The Student Room Group

seven kings sixth form interview?

Hi i was wondering if anyone got a letter from skhs sixth form? Im really nervous what will they ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ummi1
Hi i was wondering if anyone got a letter from skhs sixth form? Im really nervous what will they ask?

Is this the school in Ilford?
Reply 2
Original post by mir3a
Is this the school in Ilford?
yup
orite i got a REJECTION letter 2day from dem. **** SKHS i h8 dem now
Reply 4
Original post by DynamicZ_1403

Oh im sorry hope you get excepted in the other colleges/sixth forms youve applied for
Reply 5

Apply to Caterham, they'll except everyone and anyone.
Reply 6
Original post by ummi1
yup

cool. What separates this sixth from from the rest in Ilford then?
Reply 7
Original post by mir3a
cool. What separates this sixth from from the rest in Ilford then?

its meant to be one of the best in ilford after the grammar school
Reply 8
Original post by ummi1
its meant to be one of the best in ilford after the grammar school

Oh. Ilford county(the grammar school) is good, some teachers are crappy, but have an excellent reputation for good GCSE and A level grades. Last year there were around 5 people who went off to Cambridge from there, many others went off to UCL, LSE, Imperial and the likes. Which school are you currently in?
next week valentines are sending there acknoldgement letters HOPEFULLY i'll get in Valentines. I dont mind goin valentines or beal. Caterham is just crap thats what i heard from some friends
ilford is really good sch, 7kings comes after, then valentines, then beal, then oaks park, canon palmer, chadwell heath, den mayfield, loxford, haniult. The bottom 3 are the worse schools ever!!!
Reply 11
Original post by mir3a
Oh. Ilford county(the grammar school) is good, some teachers are crappy, but have an excellent reputation for good GCSE and A level grades. Last year there were around 5 people who went off to Cambridge from there, many others went off to UCL, LSE, Imperial and the likes. Which school are you currently in?
i cant go ilford county cos im a girl i heard many pple in seven kings went on to top unis that why im applying to get into medicine need good unis im currenlty studying in a school in east lomdon
Reply 12
next week valentines are sending there acknoldgement letters HOPEFULLY i'll get in Valentines. I dont mind goin valentines or beal. Caterham is just crap thats what i heard from some friends
im waiting to hear from valentines and beal aswell how did you know they are sending out letters next week? Nd i thought beal high school was better than valentines at least thats what ive been hearing
i know because at valentines, my mum knows the head of the 6th form (mrs J worswick) so she met my mum a few days ago and said that next week you'll know if you have beeen acknoldged or not. Btw BEAL is better than Valentines at GCSE but for A-level valentines is wayy better. Check on the bbc league tables (A-level points) Valentines is better for 6th form but beal is good for gcse. I desperatley need an acknowledgement from valentiness
Reply 14
i know because at valentines, my mum knows the head of the 6th form (mrs J worswick) so she met my mum a few days ago and said that next week you'll know if you have beeen acknoldged or not. Btw BEAL is better than Valentines at GCSE but for A-level valentines is wayy better. Check on the bbc league tables (A-level points) Valentines is better for 6th form but beal is good for gcse. I desperatley need an acknowledgement from valentiness

ok thnaks for that probably wouldve chosen beal over valentines if i had to choose. Beal only let 29 external students in i read on their website so i doubt ide get in anyway hopefully you get in at valentines you should have a back up choice mine is my current schools sixth from which is good but cant be bothered to travel anyomore but have definetly got a place there though! Good luck!
Reply 15
I cannot believe that you mongoloids are going to sixth form. My three-year-old cousin can spell better than anyone who previously posted in this thread.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Einheri
I cannot believe that you mongoloids are going to sixth form. My three-year-old cousin can spell better than anyone who previously posted in this thread.

seriously? He must be a child prodigy then your lucky to have him in your family ahaha look yh ive been typing on my phone so it excuses myspelling mistakes and btw i dont recall asking anyone whether they think i can spell or not!
Reply 17
Aaw i remember worrying about all this stuff a couple of years ago, my predicted grades and mock results were good but i was rejected from skhs without an intv and wchs wouldnt let me do my subjects so I ended up going to KEGS in chelmsford but i really think you can do well wherever you end up so long as you stay focused. my younger sis is in yr 12 at Valentines and she's not really impressed with the teaching plus their study leave policy is so daft
Reply 18
Original post by ummi1
i cant go ilford county cos im a girl i heard many pple in seven kings went on to top unis that why im applying to get into medicine need good unis im currenlty studying in a school in east lomdon

Oh thought you were a guy, name sounded like it. Apply to Woodford county then?
Original post by ummi1

Original post by ummi1
ok thnaks for that probably wouldve chosen beal over valentines if i had to choose. Beal only let 29 external students in i read on their website so i doubt ide get in anyway hopefully you get in at valentines you should have a back up choice mine is my current schools sixth from which is good but cant be bothered to travel anyomore but have definetly got a place there though! Good luck!

But I have heard that the very reason some of these schools get high scores in those tables is becasue they throw people off the courses even if they have a chance of getting a D or an E - so they arent really better - just hurting us kids to get better results - anybody had experience of that ?

Quick Reply

Latest