The Student Room Group

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I call shenanigans.
woah, wow! That's amazing! Being a physics student myself I can appreciate his extraordinary mind, who knows he may well become a famous scientist in the future.
Reply 82
Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?
Original post by Jono404
Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?

All of his whiteboards have theories on them, so he uses windows.
Original post by Refrigerator

Original post by Refrigerator
personally I think genius is way more nature than nurture
it's the fact that it is a state which can't be attained by everyone which makes it genius, if all it took was hard work, there would be a lot more 'geniuses' in the world

but that leads to the point that this hard working class of genius were born being able to concentrate and work hard at things, whereas others were born as quitters without being able to concentrate for long, so I suppose the hard workers can still be called geniuses, but it is still fundamentally down to genetics

You think genius is down to genetics - the media's motives have worked well. Do you still not see the point of these kind of articles? Can you offer an alternative point for these articles?

You believe that once born to a certain kind of parents, that is it and there is no way to change oneself? By all means, it would be harder, but certainly not impossible.

A "quitter" can remodel his/herself to be a hard-working and concentrating human being. It is not just hard work - it is dedication, actually loving what you are doing, striving to want more and be better, working consistently at it etc etc
Original post by Panda Vinnie
woah, wow! That's amazing! Being a physics student myself I can appreciate his extraordinary mind, who knows he may well become a famous scientist in the future.

Another Hawkings perhaps? :smile:
this guy has a girlfriend, his 12 lol how cute.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
:lolwut:

Edison,Da Vinci,Einstein,Carl Marx,Plato,Poe

The list goes on and on.
Original post by Casshern1456
this guy has a girlfriend, his 12 lol how cute.

So he surpasses the guys on TSR both academically and socially :awesome:
Reply 89
This child's childhood has been somewhat ruined, in a way.
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Another Hawkings perhaps? :smile:

Eh....
Hope not.

I'd rather have another Einstein or Newton than a Hawkings.
Fair enough :smile:
is this a real life sheldon cooper???
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
You think genius is down to genetics - the media's motives have worked well. Do you still not see the point of these kind of articles? Can you offer an alternative point for these articles?

You believe that once born to a certain kind of parents, that is it and there is no way to change oneself? By all means, it would be harder, but certainly not impossible.

A "quitter" can remodel his/herself to be a hard-working and concentrating human being. It is not just hard work - it is dedication, actually loving what you are doing, striving to want more and be better, working consistently at it etc etc

you know the media don't always have to lie about or mislead people on things, they can capitalise on the truth once in a while

and a 'quitter' can only remodel his/herself if he has been given the capacity to do so, and some people clearly have a greater capacity to change and remodel themselves than others, which is due to genetics
Asperger's is not a mild form of autism. It's related, but different in kind.

Anyway, good going on the kid.
Original post by Jono404

He didn't have a spare whiteboard in the video; they all have his theories written on them.
Reply 96
I would kill for a 1/4 of his brain :sigh:
Why do people make these silly comparisons with Einstein. Who cares if he's young, he hasn't done anything original has he? Ruth Lawrence came top of her year at Oxford and got a starred first at age 13 - whcih she did in two years, what's she done? Not much by the standard of an average UK maths professor.
Original post by Panda Vinnie
So he surpasses the guys on TSR both academically and socially :awesome:

:rofl:
Reply 99
Now we only need to clone his genes and we're set for time travel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending