The Student Room Group

Showed myself on webcam

When I was depressed and lonely, I used to talk to a guy online. We spoke for about a year, and after a few months we skyped. He was 21 and never even kissed a girl....he was lonely and I guess talking to me made him feel that he almost had a girlfriend- he even took off his "single" status on facebook. I wasn't actually his girlfriend obviously, he was just someone to talk to. Plus he lives in USA.

He always asked me on cam to take my clothes which I'd refuse to do , and make movements that I could tell he was w******. He'd try and have cyber sex but I just thought it was so stupid....he'd say things like "kisses you hard" and then obviously more explicit stuff. When I was bored I played along. I said no alot, but he didn't give up, so I showed him my boobs one day....I know it was stupid and I feel so gross about it now. He was always on at me to "spread my legs" and show him, but thankfully I never did that.

When I got a boyfriend, he wanted me to delete this guy from facebook and msn, and I had no problem with that. But when I logged on to an old msn, he wasn't blocked on there, I got loads of offline messages.....he says "I miss the sex and your boobies" and that he loves me, which I find creepy.

Is this weird? Am I completely disgusting?

Scroll to see replies

It's odd, but I do have some sympathy for the guy. He's obviously very strange and lonely and thus got incredibly attached to you. If you look at it from his perspective, it must be difficult when you just cut him out of your life when he's "known" you for so long. The offline messages are creepy however.

You shouldn't have stripped or "played along", not because it's disgusting but because it was encouraging him. However, blocking him was ultimately the right move for both of you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Wanna go on Cam?
Reply 3
You don't have a boyfriend, don't lie.
Reply 4
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
It's odd, but I do have some sympathy for the guy. He's obviously very strange and lonely and thus got incredibly attached to you. If you look at it from his perspective, it must be difficult when you just cut him out of your life when he's "known" you for so long. The offline messages are creepy however.

You shouldn't have stripped or "played along", not because it's disgusting but because it was encouraging him. However, blocking him was ultimately the right move for both of you.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Some people on here would be so judgemental about him and while I think the guy takes being weird to a whole new level I can understand where it comes from.
Reply 5
I don't think what you actually did was that wrong, it just gave him the wrong idea and now you want to move on with your real life he's finding it hard to let go of the "bond" you had. I think blocking him was the right thing to do. If I were you, I'd get on with my life and just forget about him tbh.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
When I was depressed and lonely, I used to talk to a guy online. We spoke for about a year, and after a few months we skyped. He was 21 and never even kissed a girl....he was lonely and I guess talking to me made him feel that he almost had a girlfriend- he even took off his "single" status on facebook. I wasn't actually his girlfriend obviously, he was just someone to talk to. Plus he lives in USA.

He always asked me on cam to take my clothes which I'd refuse to do , and make movements that I could tell he was w******. He'd try and have cyber sex but I just thought it was so stupid....he'd say things like "kisses you hard" and then obviously more explicit stuff. When I was bored I played along. I said no alot, but he didn't give up, so I showed him my boobs one day....I know it was stupid and I feel so gross about it now. He was always on at me to "spread my legs" and show him, but thankfully I never did that.

When I got a boyfriend, he wanted me to delete this guy from facebook and msn, and I had no problem with that. But when I logged on to an old msn, he wasn't blocked on there, I got loads of offline messages.....he says "I miss the sex and your boobies" and that he loves me, which I find creepy.

Is this weird? Am I completely disgusting?

You probably shouldn't have taken advantage of such a man just to get over your own boredom. Deal with the consequences and maybe next time there is nothing good on telly read a book instead of flashing your tats to a webcam?
Reply 7
Original post by Colour Me Pretty

The thing is, the way he talk(ed) about it, it's like he thinks we actually had sex, when I got with my boyfriend he said something like "well I f***** you first" :s-smilie:
Reply 8
i thought everyone does that **** on cam. You usually know the person tho
We need pics of your boobs in order to help you. :fyi:
(edited 13 years ago)
This topic so fake, and if it isn't damn are you as stupid as Irfanny (some girl in my class).
Anywho if he didn't care about you he would have showed the pic on the intranet. So dump your boyfriend, have some lesbian adventure and then get on a plane to the USA!!!
Reply 11
Doesn't your boyfriend think what you did was weird? I would.
Reply 12
Original post by aarora
Doesn't your boyfriend think what you did was weird? I would.

Maybe, but he's no angel, and he understands that I was a little messed up.
You're really not that bad, just sever all contact with him and move on.
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is, the way he talk(ed) about it, it's like he thinks we actually had sex, when I got with my boyfriend he said something like "well I f***** you first" :s-smilie:

Yes? He's strange, I think that's apparant.

There's no point in dwelling on it, just move on and let's hope he does too.
Reply 15
yup...delete and move on!
Reply 16
Just delete him and move on. I'm pretty sure he will found someone else to harass soon enough.

Just concentrate on you and your bfs relationship and forget about him its in the past so let it stay that way :smile:
poor guy had to get his kicks from somewhere... maybe you were amusing him when HE was bored1? :s-smilie:

but i wouldn't worry about it now, it's just the interent. cant really do much harm, unless he knows where you live etc.....

f*uck it, that's what i say. it's been done now, and you shouldn't dwell. just another 'life experiance' to add to the book! lol
hope this helped :h: x
Reply 18
Original post by dmz
i thought everyone does that **** on cam. You usually know the person tho

You usually know the person? How the hell do you bring it up with them?
Reply 19
lets jst hope he didnt hit "Prnt Scrn" or u mite find yourself on google!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending