The Student Room Group

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Scroll to see replies

Yeah!!! Well..i have a puppy!!!!
Original post by Refrigerator
this concept of improving your IQ doesn't really exist
IQ is literally raw intelligence that you are born with, environmental factors may have a tiny effect but not more than 5 points or so

very young children are incapable of sitting adult IQ tests basically because their brain just isn't developed enough to have reached its maximum intelligence potential, but this potential is reached at a much younger age than say, puberty, so by about 7 or 8 he would have reached it

So I can never improve on my scores, or the likelihood is very low? :/ shame.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
So I can never improve on my scores, or the likelihood is very low? :/ shame.

afraid so :frown:
but IQ is by no means the only way to rank people in order of how "good" they are and how much better they are than others
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
He'll inevitably become ****ed up by late teenagehood like most child prodigies.

Still sucking those lemons?
lol @ jealous negs
It isnt that hard to teach yourself calculus, but he must be special to do it at eight. Hope he does well
tbh as amazing as it is there are many of these prodigies/savants every year so i doubt that he'll achieve much sad to say.
Reply 67
Original post by Jtking3000
tbh as amazing as it is there are many of these prodigies/savants every year so i doubt that he'll achieve much sad to say.

No.. there aren't a lot of kids who has done what he has 12 and 8.

We should be 'celebrating'. If this kid is pushed hard enough and in the right direction, and his creativeness is let through, we could see some amazing things from him in 5, 10 years time.
I have an iq of 211 (stanford-binet)< higher than his >, which means I skipped 2 grades....and hold a couple of records....
and have a restless & hyperactive mind; but this guy is like the gr8est, may be its coz of his autismc::: Either ways, He makes me look stupid now....

+Plus Just cause u're born w/ a higher IQ than einstein, doesn't mean u're more intelligent :-P
Reply 69
he might be smart...but he got his first integration by parts (for the integral of xcosx) wrong in his video! should've been xsinx + cosx + C... thought I'd point that out :P But more seriously, this guy's doing well for himself! good luck to him!
Original post by jelly1000
So sad that he hasn't known what its like to have a normal, fun, carefree childhood.

Bull****. Physics is fun!
afraid so :frown:
but IQ is by no means the only way to rank people in order of how "good" they are and how much better they are than others

oh, i respect that :smile:

I was offered a place in Mensa but rejected it. Don't really see the point in it to be honest as the test is based on logic and problem solving mostly. In real life there is a lot more to consider such as common sense etc. I know of extremely intelligent people academically but when it comes to common sense they have far too many blonde moments :P

Its a shame you can't improve your IQ. Would be nice to have tried to better it but then again I doubt I'd have ever been bothered to do the test again. I only did it as my college entered a programme and it got me out of a lesson I hated.
Wow, his parents must be very proud of him. I hope he studies hard and that his condition doesn't hinder his progress when he gets older. He obviously is very intelligent.
I remember that girl who got into cambridge at 13, she ended up being a prostitute or something.
Many of these child prodigies just disapear due to not being able to cope.

However we surely need more people like him to solve the world's problems.
Would be great if they could come up with a cure for cancer,global warming and so on.

By the way , for all people feeling stupid due to this kid, he is the exception not the rule.

I suggest you read Napoleon hill's think and grow rich to get an idea of how to surround yourself with a master mind group.You don't need to be a genius to be successful.
Think about it.
The one most important skill EVER is communication with other human beings.That is what makes or break you as a person wether your IQ is 50 or 150.

Most ''geniuses'' lived in poverty due to poor communication skills.

Keep your heads up tho.

Smart kid, I wish him all the best.

I agree with the fact that it's the media being the media and that we should work hard to achieve our best, but first of all, IQ is just the genetic lottery put into numbers, and at the kind of levels that the kid is at, you need good genes as well as hard work. Only so much can be done with hard work

or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better

IQ does not necessarily correlate with genius etc. Mozart may not have had an "exceptional" IQ, but he was certainly a genius. The media always churn out these stories - and guess what they bang on about in them? "IQ"!

Top intelligent professors around the world may not have "exceptional" IQs, but they are certainly intelligent and proficient. Even Einstein.

Genius do not have to be socially inept or meek etc - an all-round person of exceptional intelligence should confident etc.

Genius is not by lottery - if a parent refined and developed their child since birth to an exceptional degree - the chances are that that child would be something special.

Genius - nature or nurture.

In many cases nature, but there is nothing to say that careful and planned nurture could not also produce it too.

The media does well to make people think that genius is unattainable - thank goodness that I stay well away from it.
Original post by Theconomist
Most ''geniuses'' lived in poverty due to poor communication skills.

:lolwut:
wow that is impressive. But I have to add just one thing, having a higher IQ than Einstein isn't that inmpressive, as far as I know his IQ wasn't that high, obviously he still was highly intelligent but there have been many others with a higher IQ.
The thing about Einstein was that he had the imagination, and was asking the right questions. And this is not always a consequence of a high IQ.
Bet he has no friends though lol

All a waste really.
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
IQ does not necessarily correlate with genius etc. Mozart may not have had an "exceptional" IQ, but he was certainly a genius. The media always churn out these stories - and guess what they bang on about in them? "IQ"!

Top intelligent professors around the world may not have "exceptional" IQs, but they are certainly intelligent and proficient. Even Einstein.

Genius do not have to be socially inept or meek etc - an all-round person of exceptional intelligence should confident etc.

Genius is not by lottery - if a parent refined and developed their child since birth to an exceptional degree - the chances are that that child would be something special.

Genius - nature or nurture.

In many cases nature, but there is nothing to say that careful and planned nurture could not also produce it too.

The media does well to make people think that genius is unattainable - thank goodness that I stay well away from it.

personally I think genius is way more nature than nurture
it's the fact that it is a state which can't be attained by everyone which makes it genius, if all it took was hard work, there would be a lot more 'geniuses' in the world

but that leads to the point that this hard working class of genius were born being able to concentrate and work hard at things, whereas others were born as quitters without being able to concentrate for long, so I suppose the hard workers can still be called geniuses, but it is still fundamentally down to genetics
Reply 79
Hmm, I feel stupid compared to the majority on TSR; to have that majority say they now feel stupid... Where the hell does this put me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending