The Student Room Group

Am I the only guy who thinks this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by VeeBelle
This.

My boyfriend is a lot older than me (I'm 20 he's 30) but I don't even think about his age because I love him (and hopefully it's the same the other way around!).

He isn't immature, but he's lots of fun, and I always say to people that we 'meet in the middle' ie I'm pretty mature so we 'meet at 25'.

Who cares how old he is? He's a lovely guy :love:

Agree:smile: a lot of people also tend to think that older people aren't fun! Being fun hasn't got to do with the level of maturity anyway. It's got to do with personality, and the person's sense of humour! Maturity is the way you think. Hope it works out with you and your love! x
No, you're not, unfortunately.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I find it weird thinking that 18 year old girls would date a 28

My first boyfriend was 31 when I met him at the age of 17 lol...we were friends then didn't start developing feelings till I was almost 18 and didn't act on it till I was legal. Inevitably the distance in age amongst some other things separated us. Wanted different things out of life. "Older men" isn't necessarily what's attractive I dunno. I've always gotten a lot with people better that were not in my peer group, boyfriends included. The thing about some older men though is that they've matured a bit. I say a bit because I had an instructor in 8th grade, I want to say in his 50s, that said that men don't actually start growing up until they hit their 50s (they're past the mid-life crisis at that point). So for me the appeal in older men is that I find them somewhat more reliable and mature in comparison to younger men my age, with a few exceptions.
What annoyed me when i was 15-17 was all these 21-29 yr olds taking all the girls my age, purely on the basis they can drive and there mature...
Original post by mistressselene
My first boyfriend was 31 when I met him at the age of 17 lol...we were friends then didn't start developing feelings till I was almost 18 and didn't act on it till I was legal. Inevitably the distance in age amongst some other things separated us. Wanted different things out of life. "Older men" isn't necessarily what's attractive I dunno. I've always gotten a lot with people better that were not in my peer group, boyfriends included. The thing about some older men though is that they've matured a bit. I say a bit because I had an instructor in 8th grade, I want to say in his 50s, that said that men don't actually start growing up until they hit their 50s (they're past the mid-life crisis at that point). So for me the appeal in older men is that I find them somewhat more reliable and mature in comparison to younger men my age, with a few exceptions.

You were legal at 16...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by Vybz Kartel

At least I can qualify what I say.
Original post by Davezk
At least I can qualify what I say.

i was agreeing with you, chill dick :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
These girls are just a bit silly and have their priorities wrong.

I guess they think older guys will be more "mature". Forgive me for being obtuse, but it doesn't take much to go outside and meet plenty of guys in their 30s who are ****ing morons. Age is not a measure of maturity, and the fact that some girls seem to think it is says nothing but how immature those girls are.
Reply 108
Original post by Vybz Kartel
i was agreeing with you, chill dick :rolleyes:

lol I thought you were calling me an ass
At least young guys can look forward to becoming more attractive in the eyes of women in the future. Us young women can look forward to declining considerably in attractiveness and thus in value to a sizable number of men over the coming years...
Original post by DannySpeed
You were legal at 16...

It's 18 in my country sweetie, USA. =P Been a while to respond to this, but I haven't been on here in a long time. XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending