The Student Room Group

Am I wrong for not texting?

Hey guys and gals, just got off the phone from my gf and we had a bit of a bicker and I need to know if I acted wrongly.

We usually text in the morning and this morning we didn't. Then when I called her just minutes ago she flipped out at me because I didn't text. I told her to grow up as we don't always have to text. She has been feeling crap and stressed lately and said she needed a text to wake up to. Is it such a big deal that I didn't? I mean it's just a text right?
Reply 1
It may be just a text for you... but to her it could be a symbol of your love.. fair enough you don't have to always text..but if girls like you texting them.. its showing that you care about them.
Reply 2
Original post by Avik_
It may be just a text for you... but to her it could be a symbol of your love.. fair enough you don't have to always text..but if girls like you texting them.. its showing that you care about them.

Oh crap so it is a big deal?? My bad :frown:
Reply 3
No, it's not. Yeah sure it may be a symbol of your love, but at the end of the day it's a frickin text. Maybe you forgot, maybe you were in a rush or stressed and didn't really have time to think about it.

She needs to get over it.
Reply 4
*alarm bells*...she sounds v. clingy and needy to me.
it is nice to wake up to a lovely text in the morning, but it's not a must and flipping out over not having one just once? hmm... overreaction i say! but each to their own... what if you wake up later than her?!

i used to like them a lot, but then we ended up living together 2nd year of uni so i just wake up to a cuddle XD

why does this deserve neg rep?! seriouslyyyyyy i swear somebody's out to get me :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
So if you don't text one day she's just gunna flip out? wtf? It may be nice but sometimes you have reasons why you can't text, sorry but she needs to grow up a bit.
I don't know about having a girlfriend and texting her but as a person who dating women I dont texting them between meetings. I don't know this is good or not, maybe I should ask the girls do they like when a men they date texting them?
Reply 8
That is far too needy...
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys and gals, just got off the phone from my gf and we had a bit of a bicker and I need to know if I acted wrongly.

We usually text in the morning and this morning we didn't. Then when I called her just minutes ago she flipped out at me because I didn't text. I told her to grow up as we don't always have to text. She has been feeling crap and stressed lately and said she needed a text to wake up to. Is it such a big deal that I didn't? I mean it's just a text right?

You aren't wrong for not texting and you know you aren't.

Your concern should be your gf feeling bad. Just say you're sorry and you didn't know that the text meant that much to her. From now on just send them. Trust me when she's feeling better she'll apologise for randomly having a go at you.

You should be helping her through her hard time instead of asking stupid questions on TSR. You know you didn't do much if anything wrong but it's obvious your gf is venting because she's having some problems. Not doing anything about those problems is what you're doing wrong.

Peace out x
*thread starter*
This is all great thank you for the replies :smile: I only really posted on here because I felt heated after our bicker and wanted proof that I am right haha that may sound like I have problems :s.
Everyone argues, it's how you deal with it that shows how strong the relationship is.
We both had a chat, compromised, said sorry and got on with it. I guess I have learned something from this also!

xxx
Wait a minute, 'we' text each other every morning suggests that she texts you as well as you texting her. Did she text you on the morning you didn't text her? She's basically taking your behaviour for granted. This is how routine can make people have expectations, and unrealistic ones at that. If she needs a text from you every morning for her emotional stability, she needs help.
lol thats Madness. No, it's not a big deal. Your gf needs to chill out.
Reply 13
Overreaction...

Quick Reply

Latest