The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths firmers - 2011 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skyja
:biggrin:
History and history of ideas sounds so interesting btw! History of ideas was one of my main subjects in college and I really, really liked it!

I studied history at AS level but I don't think it really counts. I've come from a media background but I'm really looking forward to studying an academic subject and especially one that sounds as interesting as this one. It's not JUST history and it's not quite philosophy. Hopefully it'll balance out just right.

You're studying psychology is that right? Psychology really REALLY interests me. I studied that too, but ended up dropping out.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 21
Original post by twist.the.illusion
I studied history at AS level but I don't think it really counts. I've come from a media background but I'm really looking forward to studying an academic subject and especially one that sounds as interesting as this one. It's not JUST history and it's not quite philosophy. Hopefully it'll balance out just right.

You're studying psychology is that right? Psychology really REALLY interests me. I studied that too, but ended up dropping out.

I'm sure it will. I really enjoyed that too, that mix between philosophy and history. And during my course we were also looking a lot at how paintings were looking through different times and such things, absolutely loved it!

Psychology yeah (: Did you study it at university? And how come you dropped out if you don't mind me asking (:
Original post by skyja
I'm sure it will. I really enjoyed that too, that mix between philosophy and history. And during my course we were also looking a lot at how paintings were looking through different times and such things, absolutely loved it!

Psychology yeah (: Did you study it at university? And how come you dropped out if you don't mind me asking (:

I was studying a foundation degree at the University of Bedford. Truth be told, I had a lot to do with people who work in mental health and the thought of going into that as a profession just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. A little too close to home I guess. Now I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!
Reply 23
I'm firm in my head but still waiting on the slackers at UEL to give me any sort of response so I can pick my 2 final choices!
Original post by skyja

Original post by skyja
Do you know though whether it's mainly postgraduates in Chesterman? I was reading on the homepage and there it says that they are usually allocating postgraduates there (whatever that means).

no theres a mix of undergraduates (mainly 1st yrs) and postgraduates (those doing masters etc) i think it is mainly 1st years in chesterman though.
Original post by inziebaybee
no theres a mix of undergraduates (mainly 1st yrs) and postgraduates (those doing masters etc) i think it is mainly 1st years in chesterman though.

As soon as I can in April I shall apply to live in Chesterman I think
Reply 26
As soon as I can in April I shall apply to live in Chesterman I think

Thank you for your answer inziebaybee!

And high five again you :biggrin:
I really like everything about Chesterman and I guess that will be my first choice too (:
Original post by skyja
Thank you for your answer inziebaybee!

And high five again you :biggrin:
I really like everything about Chesterman and I guess that will be my first choice too (:

We should have tea on the terrace sometime.
Reply 28
I firmed Goldsmiths a year ago for English, just been on my gap year so I am SO ready for uni. Anyone going into Loring Hall?
I'm not going to Goldsmiths but I know people there and I think you guys are making a great choice! Well done :biggrin:
Reply 30
anyone for anthropology? can you take art classes on the side? does anyone know?
I think you just sold Chesterman too me! I'm too old for parties. Hell, I should just get a place in an assisted living facility!

Yes I'm sold on Chesterman now too! Unfortunately, I still need to make my choice on UCAS! I'm a bit undecided, as, while Goldsmiths seems great, I'm not sure to firm it as I got into Royal Holloway which is good too (and I'm still waiting to hear from my last choice, but Goldsmiths seems the best).

Regardless, if I do choose Goldsmiths, I will apply for Chesterman because I'm currently in party central student halls and I want to scream almost every day from all the **** that goes on. I could use a more laid back hall. Ah, can't wait for that. Mature and laid back and maybe even intelligent people! I've forgotten what they're like.
Original post by Maxomatosis
Yes I'm sold on Chesterman now too! Unfortunately, I still need to make my choice on UCAS! I'm a bit undecided, as, while Goldsmiths seems great, I'm not sure to firm it as I got into Royal Holloway which is good too (and I'm still waiting to hear from my last choice, but Goldsmiths seems the best).

Regardless, if I do choose Goldsmiths, I will apply for Chesterman because I'm currently in party central student halls and I want to scream almost every day from all the **** that goes on. I could use a more laid back hall. Ah, can't wait for that. Mature and laid back and maybe even intelligent people! I've forgotten what they're like.

What will you be studying?
Reply 33
We should have tea on the terrace sometime.

absolutely very much yes!
I've firmed! Nearly cried declining my offer for UEA and have half a mind to go and alter my decision but I think I'll be happier with the lifestyle at Goldsmiths and having London as your home my be something pretty amazing.
I'll be studying English and American Lit and I'm thinking I'll apply for Loring or Dean House.. Anyone else?
What will you be studying?

I got offers for both Music and Popular Music, but the Popular Music course seems a bit more fitting for me as I'm no classical aficionado. I also would have like to have studied politics or history, but my background is more music and I'm currently studying music now, so that helps too.

I read what you're studying I think, but remind me again?
Original post by ChancedTravels
I've firmed! Nearly cried declining my offer for UEA and have half a mind to go and alter my decision but I think I'll be happier with the lifestyle at Goldsmiths and having London as your home my be something pretty amazing.
I'll be studying English and American Lit and I'm thinking I'll apply for Loring or Dean House.. Anyone else?

Yeah the lifestyle and location are my reasons for currently thinking Goldsmiths is my frontrunner. I also have an offer from RHUL and where I currently study on foundation (LIPA), but while both of the others are good schools, especially RHUL, I feel like Goldsmith is just cooler and smarter and I'd get on with people better. Even just reading the Goldsmiths threads puts me at ease to be honest.
I got offers for both Music and Popular Music, but the Popular Music course seems a bit more fitting for me as I'm no classical aficionado. I also would have like to have studied politics or history, but my background is more music and I'm currently studying music now, so that helps too.

I read what you're studying I think, but remind me again?

I bet popular music will be quite good. And it'll be easier to relate to/understand if that makes sense? I'll be studying History and History of Ideas.
Yeah the lifestyle and location are my reasons for currently thinking Goldsmiths is my frontrunner. I also have an offer from RHUL and where I currently study on foundation (LIPA), but while both of the others are good schools, especially RHUL, I feel like Goldsmith is just cooler and smarter and I'd get on with people better. Even just reading the Goldsmiths threads puts me at ease to be honest.

Yeah I have a RH offer too, but just couldn't face living in the middle of nowhere, even if it is a gorgeous campus! Goldsmiths is a place I want to BE, whereas UEA is just a place I want to study (not that I won't be working hard at Goldsmiths of course :tongue:) and the societys (Smiths/the huge dance society) just seem to slip in with my current lifestyle a lot better than they probably would at UEA where I would just end up drinking each and every night :colondollar:

Very, very excited now! How odd that we'll all be at school together soon..
I bet popular music will be quite good. And it'll be easier to relate to/understand if that makes sense? I'll be studying History and History of Ideas.

Yeah I agree about the Popular Music course. Yours sounds really interesting! Well, maybe I'll see you around in the Fall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending