The Student Room Group

What are the best universities with a high % of female students?

Title, in short.

UCL, i'm guessing so it will be my firm (perfect balance of high female + prestigious reputation). Then probably Oxbridge (higher reputation than female students though). The possibly Birmingham/Kings/Manchester.

Just out of curiousity, are Imperial really that low? Because if it's a sausage-fest (mini party sausage rolls obviously :cool:), then it's certainly something i'm going to decline.

I want to go to the best possible university I can but there has to be a high proportion of female students in that university and surrounding that university. It's just one of my criteria. Along with the main stuff like course content, teaching methods, class sizes, accomodation, (international) reputation, city, etc.

I applied to UCL, Imperial, Birmingham, Manchester, Warwick. Atm, i'm thinking UCL because though Imperial is just as good in all other aspects, there's not enough, infact nowhere near enough girls. Birmingham and Manchester have the girls but not the reputation and I like London (a lot). And Warwick is just a farm and I was born in Wales and don't really want to go home so...nah.

I didn't apply to Oxbridge but what are the female-students like there, in terms of numbers? Better than Imperial probably, i've heard Imperial were the worst ever. Is this true? I'm posting this thread before I make my firm choice and its between UCL and Imperial (both amazing unis, both in London, but UCL >>> Imperial in terms of number of female students so i'm firming UCL).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1/10
'Because if it's a sausage-fest (mini party sausage rolls obviously )'

trololololol
Reply 3
If I remember well, the female/male ratio at Oxbridge is 50-50. I've seen many hot girls at UCL...but I got a thing for Imperialists :colondollar:
Reply 4
A bit overwrought... but good idea
Reply 5
i might be going to warwick tho... quality not quantity!
Original post by Philbert
1/10

lol, i'm serious.

I even told my girlfriend that I want to, and will, go to a university with a high % of female students.

I won't cheat or anything; I just prefer female presence around me and dislike males and their patheticness.

Females are cool :cool:
Original post by ussumane
If I remember well, the female/male ratio at Oxbridge is 50-50. I've seen many hot girls at UCL...but I got a thing for Imperialists :colondollar:

Logging into track right now :coma:
Reply 9
I cant believe somebody would based their important university choice on this.
Way to make yourself sound desperate...
Original post by misscharli

I'm not basing it ENTIRELY on this ffs :facepalm2:

Imagine you had two shops that sold two identical or near enough identical products. Okay. Now. One of them offers free chocolate for a year. Which shop will you buy the product from?

This is a bit like the above with UCL and Imperial but UCL has a much larger (and hotter) number and range of female students :smile:
Original post by LadyRowena
Way to make yourself sound desperate...

I WON'T BE HAVING SEX WITH OR HITTING ON ANY OF THEM FFS.

I just prefer to be around females (as friends) than males. Ok? :yy:
Reply 13
Original post by misscharli

pussy is priceless sis

60% of Leeds is female :sexface:
Original post by dmz
pussy is priceless sis

60% of Leeds is female :sexface:

True; but most of them are fat ugly stuck-up northern birds tbh :s-smilie:
Trinity Saint David: Carmarthen

Has 3:1 female:male ratio
Original post by NGC773
Trinity Saint David: Carmarthen

Has 3:1 female:male ratio

I've been to Camarthen...and i'm pretty sure I said 'best' universities in the title :eyebrow:
Reply 17
Surely its gonna vary depending on who gets in? :confused:
Reply 18
hottest female population in London on AVERAGE.

1. SOAS (so many buff Persians, Russians, Arabs, European girls :coma:)
2. King's College London (some of their medics were in FHM and High Street Honey :coma:)
3. University College ( especially the humanities :coma:)

Source: Me, friends, FHM, consensus :biggrin:
Original post by Nigeela4rmBradford
Title, in short.

UCL, i'm guessing so it will be my firm (perfect balance of high female + prestigious reputation). Then probably Oxbridge (higher reputation than female students though). The possibly Birmingham/Kings/Manchester.

Just out of curiousity, are Imperial really that low? Because if it's a sausage-fest (mini party sausage rolls obviously :cool:), then it's certainly something i'm going to decline.

I want to go to the best possible university I can but there has to be a high proportion of female students in that university and surrounding that university. It's just one of my criteria. Along with the main stuff like course content, teaching methods, class sizes, accomodation, (international) reputation, city, etc.

I applied to UCL, Imperial, Birmingham, Manchester, Warwick. Atm, i'm thinking UCL because though Imperial is just as good in all other aspects, there's not enough, infact nowhere near enough girls. Birmingham and Manchester have the girls but not the reputation and I like London (a lot). And Warwick is just a farm and I was born in Wales and don't really want to go home so...nah.

I didn't apply to Oxbridge but what are the female-students like there, in terms of numbers? Better than Imperial probably, i've heard Imperial were the worst ever. Is this true? I'm posting this thread before I make my firm choice and its between UCL and Imperial (both amazing unis, both in London, but UCL >>> Imperial in terms of number of female students so i'm firming UCL).

What course out of interest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending