The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by - Major -
Is it true that henry price bathroom is shared by two people with two doors from their rooms and no locks?

Yeah I saw it last year on an open day...
It's a really nice building, that's the only real issue with it I guess. There are some en-suite rooms but if you're sharing, you just gotta hope you're not sharing the bathroom with a... dislikeable person. :P
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Even if it's someone likeable...I don't want to be walked in by someone while i'm showering or sitting on the toilet...
Reply 362
Clarence dock is ****
Reply 363
Original post by dmz
Clarence dock is ****

Why do you say that?
Reply 364
Original post by T-Toe
Why do you say that?

because i want it and it seems a lot of other people do. Lol
Reply 365
Original post by dmz
because i want it and it seems a lot of other people do. Lol

Hahaha!
Reply 366
Original post by T-Toe
Hahaha!

be warned I'm gonna come up with a con list soon so you need to make sure you're not deterred :tongue:. Just hope i don't do that to myself in the process :lol:
Reply 367
Original post by dmz
be warned I'm gonna come up with a con list soon so you need to make sure you're not deterred :tongue:. Just hope i don't do that to myself in the process :lol:

You do want to live the building all by yourself? :lol:

It's going to take a lot to make me fall out of love with Clarence Dock :love:

Spoiler

Reply 368
Original post by T-Toe
You do want to live the building all by yourself? :lol:

It's going to take a lot to make me fall out of love with Clarence Dock :love:

Spoiler

no but i want to live in it :colonhash:

i don't want the people in love to fall out of love. I just don't want that one extra person that could potentially displace me. Lol

Spoiler

where you travelling from?
Reply 369
Original post by dmz
no but i want to live in it :colonhash:

i don't want the people in love to fall out of love. I just don't want that one extra person that could potentially displace me. Lol

Spoiler

where you travelling from?

Haha, funny guy.

London

Over 4 tedious hours to get there :sigh:
Reply 370
Original post by T-Toe
Haha, funny guy.

London

Over 4 tedious hours to get there :sigh:

*ego boosted* nah i'm messing

are you taking a coach?! Came down last Wednesday with a coach to pretty much do nothing. I got my 3rd (only post interview) rejection so decided FA and randomly went down. :lol: felt good actually. Was looong tho. Stay up all night so you'll be able to sleep most of it
Reply 371
Original post by dmz
*ego boosted* nah i'm messing

are you taking a coach?! Came down last Wednesday with a coach to pretty much do nothing. I got my 3rd (only post interview) rejection so decided FA and randomly went down. :lol: felt good actually. Was looong tho. Stay up all night so you'll be able to sleep most of it

Yes I am taking a coach, taking a train would cost a fortune. Oh goodness, I'm not looking forward to the long trip :/

A 9 hour journey for a 3 1/2 hour open day... I kind of regret wanting to go to this open day :/
Reply 372
Original post by T-Toe
Yes I am taking a coach, taking a train would cost a fortune. Oh goodness, I'm not looking forward to the long trip :/

A 9 hour journey for a 3 1/2 hour open day... I kind of regret wanting to go to this open day :/

it's usually okay if you book it ages in advance :dontknow: you could always spend the night? What time you there for?

Need to attempt to sleep now cos i have to be up for work in 2 hours, not tired tho :sigh:
Reply 373
Original post by dmz
it's usually okay if you book it ages in advance :dontknow: you could always spend the night? What time you there for?

Need to attempt to sleep now cos i have to be up for work in 2 hours, not tired tho :sigh:

I booked yesterday so it totalled at £25. I'm going to have to bring an extra £20 for other means of transport...so it's quite a lot I'm spending..

I need to get to Victoria station by 8am so I'm going to have to wake up at 5am.

My mum's away so I don't have enough dosh to spend the night in Leeds.

Awh, get some rest :redface: where do you work?

Goodnight :smile:
Reply 374
Original post by T-Toe
I booked yesterday so it totalled at £25. I'm going to have to bring an extra £20 for other means of transport...so it's quite a lot I'm spending..

I need to get to Victoria station by 8am so I'm going to have to wake up at 5am.

My mum's away so I don't have enough dosh to spend the night in Leeds.

Awh, get some rest :redface: where do you work?

Goodnight :smile:

ooh that's quite expensive. I got a return for £8 on megabus when i went. I got a ticket for £16 but had to pay for my broke ass sibling and friend so I'm down £48 :hmmm: i think a day pass is like £3 or so. :zomg: how far do you live from the station? I'm sure I'd make it to Leeds by 7 if i got up at 5 :tongue:

Aww sucks a little. You could go cinema or somewhere for a while? :dontknow:

my main job is in a care home near mine (luckily) only doing 6hours (thankfully)

night :h:
Reply 375
Original post by dmz
ooh that's quite expensive. I got a return for £8 on megabus when i went. I got a ticket for £16 but had to pay for my broke ass sibling and friend so I'm down £48 :hmmm: i think a day pass is like £3 or so. :zomg: how far do you live from the station? I'm sure I'd make it to Leeds by 7 if i got up at 5 :tongue:

Aww sucks a little. You could go cinema or somewhere for a while? :dontknow:

my main job is in a care home near mine (luckily) only doing 6hours (thankfully)

night :h:

That's what I get for booking last minute (I'm taking the national express coach)

From Victoria station? Um, just over an hour, I don't actually live in London, just very close by :colondollar:

My coach is due to leave for London at 16:45, so I can't stay long, I have to start making my way back to the coach station at 4

That's great at least you have a job, I really have nothing better to do, I mainly just revise the chemistry modules I plan to resit. My gap year is pretty lame atm.

Is your offer for Leeds unconditional?
Reply 376
Original post by T-Toe
That's what I get for booking last minute (I'm taking the national express coach)

From Victoria station? Um, just over an hour, I don't actually live in London, just very close by :colondollar:

My coach is due to leave for London at 16:45, so I can't stay long, I have to start making my way back to the coach station at 4

That's great at least you have a job, I really have nothing better to do, I mainly just revise the chemistry modules I plan to resit. My gap year is pretty lame atm.

Is your offer for Leeds unconditional?

:console:

Oh right, wow. Long journey then :console:

i got 3 in just less than 5 weeks even the ones i applied to since September. So pretty much slept around since then and attained 5000 post on tsr :frown:. I can't spend any money so mine sucks as well

i technically don't have one. I applied last Friday thru extra but Yea it'd be unconditional if i get one. They said I'd be okay on the phone :dontknow: yours?
Original post by dmz
Clarence dock is ****

I wonder if the plan is working...I'm telling people that it's heavily oversubscribed and that they probably won't get in :colone:
Original post by TomInce6666
The food is very hit and miss. The pizza they do is okay, but some of the rice dishes they come up with are inedible to the point where (im really not a fussy eater at all) i couldnt finish it. Avoid the spinach risotto. :smile:

There are loads of other options though, plenty are nice, they have a noodle bar which is really good and a deli counter. If you come up for open day try it for lunch if you fancy, its a bit overpriced, but you get used to it eventually. The timing is silly i think its 8:00-11:00 then 14:00-18:30. As i said, no lunch, and dinner is too early for my liking.

If you really want self catered, i think Henry Price is self catered and its really close too. I dont know much about the other halls but you've got lyddon and dobree and whetton on campus too. If you dont mind private halls, i think Concept Place do a good deal and ive heard some good things about them.

Dont get me wrong, Storm Jameson is bloody fantastic and we're the envy of everyone in terms of facilities, but there are a few annoying nags, and once you tell people how much you're paying a year they're pretty relieved their accom is 2-2.5k less p.a.

If price isnt an issue, id say go for it, as you dont have to go for refectory meals every day, and you dont even get fed 3 meals on a weekend which gives you room to cook as a flat. We've got a really good community atmosphere going on here, which i absolutely love, i dont think id have ever made such good friends if i was in a different place. If you're down anytime and want a quick tour around a room if they dont let you in one, just PM me and id be glad to give you a quick tour of the place, but im quite busy so make sure you get me in advance :P

Thanks once again! :biggrin: I don't actually live in the UK so i won't really be able to come back to leeds! :biggrin: But if you wouldn't mind i would really appreciate a photo of the room! :biggrin: (I came in the summer so i know how perfect the rest of the campus is :P)
Original post by dmz
I thought you were doing criminology :colondollar:

I'm doing Criminology - ABB :biggrin:

Latest