The Student Room Group

Why are there so many wannabe "tough guy's" and trouble makers in nightclubs...?

Every time I go out with the lads, it always seems as though I'm being leered at by other guys ( and not because they're gay! ) because I'm muscular and look good. There always seems to be people who want to start trouble too, which really p*sses me off. The reason it annoys me when people try to cause trouble, is because I feel offended that someone would want to go out of their way to start trouble with me, especially when I have done nothing to deserve it. Now don't get me wrong, I could seriously hurt someone if I went into a rage, but instead I prefer not to. I am someone who shows respect to everyone, unless they don't deserve my respect. I just want to go out, have a good time, and not be hassled by people when I'm out on a night out with mates, why is that so hard to ask?
I don't go out as much as I used to, mainly because of the amount of d*ckheads there are in clubs and on a night out in general. I just don't want to have to end up in jail for hurting someone because they tried their luck with me.
Human psychology is at it is. I think that big people invoke reactions in others. Another thing is that some people are a bit looped up in the head, and you always get people who have a point to prove. It happens to me a lot, and I just laugh it off or say something that confuses them and makes them back down.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Summary :-

1) I am good looking
2) I am muscular
3) I am respectful
4) I can beat up anyone
Reply 3
Original post by BradP
Summary :-

1) I am good looking
2) I am muscular
3) I am respectful
4) I can beat up anyone

lol this true

dont go out if u dont like it then simple solution...jeez
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
Every time I go out with the lads, it always seems as though I'm being leered at by other guys ( and not because they're gay! ) because I'm muscular and look good. There always seems to be people who want to start trouble too, which really p*sses me off. The reason it annoys me when people try to cause trouble, is because I feel offended that someone would want to go out of their way to start trouble with me, especially when I have done nothing to deserve it. Now don't get me wrong, I could seriously hurt someone if I went into a rage, but instead I prefer not to. I am someone who shows respect to everyone, unless they don't deserve my respect. I just want to go out, have a good time, and not be hassled by people when I'm out on a night out with mates, why is that so hard to ask?
I don't go out as much as I used to, mainly because of the amount of d*ckheads there are in clubs and on a night out in general. I just don't want to have to end up in jail for hurting someone because they tried their luck with me.

It's the same everywhere though, outside shops and just in the streets, girls can be just as bad too (my friend had a horrible and embarassing experience with another girl who stood outside a chip shop). I think it's worse in certain areas, I don't see many fights on nights out here (in Exeter)
Reply 5

same situation as you mate. muppets just stare at you for no apparent reason.. as if they want to start a fight.
they're drunk so they get brave.
Being muscular doesn't make you good in a fight.

Why does everyone on here who goes to the gym think they're amazingly hard?

Having a muscled body makes you stronger but if you have a glass jaw, you won't be hurting anybody. You'll be on the deck from one swing if you come across someone who can actually throw a punch.

You probably don't get leered at, you're just an attention seeker who likes to think people are looking at you...
It's not just in your case though. Big guys almost always try and show they're big and try and intimidate littler people. For instance I saw one where this big hench guy purposely bumped into some little guy (about 5ft2/3) and started on him, turned out the guy was a boxer and he absolutely laid the big guy out, one of the funniest things I've seen.

Some guys are pricks in nightclubs, simples.
You sound like a prick.
Reply 9
Lol this should be in a blog

But you've got a point. Take it as it is mate; not your fault for being hench.
OP, get over it. Assault is normal, especially when out in town.
Reply 11
Do what the boxer Ricky Hatton does. Go to gay clubs to avoid violent confrontations. Apparently, he goes to Cruz101 in Manchester quite regularly.
Reply 12

Probably cs you sound pretty arrogant
Reply 13
Because lots of guys are insecure and want nothing more than to 'get one over' on someone who has something that they have.

One almost never sees a muscular good looking successful guy with a hot girlfriend starting fights, one almost always sees unsuccessful unattractive weak guys with no positive relationship history start fights.

you sound like an absolute Jebend. Try not being such a Jebend and you probably wont get in as much trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending