The Student Room Group

Films with no love or sex

I'm heartbroken at the moment and I need to not contact him for a while which isn't going to be easy. So I neeD something to take my mind off him. Films are a good distraction but I need some with NO sex or love themes otherwise it's not going to work.

What are some good, entertaining films like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Human centapede
Alien
Battle Royale
Saw

Stuff along those lines really.

Also, Despicable Me is awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by mikeyd85
Alien
Battle Royale
Saw

+rep for Despicable Me! :biggrin:
Original post by meganeira

It's honestly the best kids film ever.
Going off recent films; Toy Story 3 (1 and 2 as well). Inception. Shutter Island.

Original post by meganeira

Completely agree. Two things I love about that film:

Spoiler

I want minions. :moon:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hot Fuzz if you miss a few minutes at the beginning!
Saw + most horror films
Some children's films maybe?

Tbh I think you might struggle to find a film with no love/sex in it. I just had a quick look at my DVD shelf and most of the films have at least a little bit.
Reply 7
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Inception. Shutter Island.

They are pretty romantically charged in places.

Alien
Battle Royale
Saw

Actually Battle Royale becomes quite focused on that couple and how they can't sacrifice the other in order for one to live etc, kind of romantic with a lot of guns and heads blowing up in between. Good film! :smile:
Its interesting that pretty much every film I think of which I enjoyed has themes of sex or love..
Fight Club? There is love/sex, it's important to the storyline and all that, but I can't imagine even the most heartbroken person being sad over it. Or the Godfather for a similar thought. Ok, yeah, every movie ever is baaaad when you want to avoid love/sex completely. Oh, oh, Star trek movies have to be ok, right?

Try HelloMovie (website with uber listings). Dunno if it'd help, but still.

Also: *hug*
Original post by Evangelica
Actually Battle Royale becomes quite focused on that couple and how they can't sacrifice the other in order for one to live etc, kind of romantic with a lot of guns and heads blowing up in between. Good film! :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 12
Boogie Nights
Going off recent films; Toy Story 3 (1 and 2 as well). Inception. Shutter Island.

Completely agree. Two things I love about that film:

Spoiler

I want minions. :moon:

Toy Story 3 had more sexual tension in it than the elastic band on Berlusconi's boxer shorts when he sees a 14 year old girl, I don't think that would be quite the best choice. I'd suggest Kung-Fu Panda. Great film.
Reply 14
Eyes Wide Shut.
Original post by dungeonkeepr
Fight Club? There is love/sex, it's important to the storyline and all that, but I can't imagine even the most heartbroken person being sad over it.

I wouldn't be too sure, the narrators lust/love for Marla, but simultaneous hatred and rejection might be a little too close to home for a broken hearted individual.

Spoiler

No they don't that guy who lost his girlfriend in the previous game who saves them dies, but they float off together on a boat / makeshift boat lol. Happy loving ending hahaha
Reply 17
The Hurt Locker, watched it again recently :smile:.
The Kings Speech?
Original post by karateworm
I wouldn't be too sure, the narrators lust/love for Marla, but simultaneous hatred and rejection might be a little too close to home for a broken hearted individual.

Fair point. I didn't really notice it as anything other than background to the rest, mostly.

Kill bill volume 1, then. :smile: (not volume 2, obv)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending