The Student Room Group

BTEC results?

Hey, I'm doing a BTEC course at college and just read I cant be offered a place for accomodation at uni untill I have received an un-conditional from the uni. Seeing as I cant get the unconditional until they have received my results I'm just wondering do universitys get BTEC student results before A levels? so I'd get a unconditional before an A level student giving me a much bigger chance of getting my first choice accomodation? Thanks!
They come out around July.
I got my results before A levels.
Reply 3
I got mine at the same time (well my certificate) as my A-level. I the NC and an Alevel, did both at the same school.

But from what I remember I pretty much knew what I was sitting on when I had submitted the course work. Then I asked the teachers what they graded me.
Original post by 09042850
They come out around July.

I know you can get the unoficial marks when you finish in june from lecturers but I beleive the certificates come out in august, I don't think the uni's get the grades as early as july....
Original post by bestofyou
I got mine at the same time (well my certificate) as my A-level. I the NC and an Alevel, did both at the same school.

But from what I remember I pretty much knew what I was sitting on when I had submitted the course work. Then I asked the teachers what they graded me.

Ah that sucks. The point isn't wondering what my grade is here though. It's more when does the uni know those grades to offer the unconditional. I don't think they'd give it me if I just rang and said my lecturer said I got DDD but its not official yet.... :/
Reply 6
Original post by burgergetsbored
Ah that sucks. The point isn't wondering what my grade is here though. It's more when does the uni know those grades to offer the unconditional. I don't think they'd give it me if I just rang and said my lecturer said I got DDD but its not official yet.... :/

Yeah I'm not sure, try the UCAS site for results date or Edxcel's site.

But you don't have an advantage anyway. The university has a place for all the people they give a conditional to. If for example BTEC came out latter than A-Level your place would remain condtional until the release date. If it comes out before alevels they will either unsuccessful/pending if you don't met the requirements or give an uncon. but because you get an uncon, doesn't mean that someone waiting for A-level results will suddenly get an unsuccessful.

Rather unfair if that was the case.
Original post by bestofyou
Yeah I'm not sure, try the UCAS site for results date or Edxcel's site.

But you don't have an advantage anyway. The university has a place for all the people they give a conditional to. If for example BTEC came out latter than A-Level your place would remain condtional until the release date. If it comes out before alevels they will either unsuccessful/pending if you don't met the requirements or give an uncon. but because you get an uncon, doesn't mean that someone waiting for A-level results will suddenly get an unsuccessful.

Rather unfair if that was the case.

I think you misunderstand, I know the uni has enough places for the students that have conditional offers, I'm talking about the residences as they only confirm places when students have unconditionals, and the place I want only accomodates 500 :/ So was just wondering if the uni had my BTEC grades before A levels my place would change to unconditional (already got grades to get in) and I might have had the accomodation offered before the A level results out?
Reply 8
I think you misunderstand, I know the uni has enough places for the students that have conditional offers, I'm talking about the residences as they only confirm places when students have unconditionals, and the place I want only accomodates 500 :/ So was just wondering if the uni had my BTEC grades before A levels my place would change to unconditional (already got grades to get in) and I might have had the accomodation offered before the A level results out?

BTEC results come out in July/August i remember reading on their websites that their is no fixed date.

Once you have meet your offer you may have to inform the uni yourself if you want to change to unconditional offer, the uni WILL get your results but may take time in changing it, with results from Scotland and England not due for couple of weeks.

Now about accommodation i also think you have read it wrong, cause your saying that accommodation is done on a first severed bases? You're also saying that people who had gap year would be guaranteed accommodation and that Scotland students would have a better chances of getting accommodation then everyone else from england.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by FinalMH
BTEC results come out in July/August i remember reading on their websites that their is no fixed date.

Once you have meet your offer you may have to inform the uni yourself if you want to change to unconditional offer, the uni WILL get your results but may take time in changing it, with results from Scotland and England not due for couple of weeks.

Now about accommodation i also think you have read it wrong, cause your saying that accommodation is done on a first severed bases? You're also saying that people who had gap year would be guaranteed accommodation and that Scotland students would have a better chances of getting accommodation then everyone else from england.

Ah was wondering if I could inform the uni just using what I have been told by my teacher without having the edexcel official results (even know they're the same) I't just that I got a reply saying :

"Your application will be processed in date order according to two dates. The first is the date the Residences Office receives confirmation from Registry that you have an unconditional offer to study; the second is the date of receipt of your application. This process normally starts in late July and continues into September."

meaning they wont be processed untill you get an unconditional from them which A level students wont get until after results day. Was thinking seeing as I get my resuts before then so should have an unconditional earlier it be processed before A level applicants?
Reply 10
Ah was wondering if I could inform the uni just using what I have been told by my teacher without having the edexcel official results (even know they're the same) I't just that I got a reply saying :

"Your application will be processed in date order according to two dates. The first is the date the Residences Office receives confirmation from Registry that you have an unconditional offer to study; the second is the date of receipt of your application. This process normally starts in late July and continues into September."

meaning they wont be processed untill you get an unconditional from them which A level students wont get until after results day. Was thinking seeing as I get my resuts before then so should have an unconditional earlier it be processed before A level applicants?

Unforuntly no you can't use the exam results provide from your school it must be from edxcel, plus you get the results in July so shouldnt really affect your accomdations? and if you get your results early you can just tell them yourselve and get it changed then :smile:
Original post by FinalMH
Unforuntly no you can't use the exam results provide from your school it must be from edxcel, plus you get the results in July so shouldnt really affect your accomdations? and if you get your results early you can just tell them yourselve and get it changed then :smile:

Ahh thanks, july be a good time, heard the certificate doesn't come till mid august. ya know what I'm saying, looks like if I get the unconditional early they will process my residences application form quicker and theres more chance of getting first choice :smile:
Reply 12
Some key dates for BTEC Qualifcations in this link;

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/3640%20Info%20Manual%202010-11%20Chapter%209%20BTEC_WEB.pdf

Check out pages 5 and 13, these should give you some releveant information on your question.

Hope this helps
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys,

yes, BTEC students receive their unconditional offers from unis around mid-late July. Always before A-Level students, giving us first dibs on accommodation! :biggrin:
I completed BTECs and my offer became unconditional on Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending