mine still leaks memory and never remembers my bookmarks like a bitch
Original post by Dez
Just upgraded to Firefox 4. Very sexy. :cool:

Original post by alexsheppard11

Chrome!!
Original post by alexsheppard11

I saw a brilliant diagram in PC pro showing it to have the best memory usage compared with IE9 and chrome 11 when 5 tabs are open, and then FF using about the same amount of mem when 4 tabs have been closed, whilst the others are cut to just over a 5th.

As much as I love firefox, reducing all your memory usage elsewhere instead of fixing a world renowned bug was never going to be a winning strategy.
Reply 8824
Original post by secretmessages
Chrome!!

I use Firefox if I want to use downThemAll! on a slow connection. Else I stick with the Canary Build. :biggrin:
Guys. I might have to send my laptop for repair/replacement/whatever (:dry:), and before I do, my documents need to be securely deleted but preferably without removing the operating system. What's the best way to go about this?
Guys. I might have to send my laptop for repair/replacement/whatever (:dry:), and before I do, my documents need to be securely deleted but preferably without removing the operating system. What's the best way to go about this?

Download Eraser, and run the Gutmann algorithm on all the files you want purged.
Original post by Chrosson
IE9 released. Is a massive step from ie7/8.
Admittedly playing catchup with chrome but hot damn, it plays catchup well. I might even open it occasionally now.

Chrome is arse. So much for running every tab in a separate process (each one helping itself to far more RAM than I feel its entitled to, I might add) if Flash causes the whole thing to crash and burn :colonhash: I genuinely don't see the hype and, really, do you trust Google these days?

Sheep.
Original post by ch0llima
Chrome is arse. So much for running every tab in a separate process (each one helping itself to far more RAM than I feel its entitled to, I might add) if Flash causes the whole thing to crash and burn :colonhash: I genuinely don't see the hype and, really, do you trust Google these days?

Sheep.

Mate, the only browser I know of that doesn't consume memory like an amnesia sufferer is lynx. Have't tried safari recently but...considering it comes from the same company who make itunes, I don't hold much hope.
I only mentioned chrome because a lot of people seem to obsess over it. I personally like opera best. And I've never quite understood google privacy concerns - what is there to trust? What on earth would interest them? If they want to target ads or look at my calendar, fine but I have decent selective blindness and I doubt they want to stalk me. It doesn't worry me.

Baa :sheep:
Mate, the only browser I know of that doesn't consume memory like an amnesia sufferer is lynx. Have't tried safari recently but...considering it comes from the same company who make itunes, I don't hold much hope.
I only mentioned chrome because a lot of people seem to obsess over it. I personally like opera best. And I've never quite understood google privacy concerns - what is there to trust? What on earth would interest them? If they want to target ads or look at my calendar, fine but I have decent selective blindness and I doubt they want to stalk me. It doesn't worry me.

Baa :sheep:

"Mate" (I don't like that word), I was merely trying to wind up the Chrome lovers.

Thanks for your insight though.
Download Eraser, and run the Gutmann algorithm on all the files you want purged.

A simple single overwrite pass will be more than sufficient. Any more is just overkill.
Reply 8831
And I've never quite understood google privacy concerns

Ignorant people + media looking for a story + content-based advertising algorithms = GOOGLE ARE READING MY EMAILS.
"Mate" (I don't like that word), I was merely trying to wind up the Chrome lovers.

Thanks for your insight though.

Mate, neither do I usually. Blame it on whimsy.

Also, not sure if serious.

Original post by Planto
Ignorant people + media looking for a story + content-based advertising algorithms = GOOGLE ARE READING MY EMAILS.

If only someone else would read my e-mails. Then I wouldn't have to.

remove the hard drive, if it's a hardware issue and not the hard drive, they don't need it:smile:
Original post by Planto

It's more that wild, baseless conspiracy theories are always good for a laugh. That, and my shares in tinfoil producers skyrocket.

There are people who seriously believe that the 9/11 TV footage of the doomed World Trade Center was faked, in order to cover up what supposedly really happened :facepalm:

Original post by Mad Vlad
A simple single overwrite pass will be more than sufficient. Any more is just overkill.

:yes:

I am massively paranoid, though, so I always go for the most nuclear option I am presented with. The only technology which I guess could recover anything from that would be some kind of magnetic spectrometer or suchlike, but those are mostly theoretical and highly impractical.

Mate, neither do I usually. Blame it on whimsy.

Also, not sure if serious.

Serious? This is TSR - work it out for yourself.
(edited 13 years ago)
:yes:

I am massively paranoid, though, so I always go for the most nuclear option I am presented with. The only technology which I guess could recover anything from that would be some kind of magnetic spectrometer or suchlike, but those are mostly theoretical and highly impractical.

Even Magnetic Force Microscopy cannot recover data that has been overwritten, even only once.

Whats up with it? (We do have the same laptop after all :rolleyes: )
Reply 8837
Ugh, bloody Facebook polls.
Original post by Tathrim
Ugh, bloody Facebook polls.

:ditto:

If the 30 Day challenge wasn't bad enough, now the polls are flooding the homepage newsfeed.
The polls are so ruddy stupid as well, it's all nonsense like:

What's better:
- North
- Midlands
- South

:shifty: