The Student Room Group

German A2 Oral Revision

I was wondering if any other people were doing their oral exams pretty soon and thought this could be a good place to discuss ..

I'm reasonably confident with the book topics but struggling a bit with the play (der Besuch der alten Dame) and the region, which is rather dull.

What is everybody else doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had my mock german orals yesterday, and i've got my french mock oral next thursday :s-smilie:

As for revising... i think every exam board does different things and we did a book and a film, and then we have an argument type role play card, but yeah oral revision is hard!
I'm doing die Welle :smile: Need a fair bit more practice, but it's kinda getting there...
Original post by hannahsl
I had my mock german orals yesterday, and i've got my french mock oral next thursday :s-smilie:

As for revising... i think every exam board does different things and we did a book and a film, and then we have an argument type role play card, but yeah oral revision is hard!

That sounds fairly similar to mine. Your not on AQA by any chance? I feel no where near ready for a mock yet, let alone the actual thing!
Reply 4
Original post by fortunecookie
That sounds fairly similar to mine. Your not on AQA by any chance? I feel no where near ready for a mock yet, let alone the actual thing!

Yeah i'm doing AQA...we're doing 'ich fühl mich so 50/50' for the book and the edukators for the film

Yeah not sure how my mock went but i'm so nervous for the real thing already!
Original post by hannahsl
Yeah i'm doing AQA...we're doing 'ich fühl mich so 50/50' for the book and the edukators for the film

Yeah not sure how my mock went but i'm so nervous for the real thing already!

Ooh I'm jealous. I'd love to have done a film, especially the edukators. Daniel Bruhl :love: I guess you have a lot of technical vocab and background?

Is your real thing quite early? Ours is 26th. So 6 lessons or something. Scary!!
Original post by TheDannyManCan
I'm doing die Welle :smile: Need a fair bit more practice, but it's kinda getting there...

You lucky git. You doing the book or the film? One of the other girls in my AS German group (all girls, and just the 6 of us), was lent Die Welle on DVD. She's not watched it, she thinks it'll be really scary. I'm aware I'm not doing A2 yet, but can I stay so I've got a few people to go EEeep. 6 weeks ish til my speaking exam O_o to?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Ooh I'm jealous. I'd love to have done a film, especially the edukators. Daniel Bruhl :love: I guess you have a lot of technical vocab and background?

Is your real thing quite early? Ours is 26th. So 6 lessons or something. Scary!!

Tbh, the vocab and that isn't as hard as i thought it would be because it's basically 'what happened in the film' type questions rather than the technical side

And the 26th of april or may?

My real orals are on the 9th may so i'm glad i've got plenty of time to perfect my speaking since the mocks were a bit shocking/really high grade boundaries haha
Reply 8
Hi, if other people have speaking exams soon and want to practice speaking with other people on skype (rather than sitting slowly going mad talking to yourself or the mirror) then I've set up a thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1586873
If lots of people contribute then it could be really useful!

I don't do German unfortunately but I know lots of other people do :biggrin: We just need people to sign up!
Reply 9

I was wondering if any other people were doing their oral exams pretty soon and thought this could be a good place to discuss ..

I'm reasonably confident with the book topics but struggling a bit with the play (der Besuch der alten Dame) and the region, which is rather dull.

Auf welchem Exam board bist du? Ich bin auf AQA, und glaub nicht dass wir irgendein "Role play" haben. Ich bin auch sehr frustriert mit dem Oral Exam denn ich habe nichts dafuer gelernt. Kannst du mir mal einige Tipps geben, und Ich moechte auch ein A-level revision buch kaufen aber ich kenne leider keine gute buecher fuers lernen, koenntest du mir hier helfen? Vielen Dank.
Reply 10
Original post by Schoolio93
Auf welchem Exam board bist du? Ich bin auf AQA, und glaub nicht dass wir irgendein "Role play" haben. Ich bin auch sehr frustriert mit dem Oral Exam denn ich habe nichts dafuer gelernt. Kannst du mir mal einige Tipps geben, und Ich moechte auch ein A-level revision buch kaufen aber ich kenne leider keine gute buecher fuers lernen, koenntest du mir hier helfen? Vielen Dank.

If you are on the AQA exam board, for German A2, then you will probably have a 'role play' card discussing issues such as immigration, science and technology, rich and poor, and the environment.
Reply 11

Ahhh Im doing Der Besuch also! And East Germany for our historical period. So scared for the oral though... need a B at least...
I'm doing AS, we've still got like a little under two months but I'm still worried D: mostly because we've learnt pretty much nothing on Music/Film/Fashion and Friendships/Relationships/Family aha bad times.
Original post by .snowflake.
You lucky git. You doing the book or the film? One of the other girls in my AS German group (all girls, and just the 6 of us), was lent Die Welle on DVD. She's not watched it, she thinks it'll be really scary. I'm aware I'm not doing A2 yet, but can I stay so I've got a few people to go EEeep. 6 weeks ish til my speaking exam O_o to?

I'm doing the film, and what a great film it is! Get yourself a copy and have a watch. It's a beast. All the best with your orals.
last year for AS i got 60/60, but am really worried about A2.
Original post by TheDannyManCan
I'm doing the film, and what a great film it is! Get yourself a copy and have a watch. It's a beast. All the best with your orals.

I'll borrow it off my German teacher. :smile:
Reply 16
Hey all :smile:
I'm doing my presentation on 'Das Wunder Von Bern', which given the choice I would never have chosen, but what can ya do! :frown:

Despite German being my strongest subject, my teacher managed to massively panic me by making me write out and learn potential discussion questions today, and I'm having a slight breakdown...somebody give me a german E-hug! :biggrin:

Good luck all :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Rananagirl
Hey all :smile:
I'm doing my presentation on 'Das Wunder Von Bern', which given the choice I would never have chosen, but what can ya do! :frown:

Despite German being my strongest subject, my teacher managed to massively panic me by making me write out and learn potential discussion questions today, and I'm having a slight breakdown...somebody give me a german E-hug! :biggrin:

Good luck all :smile:

:hugs:

Viel Gluck!

When is your speaking test?

I have mine 10 days after a holiday in Germany... guess that's pretty lucky!
Original post by Sim188
Ahhh Im doing Der Besuch also! And East Germany for our historical period. So scared for the oral though... need a B at least...

Hiya, I swear I made this thread and then just deserted it! How are you finding the play? I'm enjoying it and am finding it easier than the region which is surprising me as I HATE literature! I guess it's because the themes are reasonably obvious. The facts and figures for the other topic are so hard to remember :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: When is your actual exam?
Reply 19
Original post by Sim188
:hugs:

Viel Gluck!

When is your speaking test?

I have mine 10 days after a holiday in Germany... guess that's pretty lucky!

E-hug much appreciated! :h:

Ooh 'tis lucky indeed! Where abouts are you going?

I've got it first thing on thursday...eep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending