The Student Room Group

Sex - question to girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by olivia_w92
Wow, so many people love looking down from their high horses on these kind of threads. Well done, you have slept with one person and would never ever ever sleep with another one ever because that would be SLAGGY :O.
Girls make it no easier for themselves when they are continuously condemning girls who have had a few one night stands...I see at as no big deal at all. Obviously relationship sex is (mostly) better, but we haven't all been in 5 year long relationships having met 'the one'..in the real world, one night stands happen, i'm afraid.

I take it this was a dig at me?! I wasn't looking down from my high horse, I was just pointing out to that person that not every girl would defend it and then bitch to their friends, to prove him wrong. I don't give a **** if you have a one night stand or if other people do, I was just saying that I wouldn't have one.

Just because I said that I don't agree with them doesn't mean I would judge other girls who do or have had them. I'm friends with girls who have, doesn't mean I'll stop being friends with them does it. There was no need for you to be an arse was there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by _Shanice_
I take it this was a dig at me?! I wasn't looking down from my high horse, I was just pointing out to that person that not every girl would defend it and then bitch to their friends, to prove him wrong. I don't give a **** if you have a one night stand or if other people do, I was just saying that I wouldn't have one.

Just because I said that I don't agree with them doesn't mean I would judge other girls who do or have had them. I'm friends with girls who have, doesn't mean I'll stop being friends with them does it. There was no need for you to be an arse was there.

It wasn't a personal dig at you - if it was I would have quoted you. Although you did expressly say..I do not agree with multiple partners or one night stands..very well for you having a long term boyfriend and all, but that isn't the case for everyone.
Even if you didn't intend to, your post did have a condescending tone implying that all girls who have slept with more than one person are promiscuous etc.
OP, the Victorians called. They want their views back.
my boyfriend and i lost our virginity to each other, and we have been together almost 3 years.. we have had our ups and downs but we both know we are meant to be together.

it probably would not be as special if we had slept with other people.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
How do you feel after sleeping with a guy in a r/ship. Is it special? Or just standard.

Every girl I have been with has had a string of exes they have slept with, so as a result it is very hard for me to take any girl seriously when I just feel like the next guy in their life. So in the case with my current, it seems as though even though we connect and get along well, at the back of mind I am thinking to myself:

"how long will this last?"

Out of curiosity, how many girls have you been with? Have each of those just been 'the next girl in your life'? Should they be taking you seriously? :mute:

I'm not making any kind of judgement on people who have multiple partners or otherwise - each to their own - but double standards really get on my wick.
Personally, I prefer sex if I'm with someone properly. I don't have a lot of experience myself but I think people tend to get better in bed the longer they are with someone and learn how to please that person best! One night stands can be fun and if people want to do that, then that is their choice... but I do prefer to have sex with someone I really fancy and really like/care for too! If I am in a relationship, I usually want a lot of sex.
As long as you keep it spicy and interesting and dont let sex go missing from the relationship or go stale, of course! That isnt good...
(edited 13 years ago)
For me it's special, but it depends with each girl.
It wasn't a personal dig at you - if it was I would have quoted you. Although you did expressly say..I do not agree with multiple partners or one night stands..very well for you having a long term boyfriend and all, but that isn't the case for everyone.
Even if you didn't intend to, your post did have a condescending tone implying that all girls who have slept with more than one person are promiscuous etc.

And even if you didn't mean to have a dig at me you did by blatently saying "not everyone has had a 5 year relationship". I know that's not the case so why are you patronising me telling me what I already know like you think I'm too stupid realise that.

I was saying I didn't agree with it, and yes it does make someone promiscuous, but it doesn't mean I would outright judge someone on the basis of how many people they have slept with. I don't agree with a lot of things some of my friends do, like smoking weed for example (as I am quite good mates with a couple of people who do do this) doesn't mean I judge them for it and will all of a sudden stop being friends with them does it.

Now that we've settled that will you leave me alone, and stop making assumptions about what I meant in my original comment.
Sex-question to girls

Can we have it now over the interwebs?
Original post by _Shanice_
And even if you didn't mean to have a dig at me you did by blatently saying "not everyone has had a 5 year relationship". I know that's not the case so why are you patronising me telling me what I already know like you think I'm too stupid realise that.

I was saying I didn't agree with it, and yes it does make someone promiscuous, but it doesn't mean I would outright judge someone on the basis of how many people they have slept with. I don't agree with a lot of things some of my friends do, like smoking weed for example (as I am quite good mates with a couple of people who do do this) doesn't mean I judge them for it and will all of a sudden stop being friends with them does it.

Now that we've settled that will you leave me alone, and stop making assumptions about what I meant in my original comment.

Yes I said 5 years, because I had seen your post and used that amount of years as an example. What's with the victim complex?
Obviously you know that, what I am saying is that some people are single and didn't lose their virginity to a long-term partner etc..you don't agree with it but what, should they just wait until they find 'the right one' or go about doing it another way?
Nowhere did I say that you were judgemental towards people who do it, you seem to be misinterpreting what I was saying again.
And leave you alone? This is a forum, i'm hardly pressing you for answer and you quoted me initially when I wasn't even talking about you.
Original post by Elf.
Don't be cynical :wink: mildly true though.
Everyones a hypocrite.

Really?
Original post by MutantGecko
my boyfriend and i lost our virginity to each other, and we have been together almost 3 years.. we have had our ups and downs but we both know we are meant to be together.

it probably would not be as special if we had slept with other people.

I don't agree, I don't see how having a past would make any difference to the feelings lovers have for each other.

But then again, I'm single 0_o so don't really have much authority on these matters.
Reply 32
I'm still a virgin aged 21. I've had offers for sex but have declined them each time. I want my first time to be with someone I love, not someone I've just met in a club.

This is the stance I take on how I want all my sexual encounters to be, so for me, sex would be special, regardless of how many I've been wth before. Having said that, I'm not the kind of girl who would sleep around so I wouldn't want to have slept with many people.

Your probably the only person on TSR with a ****ing brain. Respect.
Yes I said 5 years, because I had seen your post and used that amount of years as an example. What's with the victim complex?
Obviously you know that, what I am saying is that some people are single and didn't lose their virginity to a long-term partner etc..you don't agree with it but what, should they just wait until they find 'the right one' or go about doing it another way?
Nowhere did I say that you were judgemental towards people who do it, you seem to be misinterpreting what I was saying again.
And leave you alone? This is a forum, i'm hardly pressing you for answer and you quoted me initially when I wasn't even talking about you.

No, I'm not saying they have to wait, I was merely stating my opinion. I only quoted you as it seemed as though your comment was aimed at me with what you said, that was all.
Reply 34
How do you feel after sleeping with a guy in a r/ship. Is it special? Or just standard.

Every girl I have been with has had a string of exes they have slept with, so as a result it is very hard for me to take any girl seriously when I just feel like the next guy in their life. So in the case with my current, it seems as though even though we connect and get a long well, at the back of mind I am thinking to myself:

"how long will this last?"

I agree with the person who said forget about worring 'how long will this last?' because you should enjoy it because you want to be doing it with the person at the time.

I was with my first boyfriend for just over two years and he was the first person I'd slept with. He'd slept with someone before drunkenly and I found this really hard to deal with at first and for a long time it caused tension, but then I had to accept that it had happened and now he wanted to be with me not her.

Don't worry too much about the future, enjoy what you're going through now. If you let the past affect your relationship with this person you'll find it hard to be truthfully 'happy'. Also, most people have numerous sexual partners before they find the so called 'one', its all a part of learning who you are and what you want from a relationship.

Hope this helps!
Reply 35
It's pointless thinking when will this end...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending