The Student Room Group

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littlehobbit
in first year of college I should have taken five AS' and taken Classics, as when I dropped French after that year and picked up Classics I got a really high A!! I should've taken the five and not had as many free's, AND resat my AS summer English exam... Hindsight is a wonderful thing aye!

In the context of what you're saying... not really
I wish I had never taken French. Should have put Politics or Lit in its place :frown:
I chose mostly science subjects at A level that I don't really enjoy, especially Physics. I wish I had taken Politics, and maybe Economics. It's not the end of the world though, I think I can still get good grades and do History at uni which is my true passion.
History. I gave it up after year 9 and am clueless about all but the most major events e.g. World war 2
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, wish I'd done English Literature instead of Business, I was advised by the head of English to take Lit and Lang but Lit clashed with IT. Also wish I'd taken something other than IT, hated it for the last year of Sixth Form. Ended up on the right course now though :smile:
I took geography, English lit, history and psychology. I wish I'd taken politics and sociology instead of English lit and geography possibly. I feel like a complete moron. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Reply 66
Law
Reply 67
I am happy with my chosen degree to start in September Msci physics, I have fallen in love with it for such a long time now. However I regret not having interest in other science subjects Biology and chemistry to be precise wish I took them, something tells me a solid understanding of them may come handy at some point, oh well I will just read about it. I regret not taking A level English lit too but not that much.
Reply 68
I am starting to regret choosing physics at AS level. Talk about hasty decisions. I only chose it on the count of getting a B at GCSE
Reply 69
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
I am starting to regret choosing physics at AS level. Talk about hasty decisions. I only chose it on the count of getting a B at GCSE

You want to do medicine right?

What's it like not being a sub anymore, Jonny? :holmes:
Reply 70
Wish I took further maths instead of biology. Biology is such a bore, maths is actually really interesting.
I wish I hasn't of taken both english literature and language, I find them awful ! I would've loved to take music tech but it clashed with history ): ah well. Only a few months left !
Reply 72
Wish I'd taken maths instead of Business studies. I basically took the wrong A level's, Got the wrong grades, went to the wrong university and would give my left testicle to go back in time and do everything the right way!
Reply 73
Original post by Hanvyj
Did physics, wish I had done engineering...

Why is that?
wish i never took A level chemistry, maybe media or something fun as a replacement
Reply 75
Should have done A level Spanish, ah well maybe i'll go live in spain and become fluent haha :smile:
Reply 76
I wish I'd taken chemistry instead of geography,
I chose geography despite hating it at gcse (don't ask why 'cause I don't know either) , it started pretty good as I like physical geography a lot but now we're doing human which is pretty easy, but It makes me want to die inside a little bit
and i'm considering doing a biology degree so I assumed chem would have helped, plus i'm more of a sciencey person anyways ^.^
Medicine / Maths / Biology / Marine Biology.... The list goes on. It wasn't until I firmed my offer that I started to wonder if I made the right choice... But I think I'll enjoy my course all the same.
I wish I had taken English literature or something like history at A level instead of law. I do law A2 right now and I hate it.
Classics
I have studied quite a lot of mythology and literature from that era on my course this year and am fascinated by it! I had never studied it before so didn't know I was as interested in it as I am. But I am more interested in Classic Civ and stuff (I think that's what it comes under) than like... Latin/Greek?

Quick Reply

Latest