The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
you wrecked Clarence :frown: Nah i love you really. Is there anywhere that looks pretty new inside?

It still looks new-ish. The communal areas do. :puppyeyes:

Have a look at some of the private accommodation as well which is similarly priced however just not uni halls?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 441
Not sure if I've asked before buuut, lupton anyone? :smile:
Reply 442
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
It still looks new-ish. The communal areas do. :puppyeyes:

Have a look at some of the private accommodation as well which is similarly priced however just not uni halls?

where do i find those? :colondollar: not sure if that'd be out of my comfort zone tho cos i don't wanna like have issues etc. Second yr I'm down for whatever :biggrin:. I sound like a girl don't i? :colondollar:
My train going home is at 4 i only want to visit 3 accommodation places, what am i going to do for the whole day alone!!! :/
Reply 444
Original post by dmz
:console:

Oh right, wow. Long journey then :console:

i got 3 in just less than 5 weeks even the ones i applied to since September. So pretty much slept around since then and attained 5000 post on tsr :frown:. I can't spend any money so mine sucks as well

i technically don't have one. I applied last Friday thru extra but Yea it'd be unconditional if i get one. They said I'd be okay on the phone :dontknow: yours?

Thanks. I'll stick to your advice and sleep quite late tonight.

I need to get an A in chemistry in order for me to study biochemistry at Leeds. I haven't really started revising, I would have studied earlier but I thought I'd get into a pre-medicine course at Southampton so I didn't see the point of re-sitting... that's what I get for putting my hopes up so high :frown:

After this weekend I will study non-stop till May/June and hopefully, fingers crossed I get the grades I need to get into Leeds (I'm worried I'll get a B :/ instead and because if the fee rise, I don't think they'll be lenient on me)

I already have an unconditional at Essex so whatever happens I'll be going to uni this year.

Concerning me chemistry revision go you have any tips for me? :redface:
Reply 445
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
My train going home is at 4 i only want to visit 3 accommodation places, what am i going to do for the whole day alone!!! :/

cinema? I was stuck in Glasgow for 4hours after my interview and it wasn't even an open day :tongue:
Original post by T-Toe
Thanks. I'll stick to your advice and sleep quite late tonight.

I need to get an A in chemistry in order for me to study biochemistry at Leeds. I haven't really started revising, I would have studied earlier but I thought I'd get into a pre-medicine course at Southampton so I didn't see the point of re-sitting... that's what I get for putting my hopes up so high :frown:

After this weekend I will study non-stop till May/June and hopefully, fingers crossed I get the grades I need to get into Leeds (I'm worried I'll get a B :/ instead and because if the fee rise, I don't think they'll be lenient on me)

I already have an unconditional at Essex so whatever happens I'll be going to uni this year.

Concerning me chemistry revision go you have any tips for me? :redface:

you have a conditional at Leeds then? You have to get in! I thought I'd get in Glasgow cos i had a really good interview! Meh. I'm re sitting D1 but for 1.5k :tongue: and not to be completely dumb when i start uni

i was on a target for a B but had to pull it together A2 :tongue: how many are you doing? And which ones? I sucked at the AS modules tbh, lol but i was alright with the A2's mainly cos it had a lot of maths and physicsy stuff

Ha sweet. I turned down an unconditional for my back up to apply for Leeds cos i hoped i wouldn't need it :frown: happy to be going Leeds now, defo going Leeds this year, no matter how many courses i have to apply for :lol:

erm which mod? I got a D on my a2 practical. Lol
Original post by dmz
cinema? I was stuck in Glasgow for 4hours after my interview and it wasn't even an open day :tongue:

Haha, i don't want to go the the cinema alone though hehe :colondollar:! I might look round the shops :P
I cant decide which accommodation i want :frown:
Reply 447
Haha, i don't want to go the the cinema alone though hehe :colondollar:! I might look round the shops :P
I cant decide which accommodation i want :frown:

Haha yea, that's what i did matter?

Clarence dock? we should make a pro and con list and decide which ones matter?
Original post by dmz
where do i find those? :colondollar: not sure if that'd be out of my comfort zone tho cos i don't wanna like have issues etc. Second yr I'm down for whatever :biggrin:. I sound like a girl don't i? :colondollar:

Just generally through surfing really. I know quite a few people who didn't get the accommodation they wanted, far from actually, so they just went through companies like UNITE and managed to get pretty good deals even though it was last minute. If you're looking this early, you're bound to get better deals. Finding places that are student friendly would probably come with less issues though.

You do not. :console: It's okay though, I have enough testosterone for the both of us. :gah:
Reply 449
Original post by dmz

you have a conditional at Leeds then? You have to get in! I thought I'd get in Glasgow cos i had a really good interview! Meh. I'm re sitting D1 but for 1.5k :tongue: and not to be completely dumb when i start uni

i was on a target for a B but had to pull it together A2 :tongue: how many are you doing? And which ones? I sucked at the AS modules tbh, lol but i was alright with the A2's mainly cos it had a lot of maths and physicsy stuff

Ha sweet. I turned down an unconditional for my back up to apply for Leeds cos i hoped i wouldn't need it :frown: happy to be going Leeds now, defo going Leeds this year, no matter how many courses i have to apply for :lol:

erm which mod? I got a D on my a2 practical. Lol

Yes, it was my first offer :smile:
Go for it, it'll be so worth it!! Have you been studying?

What was the university you turned down?

4 modules :/ I'm really running out of time... I'm looking at revising a module a day. I'm determined to get into Leeds!

I got As in the praticals so I don't have to worry about those modules :tongue:
Original post by dmz
Haha yea, that's what i did matter?

Clarence dock? we should make a pro and con list and decide which ones matter?

No, it doesn't haha :biggrin:

I really love it but it seems ages away from the uni/city! I love Oxley, but it seems to far out :frown:.
HELP ME!
Reply 451

Devonshire Hall! :gah: And are you high? :tongue:

oh my days same! Are you going for catered or non catered? I love it, it looks like Hogwarts! I can sit in my room on a night, gazing out the window and writing literature...
LOL jk, Imma hit the bar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH high and on the student room?! Nah, sadly not..
Reply 452
Original post by T-Toe
Yes, it was my first offer :smile:
Go for it, it'll be so worth it!! Have you been studying?

What was the university you turned down?

4 modules :/ I'm really running out of time... I'm looking at revising a module a day. I'm determined to get into Leeds!

I got As in the praticals so I don't have to worry about those modules :tongue:

i tried to a couple of days ago, just couldn't be bothered, lol. I'll start soon and it's meant to be the easiest module in maths, pretty small too

bradford for clinical science. It's a pathway to get into Leeds at medicine 20/75 gets in but i really don't want to spend my fresher in bradford on a course that could easily lead to nowhere :tongue:

4?! Are you doing them all? Did you like get a B on each module? Isn't there one or two you can get loads more mark? Like a summer module? What board are you doing?
My chem teacher hated me because my form tutor changed the B predicted grade to an A. She told me if i worked hard enough I'll get a B, utter cow. I was like 6 ums into an A but an A in the practical would have got me an A* :frown:
No, it doesn't haha :biggrin:

I really love it but it seems ages away from the uni/city! I love Oxley, but it seems to far out :frown:.
HELP ME!

i thought that at first but the other ones are like 15,20mins walk. If you get the bus it'd probably equate to same distance? And emeleh said you don't notice when you walk in groups :dontknow: i really liked oxley but i don't wanna end up sharing :tongue:
Reply 453
Original post by dmz
Hahaha good :tongue:. I can be slow at times :ahee: It shouldn't be an issue for me tbh, it's not too far from town and can i get a bus to the other places (hopefully it's regular). The buses do go everywhere right? You not moving out then?

hahahah you are like the actual DON of this thread! Oh I am moving out, hence why I am on this thread. Where do you like in particular? You've probs said... I have like no memory cells...
you can medically engineer some for me :h:
Reply 454
Just generally through surfing really. I know quite a few people who didn't get the accommodation they wanted, far from actually, so they just went through companies like UNITE and managed to get pretty good deals even though it was last minute. If you're looking this early, you're bound to get better deals. Finding places that are student friendly would probably come with less issues though.

You do not. :console: It's okay though, I have enough testosterone for the both of us. :gah:

Yea I'd turn to it as a last resort and they're usually more modern and cheaper than uni ones, if i don't find a crib for 2nd yr then I'm down :tongue:

**** Yea! Any headway with the accommodation? And Oh i want a lava lamp :tongue: - no idea why
Original post by dmz
i thought that at first but the other ones are like 15,20mins walk. If you get the bus it'd probably equate to same distance? And emeleh said you don't notice when you walk in groups :dontknow: i really liked oxley but i don't wanna end up sharing :tongue:

Yeah, that's true if you have lots of people to talk too then it wont take too long :biggrin:!
I really want to look at Clarence but i have a feeling I'll get lost finding it by myself haha!
Reply 456
Original post by keds1
hahahah you are like the actual DON of this thread! Oh I am moving out, hence why I am on this thread. Where do you like in particular? You've probs said... I have like no memory cells...
you can medically engineer some for me :h:

i just get hooked on things easily. :lol: only became active on tsr in Jan and having no job or friends which are not in uni or college, meant I'm posting a 1001 reply :tongue:. I did that to Glasgow medicine, Glasgow accommodation, Leeds medicine, medicine re ap. I'll have to got myself banned by uni, don't want people knowin who i am. Lol

okay so my question was a bit daft :tongue: CD in front running. Closely followed by leodis and James bailie, you?
Or we can get wasted and lose some more :lol:
Reply 457
Original post by dmz
i tried to a couple of days ago, just couldn't be bothered, lol. I'll start soon and it's meant to be the easiest module in maths, pretty small too

bradford for clinical science. It's a pathway to get into Leeds at medicine 20/75 gets in but i really don't want to spend my fresher in bradford on a course that could easily lead to nowhere :tongue:

4?! Are you doing them all? Did you like get a B on each module? Isn't there one or two you can get loads more mark? Like a summer module? What board are you doing?
My chem teacher hated me because my form tutor changed the B predicted grade to an A. She told me if i worked hard enough I'll get a B, utter cow. I was like 6 ums into an A but an A in the practical would have got me an A* :frown:

Yes :frown: I got a C in chemistry overall, I studied the night before each exam tbh. My chances of getting into Leeds are pretty slim, but if I work hard (and effectively) from now to June, I don't see why my grade can't improve. I chemistry teachers were so awful, I'm getting a tutor to help me out a month before my first exam. I'm doing AQA.

It's great you got an A, how'd you do it?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 458
Yeah, that's true if you have lots of people to talk too then it wont take too long :biggrin:!
I really want to look at Clarence but i have a feeling I'll get lost finding it by myself haha!

plus it has a gym and a bar, all en suite, cool location and under £100!

I don't know Why I'm selling it :facepalm:
check the site and look under the directions, or go to the campus first and get a day pass and i reckon you'll be alright. Get a ****load of printouts with directions :teehee:
Original post by dmz
plus it has a gym and a bar, all en suite, cool location and under £100!

I don't know Why I'm selling it :facepalm:
check the site and look under the directions, or go to the campus first and get a day pass and i reckon you'll be alright. Get a ****load of printouts with directions :teehee:

I know it really looks amazing, but this girl is applying there who i don't really get on with and knowing my look we'll be in the same flat :angry: that would be a nightmare!!

Yeah i have wrote loads of directions on my ipod touch so i know which buses to get and where to! I hope the bus driver will tell me where to get off if i ask him!? You think he will?

Latest