The Student Room Group

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i have alsways been sooo skinnny not pretty skinny or what your thinking but skinny as in "whats wrong with her?" skinny or "eating disorder!" skinnny

hence for obvious reasons i have always wanted to put on a bit of weight just so that i don't look like a toothpick but bout 3 months ago i fractured my humerus hence i have been sitting around at home for 3 months doing nothing and i put on weight just a few pounds now and there]

but as odd it may seem i actually look ok "medium" not too skinny not to big

but my problem now is that since my arm has been recovering i'm losing it all over again :frown:

no1s perfect be proud of your bodys girls !!!!!!!!!
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
But you're beautiful :smile:

Heh, thabks. :smile:

I don't mind my face as such, but I hate my body. Really, it's bad. Gonna diet again as soon as my coursework is done (next week lol).
Original post by KirstyK
I'm at peace with my body.

Do I love mirrors and shopping and trying on clothing in bad light? No.

But I am who I am, and so long as I am healthy, in reasonably good physical condition than I have something to smile about. :smile:

Am I a bit too curvy, sure. But I look well proportioned in clothing and have a reasonably solid hour glass figure. Will I always want to lose 10lbs-1stone, sure, but if I don't I am still happy with my body.

:ditto:.
Original post by Anonymous
Ouch. Why? What do you hate about it? I'm sure it is not as bad as you think!

That must be awful. I'm really scared of developing an eating disorder at this stage in my academic life myself tbh. I have started getting random destructive thoughts and I fear I'll sabotage myself out of university. I hope you continue to get better though. You're quite foxy as it is. No homo. :cute:

Thank God I'm not alone in this. It is reassuring to see in people's answers that I'm not a freak but kind of demoralising at the same time to see so many young girls (and probably guys) hate themselves.

LOL :biggrin: you made my day. :biggrin:

And yes please dont, I know if i really wanted to I could drop a stone in 2 weeks but its not healthy, its self destructive and completely absurd.

I URGE any of you ladies on this thread, not to let it take over too much...its REALLY NOT worth it.
I would give myself 9/10. Not because I'm a stunner, but I think I do ok for myself and I know there are people who are much worse off. The people who matter to me don't seem to be physically repulsed by any aspect of my face or body, and I'm pretty healthy, or at least healthy enough to do everything that I want to in life. I have occasional wobbles, but they tend to be the result of hideous photos or unflattering outfits as opposed to any deep-rooted insecurities.
WAR. I hate my body, but I only have myself to blame. I've gotten a lot chubbier this year, but strangely not gained weight, its all just gone jelly-fied on me! I'm gonna have to start working out, but slowly, because I've not done exercise in so long.

About the jeans... I know I'm getting fat when I stop wearing jeans and start wearing skirts. Skirts are a little more forgiving, and I refuse to buy jeans in the size up!
That girl wearing the red gown in your avatar has the body I want. But I would have to go on a diet of Coke Zero and meth to get it because it is simply unachievable thanks to my bone structure. Why are you not happy with a size 4 if I may ask? I would love to be that slim.

Same. I avoid stores like TopShop because their sizing is offensive. I need bigger jeans but my ego won't allow it. rolleyes:

I know the feeling! My weight has crept slowly up from a 10 to a 12 and now even my size 12 jeans are tight! I absolutely refuse to buy size 14 though, I won't even try a pair on.

Ouch. Why? What do you hate about it? I'm sure it is not as bad as you think!

Well my boobs are too big. I remember being a 34b / 34 c but now I'm a 38dd. Then as I had my daughter 6 months ago, I gained a lot of weight (most of it was her). Because she was so big my skin got stretched too much and haven't been able to tone it back up. I no longer fit into any of my clothes because I have a lot of lose skin. Before I was pregnant, I was size 14. Now size 18-20. The only bit I am really comfortable is my legs (lower) because I think they are a wonderful shape. I guess I feel so insecure because I look back to how I was when I was 17/18 and wish I could be like that now.
Reply 28
there are things I'd change given the chance but nothing I really despise
I'm tall,about 5'8" and weigh 8 and a half stone and I always feel I look too skinny :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by linkdapink
WAR. I hate my body, but I only have myself to blame. I've gotten a lot chubbier this year, but strangely not gained weight, its all just gone jelly-fied on me! I'm gonna have to start working out, but slowly, because I've not done exercise in so long.

About the jeans... I know I'm getting fat when I stop wearing jeans and start wearing skirts. Skirts are a little more forgiving, and I refuse to buy jeans in the size up!

I'm going to start working out as of this week. Strong is the new skinny. :crossedf:

Original post by thru sun and rain
Well my boobs are too big. I remember being a 34b / 34 c but now I'm a 38dd. Then as I had my daughter 6 months ago, I gained a lot of weight (most of it was her). Because she was so big my skin got stretched too much and haven't been able to tone it back up. I no longer fit into any of my clothes because I have a lot of lose skin. Before I was pregnant, I was size 14. Now size 18-20. The only bit I am really comfortable is my legs (lower) because I think they are a wonderful shape. I guess I feel so insecure because I look back to how I was when I was 17/18 and wish I could be like that now.

Count yourself lucky? You have a reason. Most of us are feeling chubby because we are carrying Nando's Peri Peri crisps (:coma:) in our stomachs and not because we have given life and sustained a beautiful little child. Breastfeeding makes you lose 400 calories a day too. :smile:
Reply 30
OP, your stats sound amazing :O

5'9", 38-24-38?? Sounds like an awesome hourglass figure to me - you have a tiny waist. I would love to have those measurement lol. Are you sure you're as fat as you think you are? I can't see how anybody with a 24" waist can be fat...
I'm at peace with my body, it's far from perfect but I don't hate anything about it. Currently I'm trying to lose body fat simply because I'd feel better about myself but I certainly don't loathe my body.

I don't get why people aspire to be these tiny sizes anyway, I'd rather have a body like this

Slim but with some chunky thighs, not those little chicken legs Cheryl Cole thighs.
(edited 13 years ago)
I wasn't so much at war with it until I read this thread. And now, I feel insanely fat seeing how many of you *seemingly* thinner people posted on here. -_- Stupid tummy of mine. [which i fully intend to exercise off now the weather's nice; Easter break's closer.]

But whatever, no one's run away when looking at me, so I can't be that repulsive.
Reply 33
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I'm at peace with my body, it's far from perfect but I don't hate anything about it. Currently I'm trying to lose body fat simply because I'd feel better about myself but I certainly don't loathe my body.

I don't get why people aspire to be these tiny sizes anyway, I'd rather have a body like this

Slim but with some chunky thighs, not those little chicken legs Cheryl Cole thighs.

:sogood: Seconded :five:
I don't mind my weight, but sometimes I think my hips are a bit too wide. I wouldn't mind being taller either.
War :frown:
I used to just want to tone up, but I've put on a stone since starting uni and am trying desperately to eat less. Going to be tough :/
Reply 35
Original post by ily_em
OP, your stats sound amazing :O

5'9", 38-24-38?? Sounds like an awesome hourglass figure to me - you have a tiny waist. I would love to have those measurement lol. Are you sure you're as fat as you think you are? I can't see how anybody with a 24" waist can be fat...

I am the little dumpling in a family of very tall and very lean people. It is not all it is cracked up to be. Plus I don't know how to dress for it without feeling too self-conscious so it just ends up very casual or frumpy. I don't think I'm fat. Just big-boned in the wrong places. :colondollar:
Reply 36
Alright ladies I am off to the shops now. Thanks a lot for the replies, support and reassurances.

I don't feel like Manny the Mammoth from Ice Age anymore. :indiff:
Reply 37
I am the little dumpling in a family of very tall and very lean people. It is not all it is cracked up to be. Plus I don't know how to dress for it without feeling too self-conscious so it just ends up very casual or frumpy. I don't think I'm fat. Just big-boned in the wrong places. :colondollar:

lol 5'9" is tall, I think about 5'6" is average for women? And nooo you sound big boned in the right places lol. You need to learn how to dress for your figure so you can appreciate it for once. Stuff that's tight at the waist and looser at the hips maybe? Think 50s style!
6-8/10 depending on mood. Looking at other people on this thread I realise how much happier I am with myself nowadays.

HOWEVER I am reminded that I need to go to gym. I stopped with all the deadlines I had. I guess I might do that/go for a swim today.
I'm at war. I have been for a long time. It's mainly my boobs and sometimes I really do cry because it's getting ridiculous. I got measured 2 months ago, and I'm a 30HH. but it doesnt fit anymore so I'm having to go back to bravissimmo today to get refitted . I feel like giving up, I can't wear nice clothes at all to fit over my boobs. If there's an occasion coming up, it isn't easy like it is for everyone else to just go and pick what's pretty. I have to pick what fits whether it's nice or not. And half the time I have to get tops which don't fit around my waist so it fits and hangs off my boobs which makes me look fat/pregnant because you can't see my body. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending