The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for uni question.

I phoned dundee uni who this is mainly about today and the person i need to speak to isn't there till monday, damn.:angry:

Was wondering... I've got a conditional to get ABBB.
I have a B already, so does that mean that I only need to get ABB? or do they want ABBB plus the B i already have? I was wondering why they have upped this to an A, if that's because they would consider the B i already have. I haven't sat it over multiple sittings or anything so it should be ok?:s-smilie:

Agh I don't want to not phone and ask on monday but thought maybe you guys may know.
Reply 1
Im pretty sure it will include the B you already have. The offer you get given is what you need to have on results day, so therefore you just need to get ABB :smile:

I hope i have helped!
Reply 2
Original post by rainandsun
I phoned dundee uni who this is mainly about today and the person i need to speak to isn't there till monday, damn.:angry:

Was wondering... I've got a conditional to get ABBB.
I have a B already, so does that mean that I only need to get ABB? or do they want ABBB plus the B i already have? I was wondering why they have upped this to an A, if that's because they would consider the B i already have. I haven't sat it over multiple sittings or anything so it should be ok?:s-smilie:

Agh I don't want to not phone and ask on monday but thought maybe you guys may know.

Well if you entered it on your UCAS, then they know you already have a B. So I'd say they want ABBB.
Hmm. Thx people. Will have to wait till monday and phone the woman i need to speak to anyways.
Reply 4
Original post by angelbaby91
Hmm. Thx people. Will have to wait till monday and phone the woman i need to speak to anyways.

It should actually say on track something like "to be attained in 2011", thus meaning this year's results.
Reply 5
Hm. track says-
Decision
Conditional view decision letter

Conditions
This offer is subject to you obtaining

Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher
Grades ABBB.

Thing is , my UWS one says-
Decision
Conditional view decision letter

Conditions
This offer is subject to you obtaining
From 2011 examinations
Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher
Grade C - English
and
Psychology
and
1 further subject.

So...because 1st offer doesnt say from this year, it doesnt mean that?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
The only way to know for sure is to phone the university, but it would make no real sense for a conditional to factor in your previous results like that. If they meant "ABBB including a B that you already have"... well, that would be rather convoluted... surely they would have just made your offer ABB, lol. You most likely (by miles) need to get ABBB this year.

But yeah, get on da phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending