The Student Room Group

Am I entitled to a refund for my remark?

Hello. I recently had a paper remarked and the grade stayed the same, but the mark went up. BUT this means my overall grade went up. Should I be able to get my money back from my remark? the grade which was awarded to my paper didn't change but my overall grade for the subject did.
Reply 1
Nope.
Reply 2
Of course not
Not that I'm aware.

The fact is that you paid for your paper to be sent back and re-moderated, which requires people and time, and therefore money.
Nope. Have a chillax, drink some beer, forget about the price tag :smile:
only if your grade for that particular paper goes up, then your refund is in a pay packet all the way to South Africa...that is where you live right?
Reply 6
Thanks for the replies. I asked because it cost £80... at least the mark didn't go down!
Reply 7
Original post by iqlu
Thanks for the replies. I asked because it cost £80... at least the mark didn't go down!

You should ask your exams officer because the situation is confusing and the fees/rules appear to vary from examiner to examiner. If you read the JCQ rules then if you have cashed in the qualification and the overall grade improves as a result of a unit remark then you should get a refund. In circumstances when you have not cashed in the qualification you get a refund if the unit grade increases. Ask for clarification.
Reply 8
Original post by gdunne42
You should ask your exams officer because the situation is confusing and the fees/rules appear to vary from examiner to examiner. If you read the JCQ rules then if you have cashed in the qualification and the overall grade improves as a result of a unit remark then you should get a refund. In circumstances when you have not cashed in the qualification you get a refund if the unit grade increases. Ask for clarification.

Thanks for the reply, the college said they will give post me £50 :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest