The Student Room Group

If she has a boyfriend is she unavailable even if we both like each other...?

Basically, right at the start of Uni, I developed this crush on a rly pretty girl (pretty much straight after we met for the first time), who at the same time had a crush on me (she made this v. obvious-was definitely the case).

Now for aaages she tried to get me to talk to her/ flirt with her/ dance with her but I couldn't because I had complicated mental health problems.

Eventually, she started to pursue other guys (fair enough, she is v. pretty and had lots of guys going after her) and now she's got a boyfriend but at the same time I'm fairly sure she still has a crush on me, she just gave up on me because she wasn't getting anywhere.

Now she also knows that the reason why I acted so weirdly with her before and wasn't able to get to know her was because of mental health problems, which I am recovering from.

So what should I do? Is she out of bounds now that she has a boyfriend or should I make it clear that I still have feelings for her?
I was thinking of waiting until I get back to normal and then showing interest in her, I'm pretty sure she still has a big crush on me, and I know her feelings for me are strong enough for it to be interfering with her new relationship.

Scroll to see replies

She has a boyfriend and is therefore off limits, either wait or find someone else
Off limits mate, sorry
im tired. might go sleep soon. hate early mornings!
Reply 4
Depends on you really, as courage wolf says

If her relationship is BS and she's flirting with you etc than continue, a big confession is certainly not advisable however, just play it by ear, she certainly isn't off limits however, I wouldn't really consider any girl who is not married "off limits"
Would you think she "very obviously" liked you if she had been fugly and had behaved in exactly the same way? Could just be wishful thinking on your part.
Original post by slacker07906
im tired. might go sleep soon. hate early mornings!

same

i've got a headache now

getting up earlier means you get more done though, so it's not all bad
Reply 7
She is off limits. How can you not see that?
Original post by schoolstudent

Original post by schoolstudent
same

i've got a headache now

getting up earlier means you get more done though, so it's not all bad

I got headache too! Ye I know what you mean. Early mornings do have their benefits
I'd sort out your mental health issues first tbh - priorities
Reply 10
Faint heart never won fair lady.

Dog eat dog. Get stuck in boy.
Reply 11
If she was your girlfriend would you find it acceptable to have some creepy stalker with wish fullfillment, sexual gratification on his mind trying to get her to finish with you?
I assume your answer is, no.

Of course she is off limits :facepalm2:
She's out of bounds until she dumps him.
Reply 13
So what? Are we just supposed to ignore the fact that we both have feelings for each other?

And fyi, she had told her boyfriend that she liked me as well, and she even broke up with him because of me, but they got back together the next day, I think she may have decided to get back together with him mainly 'cos she knows that I'm not going to be at Uni next term anyway (beacuse I'm de-grading) so there would be no point in breaking up since I wasn't gonna be there.

Sooo, what would you people do in my position?
Reply 14
Maybe I should add that her boyfriend's in his last year at Uni and then he'll be off back to Germany...not sure if this makes a difference?
Reply 15
Mate just think about it, she has attachment issues and will play you like she's playing him.

Generally any girl who flirts around in a relationship isn't a good idea as she'll just do the same to you - they just want their self esteem boosted and they want emotional gratification.

And yeah, girls who have boyfriends are out of bounds. Really, you wouldn't like someone to do the same to you, so don't do it!
Reply 16
Original post by deej3005
So what? Are we just supposed to ignore the fact that we both have feelings for each other?

And fyi, she had told her boyfriend that she liked me as well, and she even broke up with him because of me, but they got back together the next day, I think she may have decided to get back together with him mainly 'cos she knows that I'm not going to be at Uni next term anyway (beacuse I'm de-grading) so there would be no point in breaking up since I wasn't gonna be there.

Sooo, what would you people do in my position?

1) fail at anon
2) she isnt totally off limits. But there are limits to what you can do. It would be ok for you to tell her how you feel and what you want and put the ball in her side of the court. It would obviously not be ok to make her cheat on her boyfriend. Note- putting the ball in her side of the court is the MOST you can do. Generally it is hard to critisise honesty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe I should add that her boyfriend's in his last year at Uni and then he'll be off back to Germany...not sure if this makes a difference?

I was going to say yes she is off limits.. then I read he is German.. Continue!!!
Reply 18
Original post by Sereni
1) fail at anon
2) she isnt totally off limits. But there are limits to what you can do. It would be ok for you to tell her how you feel and what you want and put the ball in her side of the court. It would obviously not be ok to make her cheat on her boyfriend. Note- putting the ball in her side of the court is the MOST you can do. Generally it is hard to critisise honesty.

That is what I meant, obviously I'm not gonna get her to cheat, but surely there must be some things I am allowed to do...such as let her know my feelings/ explain fully my past actions??
Reply 19
isn't there like an unwritten rule that you shouldn't try get with someone elses gf :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending