The Student Room Group

Ladies: How do you feel about your body? At peace or at war?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by MovingOn
Wow, separated at birth? :tongue:

Yeah, I went through a stage where I was really worried about my weight but my doctor ran tests on me and said there's nothing physically wrong with me, I just burn so much of my energy through my nerves. If it wasn't for the fact it's so exhausting being anxious so much of the time I'd love the fact I can eat anything and not worry about piling on the pounds! :colondollar:

It seems like it haha! :tongue:

And me, it's good in a way but at times I get so frustrated with it. And as soon as one worry is over, BAM start panicking about something else. :mad: It's a right nuisance at times!
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm actually quite fine with my body. I'm naturally slim and my figure is good; I often get complimented on it :smile: Kinda like: http://www.hollywoodtuna.com/images/bigimages/cassie_bikini_2_big.jpg

I have more problems with my face. I'm not very pretty (maybe even a bit of a "butterface", lolol :o:), and it gets me down sometimes :sigh:. I don't know if I'm overreacting, but the fact that I don't get guys must say something :erm:

Though, at least I have my makeup to make it all better :grin:

:confused: I saw your picture in the past and I thought you were really pretty. I remember loads of guys thought so too.

I think you are over reacting.
Original post by .Ali.
It seems like it haha! :tongue:

And me, it's good in a way but at times I get so frustrated with it. And as soon as one worry is over, BAM start panicking about something else. :mad: It's a right nuisance at times!

I know the feeling, joking aside it can be so exhausting being in a constantly anxious state of mind. It's totally irrational, I worry about even the smallest of things.
I'm actually loving all the moaning skinny minnies in this thread. Makes me feel very glad that I'm so happy with my size 12 body.
Reply 104
aint tryna brag but i reckon i got a mint body!
S'alright...
I've been at war with my body for nearly a decade. Thousands have been killed or maimed.
I'm satisfied with it.

I lost nearly a stone in the past few months which was much needed but I still have awful skin and I wish I was a bit curvier. I'm a DD but they don't look big and depending on my weight I either like I have rickets (damn skinny calves) or a v short rugby player.
Original post by babygirl110
:confused: I saw your picture in the past and I thought you were really pretty. I remember loads of guys thought so too.

I think you are over reacting.

LOL, maybe I am tbh :o:. Thanks though :grin:
Original post by charll
aint tryna brag but i reckon i got a mint body!

I've just seen your pic and I think you've got a mint body too! ;-)
I can't wait to lose my tum tum
Original post by Vohamanah
I'm actually loving all the moaning skinny minnies in this thread. Makes me feel very glad that I'm so happy with my size 12 body.

A confident girl is far more attractive than what most girls seem to obsess about.
Reply 112
Original post by MovingOn
I know the feeling, joking aside it can be so exhausting being in a constantly anxious state of mind. It's totally irrational, I worry about even the smallest of things.

Me too, the worst part is you know it's irrational and petty but you still can't stop it. I have to do certain things in certain ways to make sure I don't panic, really winds me up haha.
Original post by Gemma :)!
At war! As a girl who's slimming at the moment, I'm wondering whether I'll ever be "at peace" as such. I've slimmed from a size 22 to a size 16 in the last 12 months and obviously it's still larger than a lot of people (myself included) are happy with.. so I'm wanting to slim down even more.

I don't know where I'll be able to draw the line (assuming I manage to keep up the diet/exercise) but I'll let you know..

Well done :biggrin: bet that feels great!

Personally I hate my body :frown: I'm a size 8-10 with 30E boobs, but I still seem to have large thighs :frown: ugh. I do as much exercise as I can afford to do and I eat pretty healthily, so I suppose I'll have to learn to accept myself as I am.

I've always considered myself to be very ugly :frown: but lately I'm learning to accept what I see in the mirror. It's a tiny picture of me and my sister, but I'm the girl on the right:
Reply 114
I'm sixteen, 5 foot 6, 57 kg, a 32B bra size,i'm about a size 10 cothes size and I feel fat:tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sunday=
I'm sixteen, 5 foot 6, 57 kg, a 32B bra size,i'm about a size 10 cothes size and I feel fat:tongue:

You have a lovely figure and absolutely nothing to worry about :biggrin:
At war. I'm 5'11.5, and UK size 6-8 (6 mainly for tops). Yet, I still want to lose about 10-15 lbs by (which will put me around 112-115).
Reply 117
At war. Mostly with my height though - I'm 5'1. I dislike my weight (size 10) but to be honest I know that if I put some effort in I could lose some weight, and then my hips would at least be in proportion with my boobs.

The problem with being short is that I have to fork out extra money to buy 'petite' jeans from expensive places like Topshop (where they cost ~£40) while normal sized people can pick them up cheaply in Primark for <£10. :frown:
No. I'm really not happy, I can't lose weight at all, to add to it, and everyone else around me has way nicer legs then me... I'd give myself maybe a 4/10, I've gotten used to it a bit, not looking all that nice but it's still gets me down, I admit, I avoid shopping a lot, I get all depressed that I can't fit into something small, or even that I can't look nice in clothes generally.
At the risk of sounding full of myself ...
I love my body! Im 5ft'8 and 10 and a half stone with quite an athletic figure (do alot of cycling and play rugby - and no i dont look like a she-hulk) and the best thing about the cycling, my legs look great in skinny jeans! :wink:

Seriously, if you enjoy the exercise and get a bit of muscle (you wont look like a man seriously!) you'll feel great. Even healthy food can taste great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending