The Student Room Group

Police find Sian O'Callaghans body

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12852499

They found two bodies and one of them was Sian's :frown:

From our 6th form we could see the forest that they were searching in and it has kind of hit everyone a little bit lately.

This is just a tribute to her and hope her friends and family are coping alright :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

RIP

I have family in the area who, given their FB statuses, may have known her. It's very sad and my thoughts are with her family.

Words must seem so hollow.
Very sad :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by paddy__power
RIP

I have family in the area who, given their FB statuses, may have known her. It's very sad and my thoughts are with her family.

Words must seem so hollow.

Not necessarily, you'd be amazed how many people didn't know her but whose thoughts are with her and her family, and who have updated their facebook statuses. I'm from Swindon myself, same age as Sian, and it's just really hit home all of this.. so scary and so so sad at the same time. I hope the sick bastard rots in hell because that is all he deserves.
(edited 13 years ago)
Tragic.
I have a friend at this Uni who knew her from home. :erm:

Devastating for her. :sad:
This is such sad news and a waste of a young life, compounded by the discovery of a second victim. Words seem so inadequate, but kind and caring thoughts are with the families and friends.
Original post by _Shanice_
Not necessarily, you'd be amazed how many people didn't know her but whose thoughts are with her and her family, and who have updated their facebook statuses. I'm from Swindon myself, same age as Sian, and it's jut really hit home all of this.. so scary and so so sad at the same time. I hope the sick bastard rots in hell because that is all he deserves.

I did say may. I'm only making the semi-assumption based on the nature of the messages but you are of course correct. It doesn't really matter - what is important now is that her family are given the support they want and the person who did it gets what they deserve. <3
Reply 8
Utterly devasting. Condolences to her family
How tragic...
why are people sympathizing for? it's her fault... she was probably drunk of her head then just went to a forest and started haviing sex with a man. its so stupid... alcohol murdered this idiiot
Original post by air-ninety-one
why are people sympathizing for? it's her fault... she was probably drunk of her head then just went to a forest and started haviing sex with a man. its so stupid... alcohol murdered this idiiot

no
Reply 12

harsh bro

That is one HUGE assumption. I suggest, for the sake of human decency in the light of her death, that such assumptions should be left aside. A life has been lost and sympathy is a trait of human nature that can never be eradicated. My condolences are also with Sian's family, such a tragic waste of life :frown:
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
That is one HUGE assumption. I suggest, for the sake of human decency in the light of her death, that such assumptions should be left aside. A life has been lost and sympathy is a trait of human nature that can never be eradicated. My condolences are also with Sian's family, such a tragic waste of life :frown:

2 people die every second... death is nothing... if your really sorry for her loss, why not go and visit her family? its cos your not bothered cos you dont care. neither do i and neither does anyone else. its her fault she got drunk... her autopsy showed blood achohol levels to be over 20 times the recommended amount.
2 people die every second... death is nothing... if your really sorry for her loss, why not go and visit her family? its cos your not bothered cos you dont care. neither do i and neither does anyone else. its her fault she got drunk... her autopsy showed blood achohol levels to be over 20 times the recommended amount.

Yeeeees. And 82% of statistics are made up.

My condolences and thoughts are with her family at this immensely difficult time.
Condolences to her family.

How can you know that when they only found her body today :rolleyes:

If you have evidence, show it, in the meantime leave the people who are simply showing empathy for a seemingly innocent victim of a horrendous crime alone.

:facepalm: I know people die every second, but when you've been hearing about it on the news all week and hoping that something fortunate will happen, to hear that she's been found dead is rather tragic and it makes some people feel rather compassionate and saddened. Just because it isn't a personal loss does not mean that it won't affect some emotionally...some people are just more sympathetic than others. So, no, visiting her family would not make me or anyone else more genuine in our condolences. It's not her fault at all....it's that of her murderer...I'm sure she didn't kill herself.
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
:facepalm: I know people die every second, but when you've been hearing about it on the news all week and hoping that something fortunate will happen, to hear that she's been found dead is rather tragic and it makes some people feel rather compassionate and saddened. Just because it isn't a personal loss does not mean that it won't affect some emotionally...some people are just more sympathetic than others. So, no, visiting her family would not make me or anyone else more genuine in our condolences. It's not her fault at all....it's that of her murderer...I'm sure she didn't kill herself.

if it wasnt this drunkard this week... the media wouldve done something about the 86 yr old gran who was burnt to death in her flat. it was murder... but im sure nobody here has heard of this story cos the media didnt show it. they only show the ones who were lost then murdered so people like you feel sorry for them... but the truth is millions of people get mudered but there individual stories are never told. something like 150 murders in london a year and the news shows this drunk dog from swindon... its a ****ing disgrace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending