The Student Room Group

Is East London really THAT dangerous?

I've heard that East London is a really dangerous place to live, so is it really that bad?

Scroll to see replies

No.
Not at all, a lot of diversity, but not dangerous. Pretty much the same as all other places in terms of trouble. Of course a lot of it is dirtier/less developed, but it's by no means a bad place to live. Lived there my whole life and have very very few complaints.
Yes.
Reply 4
Compared too where?

It is compared to most places, so probaby yes.
Reply 5
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Yes.

Why do you think that? :eyebrow:
Reply 6
No, not really.
Reply 7
I asked my friend and she said Ilford is one of the worse parts, and Hainault and Barkingside are better.
Reply 8
posh ppl live in some areas in east london, so its not dangerous.
Reply 9
I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.
Original post by ajp100688
I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.

:rofl:
It's basically a combo of:

and

Reply 11
East London is a massive place.
Reply 12
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
It's basically a combo of:

I love that Pulp song :biggrin: It'll remind me of Mile End and it's crapiness long after I've graduated and left.

Also OP Hainault is nowhere near the East End, it's nearly bordering on the suburbs. Learn2Geography or failing that Wikipedia.
Reply 13
Nah, it's just one of those places in London where having nice things isn't recommended as they tend to end up being acquired by a fellow citizen through shady circumstances.
Original post by ajp100688

It's not that bad, it depends on which area.
Reply 16
Depends what area you are in really...Redbridge (Ilford, Barkingside, Hainault and etc.) is certainly not a bad area at all, they just try to act bad like other areas such as Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Lewisham, Enfield, Haringey and etc.
I grew up there, never had any problems, it's fine. A little rough maybe, but I certainly wouldn't factor it into university decisions or anything like that. (I'm assuming that's what this thread is for, considering the board it's on, sorry if that's totally wrong.)
Reply 18
i don't think it is that bad :O
Reply 19
No, if you have the tiniest bit of common sense that is. It depends on who you are though, I was raised here so everything that goes on here is the norm for me, it might be different for others though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending