The Student Room Group

Don't trust my gf to take the pill.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Destroyviruses
Aren't you two worried you'll get pregnant?

how do you know my boyfriend doesn't wear a condom? haha but you're right he doesn't. i know lads say they don't like the feel of it. but i don't either, and some of my friends/sisters agree. its horrible. and it ruins the moment having to faf about. i mean if you get in the mood then by looking for condoms putting it on the mood/turn on could just go
ummmmm start using comdons again! :s-smilie: duh! x
Original post by Gemma16
yes i had it took out at the fam planning clinic, their lovely much better than docs :biggrin:
and its very very rare, i know loads of people on pill. and friends have only mentioned they've known 2-3 people get preg whilst on pill.
i've been on pill since june and i'm not pregnant, there is different pills too, some stronger, some you don't take a 7 day break etc. i was on the micro pack (green packet) and they were too strong for me, i know you get pains in your boobs when you're due on and on but these were just not right, so they gave me another pill which is called mercilon which is in a purple packet and now i'm ok :smile: i know some friends have pills where they don't take 7 days break so they must never have periods, i'm not sure :/ but i'd rather have it way i have it.

Oh thanks for this info, I've never used any contraception before. (im a virgin...im 99.9% sure)
Original post by Gemma16
how do you know my boyfriend doesn't wear a condom? haha but you're right he doesn't. i know lads say they don't like the feel of it. but i don't either, and some of my friends/sisters agree. its horrible. and it ruins the moment having to faf about. i mean if you get in the mood then by looking for condoms putting it on the mood/turn on could just go

So you're not worried?

Yeah I've been told, that it hurts with a condom.
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete.

So basically I really don't want kids at all. My gf doesn't really want them either but she's in the "I don't care" camp.

We don't use condoms anymore because she's on the pill. Problem is I don't trust her to take the pill. I mean you have to take it everyday at the same time for it to work right ? Now my gf is smart, I mean she's at a Russel group university so she should be able to take a pill at the same time. For this reason I don't know how to say "Do you take your pill properly ?" to her.

She's a bit ditzy if you know what I mean. I don't know what to do about it, because of this I have well not avoided having sex but I'm more hesitant.

I can't be the only guy who feels this way. I mean we all have days when we don't manage to do everything we're supposed to or we're really busy.

So what do I do aobut this ?

you don't trust her? isn't a relationship based on the foundation of love and trust?

wear a condom if you're worried about her being a "doody"
Original post by Gemma16

Have you ever used a femidom lol, it sounds funny!
Oh thanks for this info, I've never used any contraception before. (im a virgin...im 99.9% sure)

not 100% sure? how is 0.01% based on doubt?
Reply 67

You just gotta find what suits you, everyones different!
i have friends who are on the pill who are also virgins and they just have the pill to control periods. when i'm single i dont have ONS or anything but i still take my pill to control my periods and also for the nasty off chance of rape, i mean its quite rare but you never know :/ gotta be careful.
Reply 68
Have you ever used a femidom lol, it sounds funny!

no, i can remember in year 10 at school they was on about this. but noway :biggrin:
Reply 69
If you don't want kids and can't trust her then you better make sure you wrap it. Why should it be down for the girl to make sure? If you don't want children that badly then you can easily avoid any accidents by using condoms.
Original post by Gemma16
You just gotta find what suits you, everyones different!
i have friends who are on the pill who are also virgins and they just have the pill to control periods. when i'm single i dont have ONS or anything but i still take my pill to control my periods and also for the nasty off chance of rape, i mean its quite rare but you never know :/ gotta be careful.

What's ONS?

Ive heard the pill helps with acne,I have acne.
Reply 71
So you're not worried?

No, i don't mind if i become pregnant. Not saying i want to be pregnant. i'm 18 and i want kids mid 20's :smile: yeah it's just rubbish with a condom, doesn't feel nice.
Original post by parasitologist
Since always. Unprotected sex = sex without a condom because you are unprotected from STIs.

Not really. Unprotected sex is not using any form of contraception, which they are.
Reply 73
What's ONS?

Ive heard the pill helps with acne,I have acne.

One night stands.
Well idk about that one, ive never really suffered with acne, i have a few spots on my chin sometimes, but never had them on my cheeks, forehead ..
Original post by Gemma16
No, i don't mind if i become pregnant. Not saying i want to be pregnant. i'm 18 and i want kids mid 20's :smile: yeah it's just rubbish with a condom, doesn't feel nice.

You applied to unI? I'm worried I'll meet my offer and then have to not go because of that! Im a big worrier lol. But I can also psych myself into this weird carefree attitude.
Original post by GdotL
You are actually allowed to miss 2 or 3 pills per month, especially if they are earlier on in the pack.

:lolwut:

If you miss a pill you are more likely to ovulate so you're therefore more likely to get pregnant
If you can't trust her to take a pill to avoid having kids she knows you dont want, you probably shouldn't be having sex with her.
Reply 77
So you're not worried?

Not sure what they were doing, but sex with a condom should not hurt.
You've read the instructions, right? And you know that condoms come in different sizes?
Reply 78
You applied to unI? I'm worried I'll meet my offer and then have to not go because of that! Im a big worrier lol. But I can also psych myself into this weird carefree attitude.

I'm not going to uni. done 3 years of child care at college, i want to travel. dream is to be a nanny in America! :biggrin:
Original post by jimbo139
Not sure what they were doing, but sex with a condom should not hurt.
You've read the instructions, right? And you know that condoms come in different sizes?

I don't know myself, I've just been told.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending