The Student Room Group

Is anyone else nearing the end of their degree and STILL not got a clue what to do?

Or is that just me? Surely I'm not the only one...

3 years studying a media degree and I really don't have a clue what I want to do once I've got the degree. About the only thing I am sure of is that a career to do with media is not for me! I'm screwed!

So come May when my final project is due, I am completely done. And if I do not have a part-time job by then, my life will consist of pretty much nothing.

Anyone else in the same boat? Advice? Career advisors at uni are crap.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ja.
Reply 2
YES

same boat :frown:

although it is quite exciting in a way, something new! I have been looking into volunteering abroad for a while, or maybe camp america!
Reply 3
Original post by bananalala
YES

same boat :frown:

although it is quite exciting in a way, something new! I have been looking into volunteering abroad for a while, or maybe camp america!

I'm thinking of volunteering abroad, too! In that respect it is exciting, but I still need a part-time job first in order to be able to afford to go abroad :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by miss_p
I'm thinking of volunteering abroad, too! In that respect it is exciting, but I still need a part-time job first in order to be able to afford to go abroad :frown:

Have you looked into VSO? (voluntary services overseas) - they require you to raise a certain amount of money for a charity but pay for your flights/accomodation/medical expenses whilst you're out there :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bananalala
Have you looked into VSO? (voluntary services overseas) - they require you to raise a certain amount of money for a charity but pay for your flights/accomodation/medical expenses whilst you're out there :smile:

Yeah, I did se that one, but I thought originalvolunteers sounded better, and cheaper! I've yet to do proper research on that; I'd much prefer to get an idea of what career I would like lol.
I have an idea, but if it doesn't pan out I've got no clue what I'll do.

There's just nothing I really want to do, I don't have a passion for a particular field like so many other people.

Quick Reply