The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by dmz
I can't remember if you were going on saturday?

I am :tongue: but you already know that! Could meet up at some point if you wanted? Not sure what the plan is yet, might be able to lose the mother at lunch time or something :tongue: lol
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 321
Original post by emilymay
I am :tongue: but you already know that! Could meet up at some point if you wanted? Not sure what the plan is yet, might be able to lose the mother at lunch time or something :tongue: lol

Was it you i quoted? I saw Prose before hoes post come up twice, thought something was odd :lol:

I'm going with a friend and my brother wants to come as well cos he's applying to leeds in september as well, they'll be hard to lose but i can give you my number just in case i manage to :tongue:
Original post by dmz
Was it you i quoted? I saw Prose before hoes post come up twice, thought something was odd :lol:

I'm going with a friend and my brother wants to come as well cos he's applying to leeds in september as well, they'll be hard to lose but i can give you my number just in case i manage to :tongue:

Who was quoting who? I'm so confused!
Reply 323
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Who was quoting who? I'm so confused!

I was asking if you were also coming on saturday, TSR's messing up a bit
Reply 324

Original post by dmz
oh right, what are you studying?

Graphic communication :]
Reply 325
Original post by J o o
Graphic communication :]

cool =D
Reply 326
btw Clarence is horrible no one should apply there?

No? :getmecoat:
Original post by dmz
I was asking if you were also coming on saturday, TSR's messing up a bit

No, I'm the one who can't get off work :frown: Weird girl who wanted pictures of the CD en-suites? Haha :biggrin:
Reply 328
No, I'm the one who can't get off work :frown: Weird girl who wanted pictures of the CD en-suites? Haha :biggrin:

Haha, sorry to make you sound like just a random person, I know who you are, just couldn't remember if you were coming or not...you also wanted to pick up history :tongue:...You're not weird :lol:
Original post by dmz
Haha, sorry to make you sound like just a random person, I know who you are, just couldn't remember if you were coming or not...you also wanted to pick up history :tongue:...You're not weird :lol:

Yup, that's me :smile: What other accoms are you hoping to look at on Sat?
Reply 330
Yup, that's me :smile: What other accoms are you hoping to look at on Sat?

James bailie,
leodis, Maybe oxley. Off to kfc :biggrin: lol
Reply 331
Original post by dmz
Haha, nice! I like balls too but i much prefer informal parties but it does sound like good fun. If i take an instrument to uni I'd wanna show off with it not have to go to a music room(i can't play anything coherent so worry not :tongue:), lol tho it does mean no one gets disturbed? Strict in what ways? I know what you mean about getting away! Long as it's a nice person I'm not bothered if they have two horns and a tail (okay that would bother me quite a bit) :lol::woo: open day?

If it is an excuse to get a new dress then I'm down... :wink:
And strict like no big parties in your flat, lights out early. It could just be rumours. And yeah same, if they had two horns and a tail I'd be concerned. Wouldn't wanna wind up doing a cheeky Dr Faustus and selling my soul! (noticed you're an english lit fiend sooooo :tongue:).
yeee I'm off! You? :biggrin:
Original post by Nicknak256
I REALLY REALLY want Storm Jameson - i don't care about the other halls i just want that oone! So bad! I just fell in love with it. Are you going to the open day by any chance to see it? Cause i would really appreciate your feedback on it if you are, just to reassure me that it's as perfect as it looks in the photos :biggrin:
I'm not doing dentistry btw :biggrin:

Pros for SJ court:

Rooms very very nicely furnished. Kitchens just as high a standard. 32ish inch flatscreen with freeview and couches. Dining table and two fridges per kitchen of 6 as standard. Beds are super comfy :smile: Oh, and en-suite of course.

Cons: Fecking expensive. No really, really expensive. You dont realise how much 1-2 grand is once you've spent it on halls. Catering is god awful. If they let you take non-catered, seriously do it. The timing of catering sucks so bad you cant buy lunch when you want it, and dinner finishes around 6:30. -_-

Rooms are a bit on the small side unless you get a disabled room by chance, in which case they're probably the biggest rooms in the whole of Leeds.
Reply 333
Original post by TomInce6666
Pros for SJ court:

Rooms very very nicely furnished. Kitchens just as high a standard. 32ish inch flatscreen with freeview and couches. Dining table and two fridges per kitchen of 6 as standard. Beds are super comfy :smile: Oh, and en-suite of course.

Cons: Fecking expensive. No really, really expensive. You dont realise how much 1-2 grand is once you've spent it on halls. Catering is god awful. If they let you take non-catered, seriously do it. The timing of catering sucks so bad you cant buy lunch when you want it, and dinner finishes around 6:30. -_-

Rooms are a bit on the small side unless you get a disabled room by chance, in which case they're probably the biggest rooms in the whole of Leeds.

I ws thinking of putting SJ court down as well, but not sure about the catered bit! Is the food awful or is it just the timing that is bad? I want to be on the campus but would prefer self catering but no real options for that. :frown: Do you live at Storm Jameson now then?
Original post by TomInce6666
Pros for SJ court:

Awww thanks a lot, you just shattered my dream a bit, but better to know it now i guess! :biggrin:
Reply 335
Original post by keds1
If it is an excuse to get a new dress then I'm down... :wink:
And strict like no big parties in your flat, lights out early. It could just be rumours. And yeah same, if they had two horns and a tail I'd be concerned. Wouldn't wanna wind up doing a cheeky Dr Faustus and selling my soul! (noticed you're an english lit fiend sooooo :tongue:).
yeee I'm off! You? :biggrin:

Haha...that would suck a bit, lights out early? WTF? :lol: :rofl: haha exactly. I'm not :tongue:, i'm a medic reject (twice) so decided to go with medical engineering :tongue:, i like lit at GCSE, but was fairly useless at it. What grades do you need for criminology?

Awww thanks a lot, you just shattered my dream a bit, but better to know it now i guess! :biggrin:

:console: waiting for mine to be shattered for CD :lol:
Why is nobody applying to Devonshire Hall? :colonhash:
Reply 337
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Why is nobody applying to Devonshire Hall? :colonhash:

we're all under 70 :colonhash:

I'll apply there if it'll get you to come live with me :wink:
Original post by Whistle
I ws thinking of putting SJ court down as well, but not sure about the catered bit! Is the food awful or is it just the timing that is bad? I want to be on the campus but would prefer self catering but no real options for that. :frown: Do you live at Storm Jameson now then?

The food is very hit and miss. The pizza they do is okay, but some of the rice dishes they come up with are inedible to the point where (im really not a fussy eater at all) i couldnt finish it. Avoid the spinach risotto. :smile:

There are loads of other options though, plenty are nice, they have a noodle bar which is really good and a deli counter. If you come up for open day try it for lunch if you fancy, its a bit overpriced, but you get used to it eventually. The timing is silly i think its 8:00-11:00 then 14:00-18:30. As i said, no lunch, and dinner is too early for my liking.

If you really want self catered, i think Henry Price is self catered and its really close too. I dont know much about the other halls but you've got lyddon and dobree and whetton on campus too. If you dont mind private halls, i think Concept Place do a good deal and ive heard some good things about them.

Dont get me wrong, Storm Jameson is bloody fantastic and we're the envy of everyone in terms of facilities, but there are a few annoying nags, and once you tell people how much you're paying a year they're pretty relieved their accom is 2-2.5k less p.a.

If price isnt an issue, id say go for it, as you dont have to go for refectory meals every day, and you dont even get fed 3 meals on a weekend which gives you room to cook as a flat. We've got a really good community atmosphere going on here, which i absolutely love, i dont think id have ever made such good friends if i was in a different place. If you're down anytime and want a quick tour around a room if they dont let you in one, just PM me and id be glad to give you a quick tour of the place, but im quite busy so make sure you get me in advance :P
Original post by dmz
we're all under 70 :colonhash:

I'll apply there if it'll get you to come live with me :wink:

I like my ancients, especially with architecture. :colonhash:

That's the only way you'd possibly apply to DH? :tongue:

Latest