The Student Room Group

Total b.s. - bulking and have food poisoning

I've hardly eaten all day. I keep wanting to puke out everything i do eat, doctor told me to take it easy.

Is this my body going down the drain? I've worked so hard to get where i am with continuous dieting but ffs this is just B.S!
Reply 1
what did you eat to give you food poisoning? could you drink everything you need?
Reply 2
You jelly?
Reply 3
Original post by a_t
what did you eat to give you food poisoning? could you drink everything you need?

I ate some dodgy chicken breast. It's made everyone in my flat ill.

Not sure if i can drink everything i need, will protein shakes do to give me the nutrients i need until i get better?
Reply 4
Original post by Hylean
You jelly?

I feel like jelly.
Reply 5
Yes, you will lose 1-3 years of progress and you won't be able to make any more for at least 8 months. Self medicate with test E and deca. I knew a guy who had a cold once and this method worked a treat for him.
i got foodpoisoning last year and dropped 5kg and all my lifts went to ****, i was vomiting violently for a week =( bad times
Drink a lot of water/electrolyte drinks to keep yourself hydrated.

It wont last long. Besides, a week or so (if that) wont hurt you. But like the doc said, take it easy and slowly build back up to your normal eating habits.
Reply 8
Original post by Megaloblastic
Drink a lot of water/electrolyte drinks to keep yourself hydrated.

It wont last long. Besides, a week or so (if that) wont hurt you. But like the doc said, take it easy and slowly build back up to your normal eating habits.

The puking has stopped , it only lasted one night thank God. I just don't want to catabolise :frown: . Will protein shakes do the trick whilst i recover?
Reply 9
Original post by Carpediemxx
i got foodpoisoning last year and dropped 5kg and all my lifts went to ****, i was vomiting violently for a week =( bad times

**** man, i'm never taking liberties with poultry again
Original post by burningnun
Yes, you will lose 1-3 years of progress and you won't be able to make any more for at least 8 months. Self medicate with test E and deca. I knew a guy who had a cold once and this method worked a treat for him.

I loled hard at this. Those of you who are new to the Fitness section probably won't get this, though.
Original post by a_t
**** man, i'm never taking liberties with poultry again

i had it very bad though, but it is really disheartening when you are benching 100 and next week you cant even lift 80...took me several months to get back too
Original post by mirin?
The puking has stopped , it only lasted one night thank God. I just don't want to catabolise :frown: . Will protein shakes do the trick whilst i recover?

Damn, you're right. You wouldnt want that happening! I suggest you double the amount of protein you usually take so you can be sure you wont catabolise your muscles while your body is in its weakened state.
I pos repped nun!
Reply 14
Brown rice with grated apple (and honey if you want something sweet)

That's what I live on when I get stomach-flu or food poisoning...
Reply 15
weeks of progress lost , fml.
you must be better by now, how bad was the damage?

Quick Reply

Latest