The Student Room Group

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner?

Scroll to see replies

Paradoxical, for a start my perfect future necessarily includes a perfect partner, while my perfect partner necessarily doesn't inhibit my career orientated goals.
Original post by wilson_smith

Paradoxical, for a start my perfect future necessarily includes a perfect partner, while my perfect partner necessarily doesn't inhibit my career orientated goals.

What are your ambitions?

Irrespective if your perfect partner would never let you give them up, would *you* give them up?
Original post by im so academic
Honestly? Well, technically yes as I would do anything for this person that I am in "love" with.

Sad fact of reality: I will never get him.

And **** me, it is making be blind to rationality.

If I can't have him, then why revolve my life around the potential to find another guy, who will never be as good as the current guy I would do anything to even have a hug with?

Is he Justin Bieber? :wink:
Original post by kbountra

Is he Justin Bieber? :wink:

No he is not.
No he is not.

That was a little insensitive by me! Why have you set you heart on this one guy and are now refusing to ever get married/have a family cos you can't have him? I don't know your circumstances but am intrigued to know more....
(edited 13 years ago)

That was a little insensitive by me! Why have you set you heart on this one guy and are now refusing to ever get married/have a family cos you can't have him? I don't know your circumstances but am intrigued to know more....

PM me if you really want to know.
What are your ambitions?

Irrespective if your perfect partner would never let you give them up, would *you* give them up?

Travel, help people, a non-authoritarian, relatively enjoyable job. Travel obviously not being necessary come perfect partner and potential family.

If the pre-requisites for being with the otherwise perfect partner were the loss of the above aspirations i'd likely, albeit begrudgingly, sacrifice the aspirations. But it's immensely circumstantial, meaning it doubtful that this judgement has any meaning.
Reply 987
ISA you legend you trolled your way past the 1000 reply mark

Travel, help people, a non-authoritarian, relatively enjoyable job. Travel obviously not being necessary come perfect partner and potential family.

If the pre-requisites for being with the otherwise perfect partner were the loss of the above aspirations i'd likely, albeit begrudgingly, sacrifice the aspirations. But it's immensely circumstantial, meaning it doubtful that this judgement has any meaning.

Why would you sacrifice your aspirations?
Reply 989

What tips can you give a young aspiring troll?

Because that choice would likely be most conducive to my happiness, and if i really loved someone that much i doubt i'd realistically be able to choose otherwise.

Because that choice would likely be most conducive to my happiness, and if i really loved someone that much i doubt i'd realistically be able to choose otherwise.

Fair enough I guess. It seems that there are people on this Earth who put a lot of emphasis on finding "the one".
Fair enough I guess. It seems that there are people on this Earth who put a lot of emphasis on finding "the one".

It seems incredibly naive and ill-drawn to hold that there's 'one' person for you out of the six billion resident on this planet. I imagine people are compatible with every hundred or so others, and perhaps incredibly well suited to every few hundred or so. I think relationships which last are borne predominantly from being both this and holding common experience.

It seems incredibly naive and ill-drawn to hold that there's 'one' person for you out of the six billion resident on this planet. I imagine people are compatible with every hundred or so others, and perhaps incredibly well suited to every few hundred or so. I think relationships which last are borne predominantly from being both this and holding common experience.

Exactly, hence why I think this preconceived notion of finding "the one" is bull****.
Reply 994
Exactly, hence why I think this preconceived notion of finding "the one" is bull****.

I don't think anybody litrally means that they are finding one person out of a 7 billion people. I think some people use phrases and figurative language...
Original post by Jacke02

Original post by Jacke02
I don't think anybody litrally means that they are finding one person out of a 7 billion people. I think some people use phrases and figurative language...

So what do people mean then?
Reply 996
So what do people mean then?

Just that they are trying to find someone who will suit them very well, which as you said, could be looaaads of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending