... i don't think there's anything that wrong with it
Reply 28
Original post by thegodofgod
If I was homeless / about to be homeless or starving etc., then yeah...

yeah as a last resort you mean?

Yeah but suppose what if this was the only option is my question?

Hmmmmmm. Depends on who it was though. It's pretty hard to say what to do because I'm not in the situation right now.
I read an article about an increasing trend for rental agreements to contain a clause for sexual benefits with the landlord. Apparently it's more common than you'd think.
You'd probably only have to look through some of the Gumtree adverts to see there's something dodgy being offered.

When it comes to money, especially in a place like London, some people are desperate just to have a place to live and will accept a low-rent or no rent if it comes with the need to have sex a certain number of times a week with your landlord.
yeah as a last resort you mean?

yeah
My flatmate are quite attractive (especially one of them :coma: ) so take a guess. I don't think I'd complain too much if I didn't get paid for it.
No. I will never allow anything to undermine my sexual morals/decency.
Only if she has a vagina. I have standards.
Reply 36
I think anyone with a brain would. If you don't you obviously don't need the money that much, it's not like they're asking you to kill someone.
If it was a girl, every straight guy would say yes.

I would.
Yes.

Everyone owns their own body and as long as the choice is theirs they should be allowed to do as they please with it for money.

Legalize prostitution :yes:
Reply 39
No I wouldn't do that.
My last resort would be to pack up and head back to my parents. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending