The Student Room Group

Head tutor of a module sending me voicemail on my mobile

saying she wants me send her an email of when I can see her

I got sent this yesterday and haven't replied to it yet. I can't tell if this is some prank or not, but it sounds exactly like her voice.

I've got no email on my university email account about this, which would usually be the way tutors contact you.

why would a head of one of your modules send you voicemail? this is really confusing. has anyone else had something like this happen to them? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Just go with the flow. Get you some good results.
Reply 2
Original post by StephenP91
Just go with the flow. Get you some good results.

Why voicemail?
Reply 3
call her back and ask
Reply 4
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Why voicemail?

A form of proof that it is her. A text could be anyone.
Reply 5
Original post by StephenP91
A form of proof that it is her. A text could be anyone.

no but what I'm saying is why couldn't she email? this is what makes it suspicious..
Reply 6
She wants your sausage
Reply 7
Original post by aeterno
She wants your sausage

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
:rolleyes:

You know it's true. Don't fight the urge. Give it to her. :top:
Reply 9
Original post by aeterno

well, whatever. seems like you're the one who wants a sausage lol

but seriously, what should I do?
Ring her back sometime?
Reply 11
well, whatever. seems like you're the one who wants a sausage lol

but seriously, what should I do?

Nah, I've got my fill :sexface:

Seriously? I don't know just don't read too much into it. I've had a tutor ring me on my mobile to wake me up for not turning up to a lecture. Now THAT is weird. I still don't know how he even got my number :lolwut:
Reply 12
Original post by aeterno

Do you want a sausage?
Original post by aeterno
Nah, I've got my fill :sexface:

Seriously? I don't know just don't read too much into it. I've had a tutor ring me on my mobile to wake me up for not turning up to a lecture. Now THAT is weird. I still don't know how he even got my number :lolwut:

That's different though. Why couldn't she have just emailed me? What was the point in phoning? And yeah, I don't know how she got my number either. :s-smilie:
Ring back to check it's really her? :dontknow:
Reply 15
That's different though. Why couldn't she have just emailed me? What was the point in phoning? And yeah, I don't know how she got my number either. :s-smilie:

Ring her back then :p: It could easily be a convincing prank.
A text = could be anyone
An email = you may be like many students and not bother checking your inbox regularly enough
A voicemail = most likely way of getting through to you, feels most urgent and may have been quickest for her if she wasn't able to email you at the time

Sound less odd now?
Original post by georgie-rose
A text = could be anyone
An email = you may be like many students and not bother checking your inbox regularly enough
A voicemail = most likely way of getting through to you, feels most urgent and may have been quickest for her if she wasn't able to email you at the time

Sound less odd now?

No because the university expects you to check your email and are not liable to anything that happens if you don't check it. It's part of the agreement everyone signed when they joined the university. Why would a tutor care so much as to voicemail me? Tutors don't care. They act like they do but really, they don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending