The Student Room Group

Getting Groped in Clubs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It's a club, women go to clubs to act like whores...wtf do they expect?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by fallen angel9
I think the worst time is probably when a guy came up behind me on the dancefloor and put his hand up my dress and rubbed my crotch. I just froze for a second then pushed him away and went to a different floor. :frown:

That same thing happened to me the first night I ever went clubbing, and at the time I just sort of accepted that that is what happens in clubs, but recently I mentioned it to my boyfriend as to why I don't like clubbing and he was furious about it. To be honest, I avoid clubs altogether these days, I've never been treated well in a club and I don't expect to be.
I've endured this, and it's not nice, esp. when you're dancing with your friends, minding your own business and men just descend onto your group and manage to separate you all!! Before you know it, you're with some skank of a man who is trying allsorts on you, in a busy, noisy club. Screams and whatnot go undetected because it's loud, and majority turn a blind eye to it because it's usually the ''norm'' of what people see on nights out.
Reply 63
Original post by nescafe236
How drunk do you have to be for a man to be able to get that close to you and then get his hands inside your knickers before you can move/escape?

This is completely wrong if it happens as you say but I think women have to wise up and stop getting so legless that immoral men will/can take advantage.

Excuse me? I was stone cold sober fyi. I was just in the middle of a busy dancefloor - trust me I moved as quickly as I could!

Not every girl that gets groped in a club is a legless slapper asking for leery lads.
Original post by Abi24
Excuse me? I was stone cold sober fyi. I was just in the middle of a busy dancefloor - trust me I moved as quickly as I could!

Not every girl that gets groped in a club is a legless slapper asking for leery lads.

Agree.

My skirt/dress goes to my knees or just a lil above. No higher than that as I don't want my 'muff' on show! Or give that impression that is want.
Reply 65
Original post by DancinBallerina
Agree.

My skirt/dress goes to my knees or just a lil above. No higher than that as I don't want my 'muff' on show! Or give that impression that is want.

That night was one of the few nights I didnt have tights or leggings on. I like dresses a bit longer but at nearly 6ft not always an option haha
Original post by Abi24
That night was one of the few nights I didnt have tights or leggings on. I like dresses a bit longer but at nearly 6ft not always an option haha

Yea, I seldom wear dresses for this same reason; groppers and usually wear jeans/leggings. I too am on the tall side, and like yourself find it difficult to get dresses that are of proper length.

Such a pain in da arse. :facepalm: lol
Reply 67
Original post by Busby_Babe
Girls rape my arse all the time. Doesn't really bother me.

:eek:
Reply 68
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Hi, so basically I was wondering about this after reading the BBC's latest news on sexual harrassment. Now, at clubs, girls are grabbed and groped. Fact. But when is it too far? I mean, myself like most girls get the unwanted bum pinches/leers/getting grabbed. However there have been a couple of occassions where I feel it's gone further than that and it just hasn't registered with me, and hasn't shocked me, because it's in a club. If it was anywhere else.. it would be sexual harrassment.

But for example, the other night I was out and a man came up behind me in a club while I was at the bar which was pretty quiet, grabbed a boob in one hand and an ass cheek in the other and pulled me towards him from behind quite aggressively, rubbing his erection onto the ass cheek he wasn't squeezing. This was pretty bad. I've had other similar experiences and just wondered, how do you react? Do you think it's okay because it's in a club? Why are me and my friends so desensitized to this?

That was me, had a bit too much to drink :rolleyes:
Reply 69
The guy is guilty under s3(1) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
However, very few are bothered enough to take it this far so I would suggest telling a bouncer and he will be thrown out - unless it was me behind you... in that case push back :biggrin:
Reply 70
all this groping's a turn on :lol:not that I'd ever disrespect a girl like that
Reply 71
Original post by imperial maniac
:lolwut:

If the girl had liked the guy it wouldn't matter anyway.,

That you rubbed her cock against her arse?

In all seriousness, I am not a prude at all. This isn't about that, this is about sexual contact being consensual from the start. I can understand girls feeling threatened by that sort of thing.
If you feel uncomfortable about it, rather than just slightly annoyed that someone feels they can do that, that's when it's gone too far.
Original post by bj_945
That you rubbed her cock against her arse?

In all seriousness, I am not a prude at all. This isn't about that, this is about sexual contact being consensual from the start. I can understand girls feeling threatened by that sort of thing.

Works for me :sexface:
How drunk do you have to be for a man to be able to get that close to you and then get his hands inside your knickers before you can move/escape?

This is completely wrong if it happens as you say but I think women have to wise up and stop getting so legless that immoral men will/can take advantage.

During my experience I was sober/tipsy, not legless at all and he kept hold of my arm so it was pretty hard to get away and so I just froze. :dontknow:
I was in NB's once and this sleazy guy grabbed me from behind and started touching my stomach and then moved his hand towards my crotch :O Needless to say, I made a quick escape!
Reply 76
complaining on an internet forum will do nothing.

you have to make him feel inadequate and if he is rubbing his penis on you then till him it feels tiny. make sure you make it clear you think he is a pervert and that everyone around hears it too. Also tell the bouncers and if you have to tell a few white lies so he definately does get kicked out. Stand up for yourselves cos no guy in a club is going to fight back unless they are the biggest scumbag on the earth.
Reply 77
OP if any guy did that to me, I'd turn around and knee him where it hurts. That should be a good reminder for next time he thinks of doing anything like that.

But Im always out with a lot of guy friends and so that keeps the weird ones away most of the time, thankfully. I have been on nights out when a guy has just grabbed me and one of my guys I was out with, punched him unconscious...
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Hi, so basically I was wondering about this after reading the BBC's latest news on sexual harrassment. Now, at clubs, girls are grabbed and groped. Fact. But when is it too far? I mean, myself like most girls get the unwanted bum pinches/leers/getting grabbed. However there have been a couple of occassions where I feel it's gone further than that and it just hasn't registered with me, and hasn't shocked me, because it's in a club. If it was anywhere else.. it would be sexual harrassment.

But for example, the other night I was out and a man came up behind me in a club while I was at the bar which was pretty quiet, grabbed a boob in one hand and an ass cheek in the other and pulled me towards him from behind quite aggressively, rubbing his erection onto the ass cheek he wasn't squeezing. This was pretty bad. I've had other similar experiences and just wondered, how do you react? Do you think it's okay because it's in a club? Why are me and my friends so desensitized to this?

Men shouldn't touch you without your consent. Period. And yes it is sexual harrasment no matter where you are. How can a women be alright with a complete stranger being intimate like that? Clubs have become a place where many people think others are just looking for sex. Urrgh. Keep away from them, there are other places where you can enjoy yourself with your friends.

So, what, if a girl gets raped on a night out then she is partly to blame for drinking alcohol and having her guard down?

Some guy tried to get with me by sticking his tongue down my throat, his fingers inside me and then forcefully grabbed my wrist and tried to drag me off to have sex with him. I hadn't spoken to him at all that night before that moment, I was ****ing distraught. Yes, I had been drinking but I don't see how that should be an invitation for sex.

People have smacked my arse aswell, and another man actually grabbed my dress on the dancefloor and exposed my boobs to everyone. But yeah, obviously I asked for that, because I had gone to the club and drunk alcohol in the first place, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending