The Student Room Group

Afraid of showing interest in a girl in case other guys get jealous

is it strange that i feel this way? because guys seem to outnumber girls by 2:1 or more in life (or so it would seem this way for people aged 18 - 22), every girl has a number of guy friends and possibly several who are after her. so if i show feelings for a girl (one who hasnt got a boyfriend of course), i am worried of other guys being jealous and possibly hating me/starting a fight with me.

certainly when i have showed interest in a girl around my friends, they act all weird and then bitch about me to the girl (i have overheard them do this on occasions and sometimes the girl has asked 'so and so from your friends said this, is it true?'.

even in clubs, when i am merely walking to the toilet/too the bar minding my own business, guys sometimes push past me and i had one who even tried to start a fight with me when i did nothing!

is it weird to fear this?
wow you'll succeed in the gene pool
Reply 2
Original post by Mr. Orange

apart from this troll, any other replies?
i doubt you'll succeed in the gene pool
Reply 10
<3
Reply 11
who cares if the other guys get jealous?
if you get the girl then they can be jealous all they like but it's you who has caught her eye.

Spoiler

:ninja:
Reply 12
Original post by xStaceyy
who cares if the other guys get jealous?
if you get the girl then they can be jealous all they like but it's you who has caught her eye.

Spoiler

:ninja:

thanks for the only serious answer so far! i cant help that i dont want to make a guy jealous. how can i get over the fear?
Reply 13
Ironically, most of the posters in this thread won't succeed in the gene pool. Probably for the best.

OP, if you're not a troll, you're very naive.
Reply 14
Original post by Rant
Ironically, most of the posters in this thread won't succeed in the gene pool. Probably for the best.

OP, if you're not a troll, you're very naive.

i'm not a troll, promise. how am i naive?:s-smilie: are you sure you used the right word?
lol at this thread TSR is such a helpful place at times
Original post by robotwars
i'm not a troll, promise. how am i naive?:s-smilie: are you sure you used the right word?

Oh man, you have been throughly TSR'd.

But srsly, you need to man up, you aren't going to get laid if you're afraid of other guys getting jealous :facepalm:
Reply 18
They're talking about you behind your back because you're a tool :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending