The Student Room Group

What subjects are needed for an ICT Degree?

I am going to be doing my IGCSE's this summer and my subjects are:

Art
Business Studies
Accounting
Economics
Environmental Management
ICT

and the usual Maths and English

I want to choose Art/Applied ICT/Media Studies (WJEC i think)/Business Studies (CIE) for Year 12 (AS level)

i would like to get an ICT/IT Degree
are these preffered subjects or do i need to change my options for AS Level?
Original post by ikur
I am going to be doing my IGCSE's this summer and my subjects are:

Art
Business Studies
Accounting
Economics
Environmental Management
ICT

and the usual Maths and English

I want to choose Art/Applied ICT/Media Studies (WJEC i think)/Business Studies (CIE) for Year 12 (AS level)

i would like to get an ICT/IT Degree
are these preffered subjects or do i need to change my options for AS Level?

Have you thought about what kind of IT degree you want to do yet? For someone like yourself with a passion for art and IT, I'd be tempted to get in to designing games or user interfaces... However, that might not be up your street, I don't know.

If I were you, I'd look at a few Uni websites, see what kind of IT degree appeals to you, then base your decision on that. :smile:
Reply 2
Do you know the differences between IT and Computer Science?

Just checkin.
Reply 3
i guess i will have to go do some research on Uni's
<__<
i was thinking of graphics designing (might do a little side thing with Art, who knows)

and people tell me that CS is more theory based and apparently you have to make a software or something? basically its more in-depth right?
Reply 4
Original post by ikur
i guess i will have to go do some research on Uni's
&lt;__&lt;
i was thinking of graphics designing (might do a little side thing with Art, who knows)

and people tell me that CS is more theory based and apparently you have to make a software or something? basically its more in-depth right?

Essentially yes but there are maybe three dozen different BSC and BENG courses for computer based subjects, just have a browse on the UCAS course search =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending