The Student Room Group

Most Ideal - Least Ideal place to live in London?

Scroll to see replies

Hammersmith is usually on fire.

Tower Hamlets probably the least ideal.

Most ideal, probably somewhere like Twickenham (I'm a rugby fan so I'm biased) :p:
North Weezy! nuff said...Primrose Hill ftw! Lol
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
A2 history, politics, philosophy and economics.

Nice. I want to do History but only for the first year! Is it hard? Are you doing Modern European? :biggrin:
Original post by Bektas
Hackney? Nice? In the same sentence?

Depends, all inner city areas have nice and horrible areas like Drogue said.

The areas around Hackney Downs, London Fields, Old Street, Hoxton, Shoreditch etc are quite nice, as are parts of Dalston. Then again Stamford Hill and Clapton are horrible. Depends where you go in Hackney :dontknow:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Hammersmith is usually on fire.

Tower Hamlets probably the least ideal.

Most ideal, probably somewhere like Twickenham (I'm a rugby fan so I'm biased) :p:

My school's in Twickenham! :biggrin: But, to be honest, Richmond is better! I wouldn't like to live in Twickenham. It's awful getting around the place, especially when there's a match on. Very noisy. :wink:
Original post by chaz1992
Same. I live in Ealing and it's fairly average. The good thing is everything you need, it's a maximum of two bus rides away.

Waheyy Ealing, most of my friends live there. Ealing's not too bad you have quite a few things to do there - better than Ickenham where I live.
Generally inner West (ie. Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge) and outer South-West (Richmond, parts of Kingston, Hampton) are rather nice, but I fail to see how Hammersmith ,of all places, could be seen as your ideal place to live. It's really quite a depressing place.
East :eek:
South :s-smilie:
North :redface:
West :smile:
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Nice. I want to do History but only for the first year! Is it hard? Are you doing Modern European? :biggrin:

i'm doing modern american. its very exciting, it's my best subject so i don't find it hard. the drop-out rate compared to modern european isn't as bad because people generally like it more.
Reply 49
Original post by Sangha236
You don't wanna live in Old Southall. It's near Ealing, comes under South West London. Awful place.
Just avoid Old Southall.

Could be worse, could be Hayes.
i'm doing modern american. its very exciting, it's my best subject so i don't find it hard. the drop-out rate compared to modern european isn't as bad because people generally like it more.

Yes, that's what I'll be doing! I've heard it's really difficult to get an A. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but is it difficult to get like an A grade?
Yes, that's what I'll be doing! I've heard it's really difficult to get an A. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but is it difficult to get like an A grade?

yes, only a handful of people have gotten an A in the AS (first-sit). but personally, i didn't find it hard. getting an A depends soley on your literary abilities and general knowledge; if you have that than the content will come easily, like with most things.
yes, only a handful of people have gotten an A in the AS (first-sit). but personally, i didn't find it hard. getting an A depends soley on your literary abilities and general knowledge; if you have that than the content will come easily, like with most things.

I see. So, it's doable. Just with your own hard work? :tongue:
I see. So, it's doable. Just with your own hard work? :tongue:

not too much stuff to learn but still significant. skills>hard work generally, if you have the skills and love for the subject you'll get an A.
Best place: Dulwich

Worst place: the rest of London
not too much stuff to learn but still significant. skills>hard work generally, if you have the skills and love for the subject you'll get an A.

Cool, thanks. :smile:
Where i live isn't too bad, basically on the border in south west near wimbledon, close enough to everywhere but a quiet/ safe enough area
Reply 57
I'd say anywhere on the outskirts is better than living in central London. So probably somewhere like Kingston. OP what makes you like Islington, I find it a dump!
Reply 58
Original post by Diabolic99
Peckham? Elephant and Castle?

Are you sure you haven't made a mistake? Peckham ain't too bad but no where near is it a good place to live. I'd rather live it up in a posh area than to stay here.

Not as nice as the Bronx in NY
Don't say a word against Richmond, mister!!!! Peckham? Really?!
Avoid inner SE London. Almost got beaten up - probably to death!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending