The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

Scroll to see replies

I'm probably not the best one to answer this but unfortunately you don't seem like my kinda guy. I like guys to be a little 'rough around the edges', if you know what I mean. Sorry!
Reply 2
I think: "Thank you Jesus for sending me someone who actually takes some pride in himself."
Reply 3
Original post by ghostbusterbunny
I'm probably not the best one to answer this but unfortunately you don't seem like my kinda guy. I like guys to be a little 'rough around the edges', if you know what I mean. Sorry!

Haha thats no problem! I still see myself as an 'alpha' male as it were, I'm still your typical lad. I just like to keep my appearences up. Just want a general opinion is all and yours is actually what I expect most to be :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LzLz
Haha thats no problem! I still see myself as an 'alpha' male as it were, I'm still your typical lad. I just like to keep my appearences up. Just want a general opinion is all and yours is actually what I expect most to be :smile:

quick, delete this post!

I do the same except I don't trim my underarm hair or use a body brush

What's a body brush?
Nothing wrong with being well groomed mate. Most lads who think they're ugly are usually those who don't take good care of themselves. As long as you're well groomed and confident, you'll be fine.
Reply 6
I'd much prefer it to a guy who made no effort!
Reply 7
sexy
Reply 8
Original post by RahRah09
I think: "Thank you Jesus for sending me someone who actually takes some pride in himself."

Haha I laughed out loud, it seems a 50/50 split with lads on whether they take care of themself or not. Well among my friends anyway!

Original post by a_t
quick, delete this post!

I do the same except I don't trim my underarm hair or use a body brush

What's a body brush?

body brush is just like a bristley brush that you rub your skin with and it gets rid of the dry skin, then you shower and moisterise and it makes it all so much more effective. Skin feels so good, try it :wink: (no homo)
Shouldn't all guys do most of that stuff anyway?
i don't trim my armpits, but i would if i was particularly hairy i guess. im just averagely so :P
I expected this to be about masturbating
Is that you in the pic? What exercise/training do you do?
There's nothing wrong with a man looking after himself. That's common knowledge. Now, a man who looks after himself and needs to confirm this common knowledge is definitely common despite it being 100% common knowledge by making a gay thread on TSR - bell end.
Reply 14
Original post by LzLz
Haha I laughed out loud, it seems a 50/50 split with lads on whether they take care of themself or not. Well among my friends anyway!

body brush is just like a bristley brush that you rub your skin with and it gets rid of the dry skin, then you shower and moisterise and it makes it all so much more effective. Skin feels so good, try it :wink: (no homo)

You should try exfoliating gloves, I find they're way more effective than a body brush.

I do actually have a few metrosexual friends (you'd bloody love them, they all have bodies like yours) and they're the guys that the girls lust after. And we get to swap beauty tips. Girls may say that it's a bit gay to take so much care of yourself, but girls don't want a grimy guy.

Fair enough, I say. It takes a hell of a lot of effort to get yourself looking as airbrushed as celebrities do.
Reply 15
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

The tinted moisturiser and the exfoliating with a body brush would put me off, but the rest is good. I'm not a fan of really unkept facial hair, and it's important that a guy has good hygeine and smells nice. I'd say that some girls will like the effort you go to and others won't.
Out of interest though, what kind of girls are you attracted to? Do you go for girls who put lots of effort into their appearance too?
Original post by ghostbusterbunny

Is that a tiger or a rabbit? Ahhh its messing with me brain!!!!!
Reply 17
Original post by coca
I'd much prefer it to a guy who made no effort!

Same actually (in a friend way) as they generally have better hygiene and are more like me personality wise.

Original post by racello
sexy

People that take care of themselves often are :wink:

Original post by BradfordCityJoss
I expected this to be about masturbating

Actually laughed out loud IRL.

Original post by Irrelevance
There's nothing wrong with a man looking after himself. That's common knowledge. Now, a man who looks after himself and needs to confirm this common knowledge is definitely common despite it being 100% common knowledge by making a gay thread on TSR - bell end.

jealous? thought so. I just wanted a general opinion on what people thought of it on here since most my girl mates (and my girlfriend) all think its apsolutley fine. Why come in here if you're just going to bitch and whine like a raging internet nerd. Only replying to you because I'm trying to reply to everyone but mate, if you got something to say, be nice.

Original post by RahRah09
You should try exfoliating gloves, I find they're way more effective than a body brush.

I do actually have a few metrosexual friends (you'd bloody love them, they all have bodies like yours) and they're the guys that the girls lust after. And we get to swap beauty tips. Girls may say that it's a bit gay to take so much care of yourself, but girls don't want a grimy guy.

Fair enough, I say. It takes a hell of a lot of effort to get yourself looking as airbrushed as celebrities do.

Thanks, I'll give them a try! I also eat right and I think diet is like 90% part of having good skin/hair etc.

Original post by .Heather.
The tinted moisturiser and the exfoliating with a body brush would put me off, but the rest is good. I'm not a fan of really unkept facial hair, and it's important that a guy has good hygeine and smells nice. I'd say that some girls will like the effort you go to and others won't.
Out of interest though, what kind of girls are you attracted to? Do you go for girls who put lots of effort into their appearance too?

Haha yeah I can see why, I just don't like being pale!

Urm I go for girls that make an effort and stuff but not chav girls that make themselves orange with tan and things like that. I like the kind that take an interest in their appearence yes but not in that sense of make-up and horrible slutty clothes.
Reply 18
Original post by bognor-regis
Is that you in the pic? What exercise/training do you do?

Yes it me, I do weight training and strict diet. Took 2 years to get here, and I'm probs even leaner now.
I do the same except for the body brush thing, I thought most guys did? Anyways, I like women that take care of there appearance also, so it would be a bit hypocritical if I didn't either!

Quick Reply

Latest