The Student Room Group

Need money fast, or homeless.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Persephone.
Options =

1. Student hardship fund. Explain to your personal tutor that you will be homeless if you can't pay. They set up this fund precisely so they can avoid their students dropping out over money worries. Dont be shy!
2. Overdraft (Natwest allows a £1000 overdraft that you can pay back whenever as long as its before graduating I think)
3. Sell DVDs, unwanted gadgets, jewellery, send old phones to companies like Envirophone/Mazuma and get paid like £40, clothes you don't like, books, uni textbooks to first years etc etc if possible.
4. Pester student Finance
5. Worst comes to worst, stay with a friend in the area until you are in a better place?

I feel for you sweetheart. This is a horrible situation to be in for anyone least of all an honest person like you! I'll be up all night doing assignments tonight on the net so Ill try look up some extra ideas while Im at it. Get some rest yeah? :smile:

You are a lovely person and thank you for your opinion, and to be honest i will be up all night doing assignments aswell so im gonna have to stop stressing in a minute and just get to work for a bit, 1500 words left, fun stuff.
As an extra tip maybe you can go around collecting old and unwanted phones from your family and friends to send to Mazuma and stuff? If you can get your hands on 10 decent 2-5 year old phones that should be around £200.
Original post by Spr7377
You are a lovely person and thank you for your opinion, and to be honest i will be up all night doing assignments aswell so im gonna have to stop stressing in a minute and just get to work for a bit, 1500 words left, fun stuff.

No problem at all! Id be honoured to help any students that have been shafted by SF. Been there done that myself haha. Good luck with the essay :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Persephone.
No problem at all! Id be honoured to help any students that have been shafted by SF. Been there done that myself haha. Good luck with the essay :smile:

The phone idea is very cool, and thanks for everything. You are officially amazing. :smile:
Student Finance are such a mess. If you KNOW you are entitled, keep hassling them and keep sending things. I know ringing up is expensive but that was the only way they would tell me why I hadn't got my money. They claimed they never got things twice from me, my mum had to keep getting things re-sent from HMRC and sending them on but eventually they gave me my grant in December. My mum even sent the documents recorded delivery and they claimed they never got anything. Don't give up just because they are ignoring you otherwise basically they have conned you out of £2k.
Reply 85
Original post by lolololol
Student Finance are such a mess. If you KNOW you are entitled, keep hassling them and keep sending things. I know ringing up is expensive but that was the only way they would tell me why I hadn't got my money. They claimed they never got things twice from me, my mum had to keep getting things re-sent from HMRC and sending them on but eventually they gave me my grant in December. My mum even sent the documents recorded delivery and they claimed they never got anything. Don't give up just because they are ignoring you otherwise basically they have conned you out of £2k.

Cheers for the advice, just emailed them again, they gotta do summat, useless they are, its pathetic, i was told i was entitled to this money, so i should get it, i had it my first year, so i planned for it again, if i knew i wasnt gonna get it i atleast could have had a plan in place for my rent. I dunno, im getting so tired of the stress of this.
Reply 86
Stupid worries are stopping me from writing this essay. Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sat on my comfy bed writing an essay, gutted, my room is awesome, i gotta get this sorted.
Original post by Spr7377
Right then people, heres the scenario

Im skint, absolutely broke, im 19, i have nothing i can sell, and unless i get money in the next few weeks i am totally dead.

I have no money, i have to pay my landlord £1200 within the next two weeks, and then £600 in the summer, but im only gonna get £800 at the end of April.

So im £1000 short. And i gotta pay really soon.

So im looking into getting a loan, but.......im not sure who would loan to me, anyone got any ideas what the best companies are, i literally need this money till September, any help would be really useful.

Thanks.

one word

JOB

/thread
Reply 88
Original post by big-boss-91
one word

JOB

/thread

OH MY GOD

I cant believe i never thought of that.

Genius

You have just solved all my problems

So job that will get me £1200 in two weeks.

Right

Footballer
Singer
Dodgy bank worker. etc

Oh wait, im being sarcastic, damn, problem still exists.

Listen, i apply for every job available, i am trying to do medical trials, and i am trying everyway i can pay this money, so your little 'job' comment really doesnt help me at all, and yes, i did exactly what you wanted by snapping and letting a little leach like yourself get the pleasure in annoying me but i honestly couldnt care less. Now do me a favour and crawl back into your hole.
Good luck OP.

If you have to, there's like the money shop, although the interest is hideous.
Reply 90
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Good luck OP.

If you have to, there's like the money shop, although the interest is hideous.

Cheers, things like that are my last option, but then again, atleast they are an option, just gonna see what happens with the enquiries i have made. Gonna go speak with my student union tomorrow, hopefully they can help.
Good luck. Hope you get it sorted. Wish I could help you.
Reply 92
Original post by firestar101
Good luck. Hope you get it sorted. Wish I could help you.

Thanks mate, the support people have gave me has made me smile in a bad situation.
there's always money in the banana stand
Reply 94
Original post by Barden
there's always money in the banana stand

Basically i am fed up with replying in an intelligent way to responses from people trying to be funny, and crushing my spirits in the process. So i hope you are happy. And i really hope that in your times of need people are just as lovely to you, i have had so many lovely responses from genuine people that deserve great things in life, so i really hope that Karma exists. Especially for you.
If you're really desperate you can do medical trials. My mate got a grand for lying in bed for a week.
Reply 96
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
If you're really desperate you can do medical trials. My mate got a grand for lying in bed for a week.

Yeah, im attempting that at the moment, so if i get a loan, i can atleast use the dosh from the trials to pay the loan back.
Glaxo smith kline have been advertising one on spotify if that's any help.
I'll lend you as much as you want... as long as you pay 1000% interest.
Reply 99
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Glaxo smith kline have been advertising one on spotify if that's any help.

Cheers mate. Will look into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending